Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do you....
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

...brush your teeth?

I was brushing my teeth this morning and I have a bad habit of letting the water run the entire time. I've been trying to be more conscientious of the water restrictions and to just not be a wasteful dude and turn it off but sometimes old habits are hard to break. What do you guys do? Obviously Gammil has no reliable to data to pull from but I would be curious to hear what he does now.

Post subject: Re: How do you....
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:07 pm 

I leave the water on the entire time. I'm bad about doing that with the kitchen faucet too when I'm cleaning in there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:08 pm 
Site Admin

Water off

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
I leave the water on the entire time. I'm bad about doing that with the kitchen faucet too when I'm cleaning in there.

Interesting. Let me ask what the wife does with the water when she performs her assigned task and get back with you.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Water off

^ Making Frisco a greener place to live ^

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

or somesuch wrote:
Water off

:cap: Lib

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:cap: Jesus walked on it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:40 pm 

TerdFerguson wrote:
Trained Goucho wrote:

Interesting. Let me ask what the wife does with the water when she performs her assigned task and get back with you.

You butthole.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Water off.

We may have discussed this before, but what is your procedural order when prepping the toothbrush? I first run water over the brush then apply toothpaste. But some people do this in reverse.

Also, when washing my hands, first I run water over my hands then apply soap and lather up. Some get soap first and then run water over their hands and lather up.

The people who reverse these initial steps often have a significantly different skin pigmentation from me or the people I generally associate with or vote for.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Water off while brushing.

Water on while doing that womanly post-meal cleanup chore.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
Water off.

We may have discussed this before, but what is your procedural order when prepping the toothbrush? I first run water over the brush then apply toothpaste. But some people do this in reverse.

Also, when washing my hands, first I run water over my hands then apply soap and lather up. Some get soap first and then run water over their hands and lather up.

The people who reverse these initial steps often have a significantly different skin pigmentation from me or the people I generally associate with or vote for.

I too wet the tooth brush before brushing. I also wet my hands first before washing but on rare occasion I'll soap up first when I'm being laz....oh, I see what you did there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:05 am 

fellas go about breaking bananas off the bunch when shopping for produce at your go to grocer? is this cool or not cool?
I buy 5 and only 5 bananas/bro-nanas at a time. If I'm in the grocery store and see the perfect looking bunch and it has 7 bananas on it, I'll break 2 off...Can I get in trouble for this? Again, I just want 5 bananas.

:bananadance:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:07 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Digadoo's right, we've talked about this before. I don't use water for brushing except to rinse the brush when I'm finished. On the rare occasions I'm cleaning the dishes I'll put the stopper in the sink to catch the running hot water until it fills up. Then it's dunk, scrub, dunk and into the dishwasher. Those that don't go in the dishwasher go into the second sink until I'm done, then I do a final rinse and dry.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:13 am 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Digadoo's right, we've talked about this before. I don't use water for brushing except to rinse the brush when I'm finished. On the rare occasions I'm cleaning the dishes I'll put the stopper in the sink to catch the running hot water until it fills up. Then it's dunk, scrub, dunk and into the dishwasher. Those that don't go in the dishwasher go into the second sink until I'm done, then I do a final rinse and dry.

what about when you shave?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:15 am 

it is my contention that a sink full of shaving water is gross, therefore, water stays on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:16 am 

the forum is acting aidsy today.

Last edited by Trained Goucho on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:29 am 
Site Admin

The water is generally on when shaving. Off when trimming.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:08 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I normally shave in the shower. I enjoy sink shaving more, but ain't nobody got time for dat. When I do sink shave, I have a sink full of hot water. The sink full of hair is indeed gross, but I'm always amazed at how much it actually is. We are weird.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:14 am 
I'm a tool.

I've been a sink shaver for years, but recently turned to shower only. I need a mirror. Shower mirrors suck in general and only last a few months.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:30 am 

Being bald, I can shave my head in the shower and do a better job than in front of the mirror.

I have tried to shower shave my face with no mirror, but the end result usually isn't good.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:22 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I grew me a beard last summer, but shaved it off about a week ago. I did a trim over the sink and left a disgusting mess there. I shaved the rest in the shower, which was an ordeal because shaving a full beard is an ordeal. I must've been in the shower about 20 minutes scraping that shit off and trying to get the razor clean for another go. It was a waste of water, but at least it wasn't as messy as the sink.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
I grew me a beard last summer, but shaved it off about a week ago. I did a trim over the sink and left a disgusting mess there. I shaved the rest in the shower, which was an ordeal because shaving a full beard is an ordeal. I must've been in the shower about 20 minutes scraping that shit off and trying to get the razor clean for another go. It was a waste of water, but at least it wasn't as messy as the sink.

Yeah basically you gotta trim it down to a nub, otherwise shaving is painful. I take the guard off my bead trimmer and get it as close as I can before I take the blades to it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:27 pm 

4 days is probably the longest I've ever gone before shaving.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I shave only on Sundays. I hate shaving.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:53 pm 
Site Admin

Shaving is definitely a beating, but man it feels good afterwards.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I rarely shave everyday as well. Too much time wasted. I got shit to do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mrs. Ich doesn't like me with a beard, but does like about a 4 day stubble... She says it makes me look dangerous! :twisted:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:09 pm 

Welp, that just cued Roxette for the rest of the day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sink shaver. I shave twice a week, Wednesdays (staff meeting) and Saturdays, once a week if I'm feeling lazy. I usually grow a months worth of a beard through the late fall and early winter, but I'm typically beaten by it by Christmas.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'd also like to note that I'm an occasional sink pisser. I only do that in the bathroom, never in the kitchen. I have standards.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

WTF? You climb up on the counter to piss in the sink?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:34 pm 

bigboy wrote:
I'd also like to note that I'm an occasional sink pisser. I only do that in the bathroom, never in the kitchen. I have standards.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
WTF? You climb up on the counter to piss in the sink?

I have to. My wife looks at me weird if I try to use a step stool.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I don't piss in the bathroom sink because there's a toilet about 2-5 feet away from it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Where's the fun in that?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:

Every leave a sink bobber?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I did piss in the sink a lot when I lived in a dorm in college, but that was out of convenience. And my roommate never suspected anything.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:05 pm 

Knowing what we know about how porch and back yard peeing upsets wives, holy shitballs, she'd lose it if she ever saw me peeing in a sink.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've been known to walk outside and per in the back yard. Ask Cle.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We have some worn out fence issues in our backyard and we've been getting a stretch of new fence whenever the bordering neighbors can help pay it. We have a nice stained board-on-board fence along three sides of the backyard, but our neighbor right behind won't have any part of it. When some boards needed replacing this summer, he paid for some cheap-shit landscaping wood and a Mexican to put up a whole new side. Didn't consult us at all. I just got home from work one day and there was a new fence. I didn't much care since I didn't have to pay a dime for it, but Mrs. Tit has a more aesthetic eye and it sent her right up a tree. The reason for my story is to point out that I now have permission from the wife to piss on that stretch of fence anytime I feel fit. With the meds I take, that wood will be warped, broken-down, and in need of replacing by next June. If anyone wants to help, we'll get some Mickey's Big Mouth and have a party some night.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
We have some worn out fence issues in our backyard and we've been getting a stretch of new fence whenever the bordering neighbors can help pay it. We have a nice stained board-on-board fence along three sides of the backyard, but our neighbor right behind won't have any part of it. When some boards needed replacing this summer, he paid for some cheap-shit landscaping wood and a Mexican to put up a whole new side. Didn't consult us at all. I just got home from work one day and there was a new fence. I didn't much care since I didn't have to pay a dime for it, but Mrs. Tit has a more aesthetic eye and it sent her right up a tree. The reason for my story is to point out that I now have permission from the wife to piss on that stretch of fence anytime I feel fit. With the meds I take, that wood will be warped, broken-down, and in need of replacing by next June. If anyone wants to help, we'll get some Mickey's Big Mouth and have a party some night.

One of my neighbors in Lewisville replaced his entire fence. He came to me first and let me know he was doing it and would I pay for my part of the fence. I told him absolutely just get with me when it's done and I'll settle up. Well he comes to me with a bill for ~$2400 if I remember right, and my part was 1/3 of that, ~$750. I'm like, "Dude, I ain't paying for the whole side you and I share." It took a couple of minutes and I eventually had to illustrate it on a napkin to show him how he pays for his entire back fence, and then pays half of the fences I and his other neighbor shares. I don't think he was trying to rip me off, he was just dumb about it. His other neighbor was just as stupid because he had already written a check for the whole thing. Neighbors are stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've told this story a couple of times over the years. Somewhere along the way someone told me that whoever is on the post side of a shared fence traditionally is responsible for the upkeep. I dunno.