Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sweet Greggo buys a house
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:00 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
If you are looking to buy a house, don't. We looked at a house today that was $50K more expensive this time last year.

Yea, it's pretty stupid. 3 years ago was the time to buy, fo sho.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:36 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Realtors are fake and annoying (except mine). I hate when they try and make small talk and ask what we are looking for. Just shut up and get out of our way. If we like the house, we will let you know. We went to go visit 2 open houses and they follow you around trying to explain what you are looking at as if we can't figure it out. I told the last one that I watch Property Brothers and Selling New York, I know how this works. Just keep the cookies and juice coming and stfu. We will be driving around with our realtor tomorrow at which point we will most likely make an offer. We were told if you don't go in at full ask then you should forget about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:29 am 
Site Admin

Went to realtor.com and put in our demands from 2 years ago. 3 results came up. All smaller and more outdated, all more expensive. We were overwhelmed with options when we bought. I don't know how you're doing it. Although I guess if you hate looking at houses, it's perfect for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:41 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My "demands" aren't ones that you can really search for. It's more about open concepts or not having the fireplace as a focal point on a wall thereby making it impossible to hang a TV. The only way to do that is search through tons of homes until the right look jumps out at me. I don't mind paying to upgrade a kitchen or bathroom or replace carpet or paint. I don't necessarily need brand new but I don't want some old looking homes with tons of siding or front garages. I know I'll have to make some concessions unless we want to build but I have the worst buyer's remorse as it is so no matter but I find, I'll always wonder if I should have held out for something nicer/better. With the start of school this fall, I don't have the luxury of time.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:19 pm 
I'm a tool.

TerdFerguson wrote:
Realtors are fake and annoying (except mine). I hate when they try and make small talk and ask what we are looking for. Just shut up and get out of our way. If we like the house, we will let you know. We went to go visit 2 open houses and they follow you around trying to explain what you are looking at as if we can't figure it out. I told the last one that I watch Property Brothers and Selling New York, I know how this works. Just keep the cookies and juice coming and stfu. We will be driving around with our realtor tomorrow at which point we will most likely make an offer. We were told if you don't go in at full ask then you should forget about it.

my Dell guy is the same way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:20 pm 
I'm a tool.

TerdFerguson wrote:
My "demands" aren't ones that you can really search for. It's more about open concepts or not having the fireplace as a focal point on a wall thereby making it impossible to hang a TV. The only way to do that is search through tons of homes until the right look jumps out at me. I don't mind paying to upgrade a kitchen or bathroom or replace carpet or paint. I don't necessarily need brand new but I don't want some old looking homes with tons of siding or front garages. I know I'll have to make some concessions unless we want to build but I have the worst buyer's remorse as it is so no matter but I find, I'll always wonder if I should have held out for something nicer/better. With the start of school this fall, I don't have the luxury of time.

Sounds like you want Frank Moody's house.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

Sounds like Frank gets pretty moody when looking at houses.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:
cap wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

:babyarm: I heard it's madness.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Gammill brood just increased by one. My dad had too many dogs (they're always wandering up or my sisters will rescue one and drop it off and dad's), so we went and picked one up on Saturday. When we were there a few weeks ago we went on and on about "Lilly", a blonde pointer mix with a severe underbite. I teased my sister that I would be taking Lily home with me soon. I danced on her tears as I loaded the dog in the backseat.

Lily is a stupid name (all of my dad's dog's are flowers: Rosie, Lily, Ivy, Daisy, etc), so now her name is Carl (after Bill Murray's character in CaddyShack). She's so damn cute. She has breathing issues and makes all sorts of snorts when she takes a breath. She's never barked either so I guess her voicebox is messed up. She weighs 40 pounds but thinks she weighs 10 and wants to sit in my lap whenever I sit down. She moves in slow motion and will lumber up me step by step until she can reach my neck, her favorite spot to slobber on.

True story: When we got home Saturday and let Carl and Cookie out in the back yard, of course the first thing they do is sniff butts. She got a whiff of him, then he shove his nose in her cooch. While he's doing his impression of the human centipede, his ass starts gyrating like Ace Ventura just solved the case("Can ya feel that, baby!!!"). Only happened once and it's the funniest damn thing I've seen in a while.

Another true story: Change is tough for good puppy dogs. Cookie's routine is messed up so he hasn't eaten on his regular schedule for a couple of days. Carl hasn't hardly eaten anything. Worse yet she's only peed once that I witnessed, and hasn't pooped at all. I fear what I will find when I get home today. I should probably work late and let the wifey deal with it before I get home.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Oh, and when I'm looking for her, I call her like this

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
cap wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

You stop right there.

:D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
cap wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

:babyarm: I heard it's madness.

:dad:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:28 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This is Carl. She's derp.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:32 am 
Site Admin

orcdog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:41 am 
Site Admin

cap wrote:
again, somey is distancing from his roots. becoming 'the man'.

After a link I saw yesterday, you might want to tap the break on this and direct it to another amigo.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm guessing this isn't the best time to announce our offer has been accepted on a house close to the Someys.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:47 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
I'm guessing this isn't the best time to announce our offer has been accepted on a house close to the Someys.

Congrats. :babyarm:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:

Congrats Terd. Remember if you need a home inspector, call meh. *pinky to ear*

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:21 am 
I'm a tool.

TerdFerguson wrote:

lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:24 pm 
I'm a tool.

Here you go, Gam. Dale's house is for sale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Nice house, but horrid decor.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:

I heard Waxahachie doesn't have any Valero's. No thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:29 pm 

It would be like living in a Bass Pro Shop.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:00 am 
I'm a tool.

TerdFerguson wrote:

no siding?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:twirl: Guess who has 2 thumbs and is out of default on his student loan?!? :twirl:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:03 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sup holmes. Working for the man makes it difficult to post. We close on our house this Friday and I won't even be present. I'll be in Austin for the next two weeks for training so we had to fill out paperwork to give the wife power of attorney to sign on my behalf. It's cra how much paperwork and time it takes to go from looking at a house to actually moving in. Lucky for us we put our house on the market on a Wednesday and had 40 showings that Saturday. We accepted an offer for $16K over ask and couldn't be happier. As luck would would have it, we have to have the foundation fixed to the tune of $7500. And it's not one of those things that you can just knock off the price. It has to be done before the loan is approved. I also found out on Friday that Verizon isn't available at my new house. I almost want to call the deal off but the wife ain't having any of that. Now I have the unenviable task of buying a new fridge, washer/dryer, and furniture. I miss posting and dunching with you guys. Homies help homies. Always. Always.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

What's this training session called? "You're 1% now: Welcome to it"?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I knew this day was coming. I bought a family sized bottle of Mr. Bubble for when Ted inevitably asks us to help him move.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Sup holmes. Working for the man makes it difficult to post. We close on our house this Friday and I won't even be present. I'll be in Austin for the next two weeks for training so we had to fill out paperwork to give the wife power of attorney to sign on my behalf. It's cra how much paperwork and time it takes to go from looking at a house to actually moving in. Lucky for us we put our house on the market on a Wednesday and had 40 showings that Saturday. We accepted an offer for $16K over ask and couldn't be happier. As luck would would have it, we have to have the foundation fixed to the tune of $7500. And it's not one of those things that you can just knock off the price. It has to be done before the loan is approved. I also found out on Friday that Verizon isn't available at my new house. I almost want to call the deal off but the wife ain't having any of that. Now I have the unenviable task of buying a new fridge, washer/dryer, and furniture. I miss posting and dunching with you guys. Homies help homies. Always. Always.

I'll help ya move, Terd.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
So yesterday I made the 8th payment in my student loan recovery program and was informed that when I make my next payment my case will be turned over to the DoE for review and ultimately I will be brought out of default. I thought I had to wait until October but apparently not. Shit might equal on again really soon.

I called the finance lady yesterday to get everything started. We didn't get very far though because when she pulled my credit report it shows that I am *still* in default on my damn student loan. I got a hold of the DoE and was all like "wtf" and the lady was like "takes 45 days to report, homes"

So I've circle Sept 2 on my calendar and will resume my journey shortly after.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:43 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This is getting tedious, Craig.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
This is getting tedious, Craig.

:babyarm: :babyarm: :babyarm:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:twirl: :twirl: :twirl: Sweet Mary Mother of Joseph THE SHIT IS ON!!! :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

Just got off the phone with the finance lady and your little buddy greggo has a clean bill of health and is good to go! She is sending a letter to the Jub Jub doppleganger and I will be looking at houses in a couple of days. One full fucking year later I am finally a real life house shopper.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

And as a reminder, if you need a home inspector...not to name names, but don't be Terd.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:10 pm 
I'm a tool.

Look at Mckinney craig ranch. those houses are nice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:14 pm 

Here's hoping everything goes thru before your landlord dings your credit over those French doors.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
Here's hoping everything goes thru before your landlord dings your credit over those French doors.

:babyarm: omg you have no idea. My dog has issues.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Just sent off a list containing 19 houses to a beary nice sounding realtor. We gon do dis.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:12 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Found out the next day that out of that list of 19 only 7 are actually available. wtf people, quit moving to Euless. >:(

I have an appt today to get this thing kicked off. Mazzle mazzle. Good things.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Found out the next day that out of that list of 19 only 7 are actually available. wtf people, quit moving to Euless. >:(

It's not just Euless. Been doing a little research myself and holy shit there is nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

or somesuch wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

It's not just Euless. Been doing a little research myself and holy shit there is nothing.

trying to put some more distance between you and Ted?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

Not trying, but I want a bigger back yard. We were rushed into this house, though the house itself is what we want. Would probably have to build to get what I want, which probably means even further northeast. I was just researching though, nothing's going to come of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next