Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sweet Greggo buys a house
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:51 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well that was disappointing. We looked at 5 houses yesterday and they were all shit. Holy fuck, people, clean your shit up when you know people are coming over.

We only really saw one that I even entertained the thought of buying, but even then it would need some work. Our options now are to either wait to see what else pops up in Euless or expand our search farther west. I'm not in too much of a hurry but I know the wifey is getting anxious.

BTW, the fake Jub is wonderful guy. Very pleasant through the whole thing. Thanks, diddly be bop for pointing me in his direction.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We walked into one house and he looked around and said "this place sucks" or somesuch. He's a friend so I knew he'd be pretty honest with us, but it was still refreshing. And he does play Pontius Pilate in the church Christmas play every year, so I'm always a little leery.

A good time saver is to scout the houses yourself before arranging to do a walk through. We knocked probably 2/3 of the houses off our list just by seeing the outsides in person.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Does he say "Welease Bwian!"?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We looked at a few more on Saturday. It was a much better lot than the ones we saw on Thursday, but they were all away from where we really want to be. If push comes to shove it's nice to know there are houses we like that we can actually buy.

We have 2 more to look at this afternoon. Both look nice on paper and both are in the area we want to be. I have a really good feeling about one of them, which means someone will open a contract on it before we even see it. :/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:22 pm 
I'm a tool.

you better quit effing around.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The one I really like has a couple of issues but they seem minor. We're submitting an offer today.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:41 pm 
I'm a tool.

offer low. But not too low.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:10 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So of course there are multiple offers on the house. Dunno how many... could me mine and one other, could be 10 others. We submitted my final offer and should hear something today or tomorrow. I doubt if I'll get it so I don't have my hopes up. Oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 am 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
So of course there are multiple offers on the house. Dunno how many... could me mine and one other, could be 10 others. We submitted my final offer and should hear something today or tomorrow. I doubt if I'll get it so I don't have my hopes up. Oh well.

pray for peace in this matter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Thank you for your prayers, cap. Turns out the first buyer wasn't qualified for what they offered so they're out. The seller countered my and I countered the counter. Hopefully I'll find out something tonight or early tomorrow. o. m. g.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:twirl: Great googley moogley they accepted our counter! :twirl:

I'll be signing papers today to begin the 7 day contract period. Thank you for your prayers, cap! God is great!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:22 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
:twirl: Great googley moogley they accepted our counter! :twirl:

I'll be signing papers today to begin the 7 day contract period. Thank you for your prayers, cap! God is great!

:twirl:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:18 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

When's the housewarming party?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:40 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:

2 weeks after I move in, but you have to bring your own pool table.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:58 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

2 weeks after I move in, but you have to bring your own pool table.

I'm gonna need to borrow your truck.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So the 7 day contract period started Friday. There was an inspection performed a week or so before I viewed it and my realtor thinks buying another one isn't necessary. There are a few repairs needed on the home and I had it written into the contract that the repairs must be completed before close. They were already working on the repairs so it's all good. Probably Tuesday we'll end the contract period early and go straight to PENDING. At that time I'll order the survey and appraisal. Hopefully the house will be appraised for at least what we agreed to buy it at.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The finance lady that Beary steered me toward locked my into a rate that I'm not too thrilled about, but given my credit score I probably can't get anything better. Still, we filled out an application with our credit union over the weekend to see what they could do. Hopefully we'll hear back from them today. I want to have all my ducks in a row when the contract period is over.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:05 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We are officially pending.

I talked to the credit union girl yesterday and she gave me an 1/8 percent better rate. Eh. She told me that Monday's rates are usually the highest all week so she's supposed to call me back today to tell me if they've gone down. We also talked about buying points, something the other girl kinda poo pooed on when I spoke to her about it. I'll get the best offers today from the CU and Beary's girl and make a decision tonight. I have a feeling we'll be going with our CU so I'm guaranteed and awkward phone call in the near future.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:37 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My credit union and independent lender are both telling they'll beat any offer. I had my CU send me their best and I forwarded it on to the independent. If she can do better Imma throw hers in front of the CU and ask "now what"?

The independent seemed a little upset when I told her I was shopping, but whatever. I'm the one signing the 30 year note.

The fake jub had more good news for me yesterday: Turns out there is a recent survey on the property already. He has submitted that to the title company and we'll give it to whichever lender I choose. Saved another couple a hundred bucks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:47 am 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
My credit union and independent lender are both telling they'll beat any offer. I had my CU send me their best and I forwarded it on to the independent. If she can do better Imma throw hers in front of the CU and ask "now what"?

The independent seemed a little upset when I told her I was shopping, but whatever. I'm the one signing the 30 year note.

The fake jub had more good news for me yesterday: Turns out there is a recent survey on the property already. He has submitted that to the title company and we'll give it to whichever lender I choose. Saved another couple a hundred bucks!

The Christian God is good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:51 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

:babyarm: All praise unto Him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:55 am 
I'm a tool.

or somesuch wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

Damn right, Bob. He is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Really random observation: I discovered over the weekend that I have a half dozen or so common friends with the fake Jub real estate guy on Facebook, including my brother.

Congrats on the house, Gam. Glad you found something quick. We looked at over 100 houses over a six week period and saw some real shitboxes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:56 am 
I'm a tool.

Sounds like the Fake Jub real estate guy needs to do a better job of not showing shit houses.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:01 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It's Tarrant County. Whaddya want?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Really random observation: I discovered over the weekend that I have a half dozen or so common friends with the fake Jub real estate guy on Facebook, including my brother.

Congrats on the house, Gam. Glad you found something quick. We looked at over 100 houses over a six week period and saw some real shitboxes.

I had the luxury of looking in area that only had about a dozen or so houses for sale in my price range, and half of those were under contract. The other half where shit. That I even found something still amazes me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So the dumb bitch at my credit union apparently doesn't like money. Every time I tried to contact her she wouldn't answer her phone or any voicemails I left. Very frustrating. I finally said "fuck it" and went with the original lender. Through the whole mess she came down quite a bit on closing fees so it wasn't a total waste of time.

The wifey and I have submitted all the required info to the lender and everything looks good. The only remaining hurdle is the appraisal. It's been ordered and we should have it no later than Monday. Hopefully the house is worth what we are willing to pay.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Appraisal wasn't turned in today. wtf, don't these people adhere to deadlines???

I woke nauseous this morning. I'm pretty sure it was due to stress over this bullshit. I just want it done.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:30 am 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
wtf, don't these people adhere to deadlines???

must be dem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:44 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

must be dem

Well, they are providing housing to the poor.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:01 am 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
cap wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

must be dem

Well, they are providing housing to the poor.

you work you deserve it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, son of a fuck. The lender's assistant called and said the appraisal came in a "little low". She said the lender and Jub are gonna do some juggling and also try to talk some sense into the appraiser. Fucker needs to look around the area and see if he can find something else cheaper.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You're just not meant to live in a house.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:dep: iknowrite.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Well, son of a fuck. The lender's assistant called and said the appraisal came in a "little low". She said the lender and Jub are gonna do some juggling and also try to talk some sense into the appraiser. Fucker needs to look around the area and see if he can find something else cheaper.

must be rep

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Turns out a "little low" is correct. Like right around a 2% difference. If I need to I can make that up but I'm hoping the lender and international real real will get it straightened out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:51 pm 

This is all on that sum' bitch Tim Beary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Originally we had negotiated for the seller to pay $2500 of the closing costs. The appraisal came in $3k less than the agreed price. So we took the $2500 and applied it to the price, making it final only $500 over. I'll pay all of the closing costs now, but I'll save around $1k overall. Fuckin' numbering is some complicated bullsh.

Anyway, we all agree on the terms. The amendment has been signed. My 20 day contract period is up and we are now officially in underwriting. The lender that I have been working with does their own underwriting. They've been verifying everything I've turned as we've gone along. Basically now they'll take a week or so to draw up the papers. It's all over but the crying at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:fist:

BTW, I'm busy on whatever day you move.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

WTF?!? DO YOU WANT TO SEE A BUBBLEBATH?!?!?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:20 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:08 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

omg!

"We have full loan approval and docs should go to title co today"

omg!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next