Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Sweet Greggo buys a house
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:32 am 
I'm a tool.

The Lord has blessed you. Give thanks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
omg!

"We have full loan approval and docs should go to title co today"

omg!

:fist: And just remember you'll be paying this shit off til you're about 75 or so.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
The Lord has blessed you. Give thanks

Yes, praise be unto Him. I've already set up an auto pay to send 10% of my gross earning to the church. I hear they need it for all of the pedo lawsuits.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
omg!

"We have full loan approval and docs should go to title co today"

omg!

:fist: And just remember you'll be paying this shit off til you're about 75 or so.

If all goes right it should only be about 20 years. Our plan is to retire and buy a place where the rest of my family lives, about 2 hours east of Dallas. Hopefully Euless won't pull a Detroit and we'll be able to sell for quite a bit more than what we paid. I'm counting on it to be enough to buy something outright. A little house with a couple of acres for me and Cookie to run around in. He's gonna love it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I think they call that place Tyler. You can hang out with Dr. Sagger.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:10 pm 
Site Admin

Gam, how long do you think dogs live for?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Gam, how long do you think dogs live for?

No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think Cookie can live to be 245, maybe 300.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:51 am 
I'm a tool.

all dogs go to heaven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:55 am 
Site Admin

Even the Muslim ones?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:14 am 
I'm a tool.

That's silly. Of course not

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:20 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Cookie is atheist, btw. When he dies I'll have him stuffed and keep him in our bed between me and the wifey. It's his favorite spot in the house.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Cookie is atheist

I'll pray for him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Cookie is atheist

I'll pray for him.

ooo thanks he'll appreciate that cos it's hard for him to keep his little paws together when he's kneeling.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:06 pm 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Cookie is atheist

I'll pray for him.

ooo thanks he'll appreciate that cos it's hard for him to keep his little paws together when he's kneeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN5Ype29zuM

Christian dog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:28 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Final walkthrough tomorrow at 2 and sign the papers at 3. :fist:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:49 am 
I'm a tool.

is somey or DE your underwriter?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

:notsure:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:56 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

What a day! Worked until 11:30 and had fried turkey for lunch. Met up with the wifey and went to the water dept to get the service at the new house transferred into our name. Ran to the bank to pick up the BIGGEST FRIKKIN CHECK I'LL EVER WRITE IN MY LIFE. Met the fake Jub at the house for the final walkthrough. Checked all faucets (water was off before) and appliances. Seller left behind the fridge, washer and dryer in addition to the patio furniture we asked for, but took the park bench and St Francois statue >:(. Once it was time we headed to the title office where we signed our life away. Went and picked up gammita, grabbed some burgers and had our first dinner in the new house. We're all pretty nervous and excited. I hadn't told any of my family that we were even shopping for a house so everyone was kinda surprised when I filled them in. All except my mother, who decided to use my phone call as an excuse to tell me what a shitty son I am. Maybe I'll tell her tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your help, esp de bop a doo ditty for steering me to such a beary nice realtor. Tim was super nice and super patient with us. I've already given his name to a coworker and I plan on passing his info around whenever I get the chance.

Welcome to Gamelot! No, that sounds stupid. Welcome to Gamelon! Fuck me, that sounds even worse. To hell with it, here's me and the fam in the new place.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:58 am 

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:05 am 
I'm a tool.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:34 am 
Site Admin

Trained Goucho wrote:
:babyarm:

big time

Prez, please move this thread to classics.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:09 am 

:twirl:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:13 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

How many rooms have you and the wife christened so far?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:fist:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So I bought a new refrigerator to match all the new appliances in the kitchen. A stainless steel 31 cubic foot french door monster. It was glorious. Beautiful. They had to take the doors off of the fridge AND my front door just to get it in the house. Wheeled it into the kitchen, hooked up the water... lined it up with it's resting place.... and the damn thing didn't fit. And I mean JUST barely. Like if there were about 3/8" more clearance it would have been okay. Mother fuck this is the smallest area for a fridge I have ever seen.

Of course all of the models (28 cu ft, 27, 26) are the same width. wtf. I assume they all have the same doors so that's good for them, but not for me. >:(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:06 pm 
I'm a tool.

you've gotten uppity since being a home owner.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:06 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
So I bought a new refrigerator to match all the new appliances in the kitchen. A stainless steel 31 cubic foot french door monster. It was glorious. Beautiful. They had to take the doors off of the fridge AND my front door just to get it in the house. Wheeled it into the kitchen, hooked up the water... lined it up with it's resting place.... and the damn thing didn't fit. And I mean JUST barely. Like if there were about 3/8" more clearance it would have been okay. Mother fuck this is the smallest area for a fridge I have ever seen.

Of course all of the models (28 cu ft, 27, 26) are the same width. wtf. I assume they all have the same doors so that's good for them, but not for me. >:(

Please provide updates on said refrigerator or if you had to exchange it due to size, the replacement.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:52 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

Please provide updates on said refrigerator or if you had to exchange it due to size, the replacement.

:mad:

Are you referring to my rant to Samsung on Facebook? Sweet Greggo is not a very happy camper at the moment. :mad:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:48 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'd like to hear more. We own a Samsung fridge and sometimes the ice maker is a jerk. We also have a Samsung dishwasher and that's a piece of shit, but it matches the other appliances so we'll stick with it. We like our Samsung oven/stove. They also make good phones.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:54 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

From Facebook, on the "Samsung Support" page:

Sweet Greggo: After 5 short years and half a dozen service calls, i am now the proud owner of a $3,200 paper weight. “Can’t be fixed” is what the Sears tech told me after replacing the mother board and condenser fan twice in this latest event of refrigerator outage. Apparently there is a wire that has “gone bad” inside the cabinet and it can’t be repaired. I find it incredible that such an engineering design even exists.

This refrigerator was bought from a Sears Outlet store in December of 2014. I bought the extended warranty THANKFULLY because it wasn’t just a month or two later that it first stopped working. After that, 2 or 3 times a year, it would just stop working for no apparent reason. No error code or anything. I would unplug it plug it back in to get it going, and it would run fine for another 5 or 6 months.

About 6 months ago it stopped working again, this time with the 23E error code. I had someone replace the motherboard and condenser fan and it ran fine for 4 months before it stopped working again with the same error. This time replacing the board and fan didn’t work and won’t work, according to Sears.

My frustration with this entire ordeal is at an all time high. I am beside myself with the thought of having to replace such an expensive appliance after only 5 years, and of course it’s right before the holiday season.

I hope Sears is wrong, but the only way to find out is to keep paying people to come out and look at it (not to mention me having to take off work every time as well).

Do I have any options?

Samsung Support: Hi, Sweet Greggo! Thanks for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to see that you've been through this event with your fridge, and I'd like to see what I can do for you. Please send me a private message with the model and the serial number of your unit so I can help you further. ^Rafael http://m.me/samsungsupport

Sweet Greggo: Samsung Support I had someone from my local Samsung Care look at the fridge. Cost me $100 for him to tell me the same thing the Sears guy did: the fridge cannot be repaired.
I am in complete shock that something so expensive is built in such a manner that a $.50 wire cannot be replaced to fix it.
Since I purchased this refrigerator, I have spent an additional $1000 in extended warranties and repairs. All for what? I’m now looking at having to spend additional thousands to replace it! All because it was purposefully designed NOT to be fixed? What is the reasoning behind designing it this way?
I’m at a loss here. I’m still having trouble coming to terms that I have spent so much money on something that lasted only a few short years when it should have lasted for the rest of my life. I’d like to give Samsung the benefit of the doubt and see if there are any options for me. Do I have any?

Samsung Support: Hi, Sweet Greggo! Thanks for getting back to us! We completely understand your situation, and we do apologize this happened to the unit. I'd love to have another way to help you, but as the unit was deemed unrepairable by the technician, there is nothing else we can offer. ^Jon

Sweet Greggo: Samsung Support Thats a disappointing and unacceptable response.
There is obviously a serious design flaw with this refrigerator. Wires running from a motherboard to other components should have better shielding and be ACCESSIBLE to allow for repairs. Literally a couple of dollars of bad wire has rendered a $3200 refrigerator completely useless. To make something designed to fail like this is inexcusable and flies in the face of good faith with consumers.
I have read online that many others have had similar experiences. I will be contacting them and also the Better Business Bureau to see if there are any options for me to make this right.

Samsung Support: Sweet Greggo We understand that customers typically post about their experiences with products when they are unhappy, however, this is usually an inaccurate representation of the overall quality of our products. Again we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Let us know if you have any other technical questions. ^Jon

Sweet Greggo: Samsung Support Jon, the overall experience of everyone else is the furthest thing from my mind. What's on my mind right now is the amount of money I have lost and Samsung's seemingly dismissive attitude about my situation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:59 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

After the Samsung technician told me a wire inside the cabinet was bad, I asked 2 things:

1) How does a wire just "go bad"? His response: "Well, sometimes roaches or mice can chew through the wires". I said "If a mouse can get to the wire, why can't you?" He had no answer. I also pointed out that I do not have such vermin in my house, and if I did there would be mouse or roach shit behind my refrigerator. He didn't have a response for that either.

2) If a $2 wire "going bad" could render a $3,200 refrigerator useless, why was it designed so that the wire couldn't be replaced? He shrugged.

I called the support number immediately after he left and let the person that had the misfortune of taking my call have it. They are going to send another technician to look at it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:46 pm 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
After the Samsung technician told me a wire inside the cabinet was bad, I asked 2 things:

1) How does a wire just "go bad"? His response: "Well, sometimes roaches or mice can chew through the wires". I said "If a mouse can get to the wire, why can't you?" He had no answer. I also pointed out that I do not have such vermin in my house, and if I did there would be mouse or roach shit behind my refrigerator. He didn't have a response for that either.

2) If a $2 wire "going bad" could render a $3,200 refrigerator useless, why was it designed so that the wire couldn't be replaced? He shrugged.

I called the support number immediately after he left and let the person that had the misfortune of taking my call have it. They are going to send another technician to look at it.

end users ask the dumbest questions. i would have said, 'does my name tag say lead engineer? no.'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The in-laws had a similar problem with their fridge. I'm not sure of the brand, but it went kaput after about 3 years. The warranty covered two things: jack and shit. They had no choice but to replace it. They'll still bitch about it if you ask.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:52 pm 

Fire a few rounds into the darned thing and blame it on your neighbor.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:07 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

When we needed to buy a new refrigerator several years ago, I asked a friend that was selling appliance part time for advice on a brand and his only recommendation was to not buy Samsung or LG. He said you can't miss by going with the legacy brands like Whirlpool or Frigidaire or Kitchen Aide. I had to have a warranty repair on mine one time and the tech said something like, "thank God you don't have a Samsung."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:29 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Samsung definitely wasn't my first choice. The first one I bought (that didn't fit) was a Kenmore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7