Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pet Talk
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

And take away jobs from American dogs?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:05 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I recognize that my family may go overboard with allowing our dogs to chill with us on the furniture and in bed but I don't get why someone would want to buy a dog and then make it stay outside day and night. If its for security, install some cameras and alarm system and monitor it from your phone. Sound too expensive? How much is your security worth? Just don't get a dog and make him stay outside 24/7 under the guise of "watch dog". There are more efficient ways to monitor your house without having to make a dog sit out in the heat and cold. Rant over!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:14 am 
Site Admin

:babyarm: At first I sided with his wife, because lapdogs are stupid, but after further consideration, it's better than a dog that you don't even see.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:15 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:babyarm: :babyarm:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:35 am 
I'm a tool.

TerdFerguson wrote:
I recognize that my family may go overboard with allowing our dogs to chill with us on the furniture and in bed but I don't get why someone would want to buy a dog and then make it stay outside day and night. If its for security, install some cameras and alarm system and monitor it from your phone. Sound too expensive? How much is your security worth? Just don't get a dog and make him stay outside 24/7 under the guise of "watch dog". There are more efficient ways to monitor your house without having to make a dog sit out in the heat and cold. Rant over!

you ain't a real mexican, are you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:46 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The only exception to the outside dog rule is if you're in the country. My dad has always had dogs and cats but he's only allowed one dog to stay inside. The rest have been outside but there's no fence so it's not like they're cooped up in a back yard.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:36 am 
Site Admin

I bet those other dogs hated that dog. Probably called him house dog and stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

She didn't care, she was a stuck up little bitch. Her name was even "CD". Stood for "Country Dog". Tell me that ain't smug.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've mentioned my in-laws' retarded dog before. He died last night. Don't shed any tears, as this was one dumb, annoying dog. When we got to their place for the holiday dinner, my brother-in-law had him bundled up on the kitchen floor and ready to take to the car for a trip to the emergency vet. The dog was 12 years old and the day before started puking up puddles of throw up and shitting all over the place outside. My brother-in-law, who is only slightly smarter than that dumb fucking dog, spent most of the day at the vet, missed dinner, and complained when he got home about an $1100 vet bill. For a 38-year-old who still lives at home with his parents, that's what we call "not affordable". Anyway, his liver and kidneys were shot due to some antibiotics he received for ear mites, so maybe he won't have to pay if whoever prescribed that owns up to the fact that he fucked up. Whatever, they got the call in the middle of the night that he'd gotten worse and it was time to come down and put him out of his misery. Haven't heard any news other than he's gone. It does suck that a good puppy dog had to suffer, but this was one serious blockhead of an animal and I'm glad I won't have to take care of him or slip in one of his pools of drool again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:29 am 

Early yesterday morning on Chloe's walk, I could see there were a lot of flashing red & blue police lights strobe bouncing off the fronts of houses. Sensing a violent crime in the air, we picked up the pace. When we reached the block where the action was there was yellow crime scene tape strung about and two streets shut down. I saw about 6 cop cars.There were also news vans present. Turns out a would be detached garage burglar was confronted Bronson-style by the homeowner who commenced to shooting the thieving bastard all to hell 3 times. Reports stated that when police arrived they followed a trail of blood before finding the assailant. The perp is now in stable condition at JPS. (FW's Parkland) I wonder how this will change the homeowner's status on his street. If he was my neighbor, I'd prolly give him a wink followed with a finger pistol next time I saw him. I bet his wife is pissed. This could dampen their Christmas. Chloe and I don't normally walk directly on their street but we sure did this morning. I looked but saw no remnants of blood trails. Luckily, her visits with the captain were over but if she'd pooped in that dude's yard you can bet your sweet ass I'd've legit picked up every morsel of that feces.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

If you didn't pick it up, he would make you do this:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Just after Thanksgiving, right after the moron dog died, our cat started horking everywhere. We took away her food hoping it was just a stomach bug and it'd pass without anything new the feed on. While she did better, the puking continued so I took her to vet yesterday. She was fine and they gave her a shot to help with nausea. They said they could do blood work and x-ray her for a more thorough exam, but I know that shit is expensive so I decided to hold off. Now it's 24 hours later, she isn't eating or drinking anything, and she's being reclusive. I guess I'll take her back tomorrow. This is about to cost me a lot of money. :mad:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:22 pm 
I'm a tool.

cats ain't worth that money

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

How old is the cat? Most of the time they magically fix themselves. If he doesn't, it's just a cat. I like em an all, but a cat's a cat.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mallard X wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Just after Thanksgiving, right after the moron dog died, our cat started horking everywhere. We took away her food hoping it was just a stomach bug and it'd pass without anything new the feed on. While she did better, the puking continued so I took her to vet yesterday. She was fine and they gave her a shot to help with nausea. They said they could do blood work and x-ray her for a more thorough exam, but I know that shit is expensive so I decided to hold off. Now it's 24 hours later, she isn't eating or drinking anything, and she's being reclusive. I guess I'll take her back tomorrow. This is about to cost me a lot of money. :mad:

Hopefully, it's just hairballs that is causing the problems. Put a dab of vegetable oil on her nose/paw/food and that should help her pass the hairball digestively, instead of choking it up.

Cats>Dogs

:babyarm:/:fistbump:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
How old is the cat? Most of the time they magically fix themselves. If he doesn't, it's just a cat. I like em an all, but a cat's a cat.

This cat is only 2. I hope for the magic stuff, but she's normally really social--like greet me at the door like a dog kinda social--and now she's all meh.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Cats have a decent lifespan, as evident by Mal's 18 year old. Seeing that yours is only 2 it's definitely worth investing a few bucks. He'll probably be around long enough to ignore your grandkids if he stays healthy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:22 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
He'll probably be around long enough to ignore your grandkids

:D

I like cats. Never had one though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
This cat is only 2. I hope for the magic stuff, but she's normally really social--like greet me at the door like a dog kinda social--and now she's all meh.

Mrs. Ich turned out to be the same way... :neutral:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Kittycat came from upstairs to greet me when I got home. I gave her a small treat and she ate it, but turned her nose to her bowl of food. I thought maybe she'd lost her taste for that stuff since it made her sick, so we went out and bought a different kind for her. Brought it home and she immediately started throwing down on it. Not saying she's all better, but unless she horks it all up overnight, there's no vet trip planned for the morning.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:pussy: :babyarm:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:16 pm 
I'm a tool.

Mallard X wrote:
Mallard X wrote:
Cats>Dogs

OMFG! Received a call from my son's buddy saying that he is not in a position to care for his good puppy dog, Tyson, a two year old pit bull. Known him from a pup and sweeter, smarter dog I've never known. Never had a dog before, but we are going to adopt him. As Jub said, pit bulls are like an alligator in a canine body...he is intimating as hell. One solid mass of muscle with a T Rex head. But, in reality, he just a big baby. Going to have to get him neutered though. Keep thinking about Cousin Eddie's remark, "Clark, it's just better to let him finish". Wish us luck with all of this. God/Dog bless, M

Pic to follow.

if you don't have small children, a strong gate, and plenty of home insurance, you should be fine.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:fist:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mallard X wrote:
Mallard X wrote:
Mallard X wrote:
Cats>Dogs

OMFG! Received a call from my son's buddy saying that he is not in a position to care for his good puppy dog, Tyson, a two year old pit bull. Known him from a pup and sweeter, smarter dog I've never known. Never had a dog before, but we are going to adopt him. As Jub said, pit bulls are like an alligator in a canine body...he is intimating as hell. One solid mass of muscle with a T Rex head. But, in reality, he just a big baby. Going to have to get him neutered though. Keep thinking about Cousin Eddie's remark, "Clark, it's just better to let him finish". Wish us luck with all of this. God/Dog bless, M

Pic to follow.

Guys, meet Tyson. Tyson, the boys.

Took him to the local dog park. Stood over a poodle and urinated on it. Anyone know Cesar Milan's phone number?

That's a fine looking puppy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:40 am 

Please hold out a good thought for the good sweet puppy, Chloe. We've only had her a year, but she has taken a firm grip on goucho's heart. She got sick last Tuesday with vomiting. Last Wednesday at the vet, her x-rays revealed no obstructions and her vitals were normal. I left with some special food and meds and I figured she'd rebound quickly. She did not. Things got worse towards the end of the week. Saturday we had to take her to the animal hospital at Greenville and Forest where she was diagnosed with pneumonia. She was there all day. As a quick aside, when we picked Chloe up that evening and were waiting in the lobby a distraught woman entered cradling a Boston Terrier. The lady was wearing a long sun dress that had horizontal blue and white stripes, like an ad straight outta Woolite, and was not wearing a bra. Her breasts were barely harnessed. They were plump, and even though she was in my age demo and her breastuses were spotted with freckles from years of sunbathing, they were still quite captivating. Had it not been for the wife, I would have gladly offered some full frontal hug therapy. Turns out her dog was the victim of an attack by a black lab and had puncture wounds on its head and neck. Good thing it wasn't Hank who was led out a short time later. Anywho, Chloe was tripping balls from all the drugs and peed the floor when she greeted us. I signed the receipt. Holy shitballs, it was expensive. Yesterday, when it seemed like Chloe was declining again in the evening hours, the wife and I had an unpleasant discussion about the harsh financial reality that she is super close to the end of her treatment budget. I took her back to the vet this morning. She'll be there today. This could be it for her. I sure hope it isn't. I lost my composure for a minute at the end of the convo with the vet. It was embarrassing. what can I say, I love that little bitch. Sure hope she pulls through.
:fist: , Chloe.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:22 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Stay hard, Chloe.

Did you feel guilty when she pissed the floor? You shouldn't because most vets got a guy there whose main job is to mop up after dogs who piss all over the place. It's just part of their regular day and it probably doesn't bother them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:06 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
Stay hard, Chloe.

Did you feel guilty when she pissed the floor? You shouldn't because most vets got a guy there whose main job is to mop up after dogs who piss all over the place. It's just part of their regular day and it probably doesn't bother them.

I nearly pissed the floor myself over the bill. Vet bills are insane.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Stay hard, Chloe.

I nearly pissed the floor myself over the bill. Vet bills are insane.

They're insane until you realize what it would cost to perform the same work and tests on a person. Multiply it by 20 to see how much it would cost to get your wife a parvo shot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Don't get me started on her ringworm.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've done that many times but she always wakes up again in the morning.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:53 pm 
I'm a tool.

y'all ever get stuck and need a garden hose to seperate you's

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:19 pm 

RIP Chloe. Spring 2013-April 21, 2014

:stress:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Damn, today is not a good day for the loved ones of forum members. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:40 pm 

:sad:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:

:(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:

I don't think I know Jason. Looking at his friends list I assume he's from GIML I guess he sent me a request a while back but I'll be damned if I remember when. All that being said I can't imagine what he's going through right now. I gave gammita an extra big hug last night. :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:43 pm 
Site Admin

Trained Goucho wrote:

:(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

I don't think I know Jason. Looking at his friends list I assume he's from GIML I guess he sent me a request a while back but I'll be damned if I remember when. All that being said I can't imagine what he's going through right now. I gave gammita an extra big hug last night. :(

Spam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ah, okay.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:18 am 

I got 2 new pups in the past week. Both girls. Hank is like wtf, man. One is a terrier mix, a dead ringer for the gone way too soon Chloe. She is estimated to be 1 year old. Found her on PetFinder at the Arlington pound. She's starting to really flourish and show some spunk. The other one is a Catahoula, which is fun to say in Beavis voice. She's stunning. Found her at the Garland pound. eck. She is buck wild, like Hank in his prime. Good to have new puppy life, but it is a drain the first couple of weeks getting them integrated. Just before crating them this morning, the terrier mounted the Catahoula for some girl on girl humping before they wrestled one last time. I set the radio to 101.1 for some soothing classical music. Music calms the savage beast, as Bugs Bunny used to say.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:28 am 

here is a huge pic. L to R: hattie, lucy

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:40 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So the new trend now is to assign names to an animal while they are still at the pound/pet-gettin' place. Do you just keep the assigned name or do you come up with your own? I only ask because Lucy seems to be a popular dog name these days. Kinda like when all the girls were suddenly named Brittany and Ashley.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next