Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pet Talk
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:53 am 

Lucy was already named and it seemed to suit her well enough. Hattie was 22522598 so I named her. I like names for dogs that end in y or ie. Hank was Tank at the pound.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:54 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
So the new trend now is to assign names to an animal while they are still at the pound/pet-gettin' place. Do you just keep the assigned name or do you come up with your own? I only ask because Lucy seems to be a popular dog name these days. Kinda like when all the girls were suddenly named Brittany and Ashley.

I don't know if the names are the animal's original or not. No fucking way my dog was going to keep the name "Cowboy" though. Might as well have him wearing a pink n purple bandanna or some shit.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:54 am 

You should see some of the blood thirsty pits at the dallas pound off Westmoreland and 30. Chewed up ears included. Easy there, big fella.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:12 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Saw what appeared to be a beautiful spotted blue pit pup at the park this past weekend. Turned out she was actually 2 years old. She was a "pithuahua", half pit and half chihuahua. Looked like a pit but about the same size as my dog and 5 pounds heavier, all muscle. Now I'm not a pit guy but for a few minutes I was thinking of how I could distract this guy and steal his dog. She was gorgeous.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:20 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That sounds like a piranha on steroids.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:25 pm 

Have you ever seen an episode of River Monsters? Ohmygosh, there's gobs of fish like what you just described on that show. The host seems like a cool dude to throw back some icy cold suds with and talk angling.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:
So the new trend now is to assign names to an animal while they are still at the pound/pet-gettin' place. Do you just keep the assigned name or do you come up with your own? I only ask because Lucy seems to be a popular dog name these days. Kinda like when all the girls were suddenly named Brittany and Ashley.

We changed the name of our dog when we got her. That was 5 years ago though. We may be looking at getting another one soon, but I think I said that way back on page 2 and we still haven't done anything about it.

I think my dog has cataracts in one of her eyes. Fucking bullshit. Why can't dogs be intelligently designed like humans?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 1:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
Have you ever seen an episode of River Monsters? Ohmygosh, there's gobs of fish like what you just described on that show. The host seems like a cool dude to throw back some icy cold suds with and talk angling.

That sounds like a cool show, but snakes scare the bejeebers outta me so I have avoided it like so much things that need avoiding.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

or somesuch wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

We changed the name of our dog when we got her. That was 5 years ago though. We may be looking at getting another one soon, but I think I said that way back on page 2 and we still haven't done anything about it.

I think my dog has cataracts in one of her eyes. Fucking bullshit. Why can't dogs be intelligently designed like humans?

tell Daph what's up for me, are all the ewok dogs gone?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:21 am 
Site Admin

Got a new dog about 6 months ago. She has anxiety. She eats the grass in the backyard and gets her face all muddy. I know dogs eat grass when they're ill, but she's not. She's just dumb. I'm taking her to the vet to get her some medication for this tomorrow and if it's too expensive, I'm just going to have them put her down. Not really on that last part.

She's a schneagle, by the way. My wife wanted a lap dog to replace her pet ewoks that went to be with Jesus a couple of years ago and I wanted a 2nd boxer. We compromised.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:42 am 

Around 3 when it was storming i heard little terrier nails clicking on the hardwoods. That little bitch will go to a carpeted room and pee so I got up and turned off the alarm and opened the back door. It was pouring down rain and she gave me an eff that look so we went back to bed. At 3:30 she did the same thing. Hank got up too thinking it was breakfast time, about the only time he shows signs of life these days. I leashed her up and went out the front. Hank's hips gave out on the front porch steps and he fell over in a puddle. He got up and did his business at least while I walked the front lawn in the rain in my panties and flip flops while she did nothing except act like the rain was melting her. I could hear banshee screams of dog 3 in the crate while I was ambling around. Pissed me off. When I came back in hank charged to his dining area and played deaf and dumb. I threw both of em in the room with me and opened the crate door for dog 3 to shut her up. I shut the door so they couldn't roam the house. The wife is out of town, btw. I went back to sleep and when I woke up @ 5:30 and went to relieve myself there was dog shit all over the bathroom tiles and a giant pee puddle on the rug outside the shower. Fucking dogs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:33 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Demon Dog used to not like to go out back when it was raining, either. She'd go out front and get soaked all to shit doing her business, but she at least had the sense to come right back in when she was done. Before I learned this, it was raining one night and she kept going to the back door. I'd open it but she wouldn't go. Eventually, I saw her down the hallway pinching one off on the carpet. (This was also our brand new house, years and years ago, pre-forum.) I tried to chase her out back, but she was done. At least the poop was solid. I got the scoop from the cat box and picked it up, went out back, and flung it over our fence onto the neighboring driveway. It was a new neighborhood and the house next door was still being built, so no one cared. We also took her for a walk once and decided to check out one of the houses still being built. Do you like to do that? I do. This was one with just the frame built, so we walked right in. She even followed us up the stairs, and when she got there she took a fat dump on the freshly constructed particle board floor. We left it there because we didn't have anything to pick it up with and we figured the Mexicans wouldn't mind. Dogs be little shittin' machines, I tells ya.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:40 am 
Site Admin

My boxer won't go out in the rain either, but she has a freakish ability to hold it. One time, we were spending one night out somewhere (wedding downtown maybe) and we didn't want to board her or leave her outside, so we put those potty pads down all around the house to let her know it was ok. They have some kind of scent that makes dogs piss on them, even though our old dogs - who are no longer with us - got just enough of a whiff of the scent to make them go, but never made it to the pad or never gave a shit (mind you, we had to lay these things down every night for these idiots). Anywho, we came back the next morning and she had held it in all night. We're talking 20 hours or so.

Yes, I love walking into homes being built. There's one right across the street from us that I may go check out next weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Doggies will eat grass when they're ill, feel like the need to add it to their diet, or just because.

We got a crate for Carl a couple of weeks ago. She got into the habit of clawing the EVER HOLY LOVING FUCK out of the french doors when we weren't home. I'll try to repaint them when we move but I may just have to buy new ones. Fucking dog. Anyway I was awoken around 4 this morning to her going all Sybil in the crate because of the lighting. I patted the top to let her know it's okay and went back to sleep on the couch. When it was time to get up, of course her and Cookie wouldn't go outside. I put their food out and got into the shower. When I was done Carl had eaten but not Cookie. She was ready to go out then, rain be damned. Cookie wasn't but he only weighs 15 pounds so I shot putted him out after Carl.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:09 pm 

Came home to see this thread, which is good strong. My contribution:

My dog, a 12 year old female, is adjusting to being out in the country and is doing ok. My landlord lives next door and has an 18 month old male dog.

Today I came home from work, and my dog had muddy paw prints on her back. Uh-oh.

Yes, she is spayed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:29 am 

About once a week now we can expect Hank to loose a battle with the Captain and empty his bowels throughout the house. His hind quarters, ravaged by age and arthritis, no longer allow him to firmly plant himself in what used to be a rigid poop stance struck with muscular aplomb. Now he is reduced to kind of a butt drag, walk out the turds process that's gotta leave him generally demoralized with a constant bad-wipe feel. Anyhoo, this recent unfortunate downturn has activated a primal urge in the terrier and she has started peeing all up in and everywhere on the carpet in the boudoir. I have had to leash her up again for remedial training. I read an article about making a vinegar cocktail to deactivate these scents so I tried it. The house smells like a nursing home with a bunch of PAAS kits lying around now. Junior's story about his dog made me almost cry my eyes out this morning. What are y'all crying about today?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Carl has proven to be a difficult fit for our house. She just turned two and has entirely too much energy to be contained in such a small area. We've had her for about 9 months and I had hoped in that time she would learn to chill, but alas, no. My backyard doesn't stand a chance against her constant pacing and investigating. She pretty much stomped down most of the landscaping that we inherited (no biggie, but still) and is creating a path in the St. Augustine by walking it down to the dirt.

Inside she's done very well. We crated her during the day until a couple of weeks ago when she finally destroyed the crate door. She's chewed a couple of minor things but that was only when she didn't have access to a chew toy.

One issue she has is she loves to stand up to be petted. She will stayed down when told, but 1 second later will attempt to climb back up. In her eyes you can tell that she knows she's not supposed to do it, but she just does it anyway. I think she may have a bit of stupid in her.

Her and Cookie get along great. They are peas and carrots. I haven't seen Cookie trying to hump her or anything else lately. Maybe he's over it for now. He still loves her butthole though. Can't get enough. Every time they go outside it's the first thing he goes for. Mouth full of butt. He'd lick it for a solid hour if she let him. Sick fucko.

Anyway, after months of discussion (and arguing) the wifey and I decided the best thing for Carl is to get her back to my father in the country where she can run and roam until the cows come home. When we first got her, my stepmother told the wifey to bring her back if it didn't work out. So yesterday I call my father to let him know she's not really settling in, and without a beat he says "Take her to the pound." I told him we were pretty attached to her and I certainly didn't want to drop her somewhere and then spend the rest of my life wondering what happened to her, plus his WIFE told us she would be happy to have her back if we couldn't keep her. "Call her, then." he says. So later I do just that. "Put her on Craigslist" she says. :/

So I cut all the nice nice BS tone that I had been using and laid it to em straight: Carl is family now and I have no intention of abandoning her to strangers. If they didn't want her then I will keep her, backyard and marriage be damned. It ended with everyone saying they think about it and make a decision by the time they come down in a few weeks. Hopefully they come to their senses and take her back home.

Carl is an awesome dog and I love her to death. Her biggest fault is she wants to show TOO MUCH affection, so much that it gets a bit annoying. But how do you fault a doggie for loving you so much? :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:09 pm 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:

But how do you fault a doggie for loving you so much? :(

do you say that about your hand?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:06 pm 

I'd like to hear Carl's side of the story.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:35 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
I'd like to hear Carl's side of the story.

If I had to guess I image her statement would be something along the lines of: "Derp derp. Derp derp de derp. Derp." *snort *lick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:35 am 

Hank is nearly fully crippled as of today. I went ahead and made the big appointment for 7 tonight, and yes, the back and forth in my head is driving me nuts. It seems too soon in some respects, especially when he still gives you those dopey lab laughs even when he's falling over. He is 14 though and had a pretty kick ass life. Horrible to watch your good buddy just keep wasting away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Hank :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:20 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:cry:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:36 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:sad:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:41 pm 

:sad:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:05 pm 

:babyarm:

I hope Jesus has a ChuckIt.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:17 am 
I'm a tool.

All dogs go to heaven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:14 am 
Site Admin

My idiot dog is still eating grass even after getting her on anxiety medicine. I've gotten to the point where I have to go outside to watch her go to the bathroom, then let her in so she doesn't get bored or hungry, or whatever the fuck is making her eat grass. She's pretty much eaten a 50 sq ft area of grass in the backyard. I planted some grass seeds and laid soil on top to see if I can get some of it to grow back. Spent a fucking hour doing that. I let the dogs out this morning and let her back in and she has mud all around her fucking mouth. I'm trying to be nice because so many of you guys have had to send your dogs to Heaven lately, but I'm about to accidentally leave the gate open while she's outside and my other dog is inside.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:40 pm 
Site Admin

Is this Daphne?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

No. Daphne is the most wonderful, well behaved, smartest dog in the history of ever. She wouldn't run away, even if we did leave the gate open. It happened once and she came around to the front door. Zoey is the one with issues.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:54 pm 

1 of our terrier types is a digger. She gets filthy all the time and eats mud. Very aggravating, but dammit she's cute.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:15 pm 
I'm a tool.

:eek:

oh...that's a d

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:26 pm 

cap wrote:
:eek:

oh...that's a d

:D

We can always depend on you, Cap.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:37 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/ultimateoutdoorstv/videos/10155416607955647/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My boss has a shitload of cats at his house and a wife with a screw loose. One of the cats was 16 years old and heading toward that light. They were just waiting for the time with this one. They let theirs cats outdoors, but they just hang out in the fenced-in backyard and they're always indoors at night. So a few weeks ago, they wake up in the morning and there's blood spotting on their comforter on their bed. A little investigation found the old-ass cat with a couple of marks on it and a little blood coming from them. They dropped it off at the vet to get it checked on. He came in to work; his wife went back home. About an hour later, he gets a call at work. It's his wife. She relayed the info from the vet: the cat was bit by a snake while it was outside and it needs a blood transfusion STAT or it's gonna die. She freaked when they told her that. She couldn't handle this poor animal dying so she told them to do the fucking blood transfusion. On a 16-year-old cat. That's about $800, btw. They didn't have the money for it either. The cat came home but just laid around with no energy. It wouldn't eat. It just sat there. It transfusion worked, but it didn't make it any better. After 3-4 days, they took it back to the vet and had it put down. The vet didn't charge for the euthanization since they already got bilked $800 for a useless blood transfusion. The boss, fortunately, is a calm and patient man, and he did not beat the shit out of his wife over this whole thing. We should all be as strong as him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:33 pm 

My brother's lover (yes, my brother's lover is a gay) spent a crap ton of money on their 17 yr old cat a couple years ago that died a week later.

Snakes used to worry me when I'd take Hank on field trips back in the day. That was a dog drawn to water and we saw our fair share of snakes through the years. I had one confirmed kill that saved his ass from a big fat water moccasin once. Hank was just boop De boopty booing his way over to it like a dumb ass. You'd think animals would have some built in warning about stuff like snakes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm in favor of killing all snakes. I don't see the point of them and frankly they scare the shit out of me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:15 am 

Came home tonight and my dog was on her bed on the porch, badly injured. Maybe she was hit by a car, but I am not sure. Blood was everywhere, and one of her legs were mangled. Took her to the emergency hospital in Denton, was told it would be $2500 for amputation and all of the other stuff. Even then, she might not make it because she was 13 and had been hit by a car.

I came home with an "angel box" and a receipt that included euthanasia as one of the charges.

This was the best puppydog I have ever had. Please feel sorry for me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:33 am 

that's terrible news, hoob. I am very sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:02 am 
Site Admin

:(

Sorry hoob. Poor, sweet puppy dog. This thread sucks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:00 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:cry: Sorry hoob.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:( Sorry hoob. Good puppy dogs should never die.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next