Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: sweet greggo's do you need to get your teeth fixed blog
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:00 am 

Pack a bag of Oreos for a nice waiting room snack.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:54 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Headed to the dentist in an hour for my twice yearly check-up. I remember as a kid my mom telling me to take care of my teeth as you only get one set. It doesn't hurt that my oral hygeineist is hot.

My hygienist has big babyfeeders that end up on top of my head as she leans forward to attend my molars... I often wonder if she has figured out why I smile with my mouth open.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:21 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Am I the only one that thinks the hygienist would not mind it if while I'm laying there I massage her vagina through her scrubs? She's basically asking for it the way she tells me to open my mouth.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well boys, it's come to this.

All the top ones have to go. I have *one* good one left but there's no point in keeping it. Next month I get all the molars on the top yanked (everything behind the canines and the wisdom teeth along with their neighbors on the bottom. After healing they'll take an impression of the top for the denture. Once the denture is made They'll yank the rest. Looks like it's gonna be jello and oatmeal for a couple of months.

Surprisingly the bottom teeth aren't really bad except for the last two molars on each side. They need a good scrubbing and scaling though.

Go.
See.
Your.
Dentist.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That's too bad about your bottom teeth. Removable dentures on the top and bottom would give you the chance to make a lot of money on the street.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

These aren't lukewarm.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Holy crap.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That sucks to hear, but on the bright side, a liquid diet should help you slim down. You're gonna look like Oprah.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Dunno if anyone wants to get blown by "The Scraper" :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Now that I think of it, Imma need to make a reservation to Bob's before e-day. Probably will be the last steak I eat for a while.

(okay maybe TL&C)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

In your honor, we'll change the name of "Thinsgs I'm Currently Eating" to "Tell Gam What You're Currently Eating".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:33 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

"Thigns I'm currently blending"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Seriously, man, it sucks. I've been delaying going back to the dentist because I know I need some work on one tooth and it'll cost me $500 out of pocket due to a shitty dental plan. I think I need nut up and call them right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It does definitely suck. With my genetics I don't know how long I could have kept my teeth had I taken care of them, but it definitely would have been longer than this. I just hope I'm scaring you guys enough to take this shit seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Eases back in chair and puts feet up on desk -

Step father in-law is a dentist, I'm golden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:42 pm 
I'm a tool.

Y'all need to hurry to the dentist now. Obamacare will pay for it all. Until November, when it gets repealed by America.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:20 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Spent 2 1/2 hours in the chair yesterday getting the top molars yanked. One of them broke and they spent so much time digging out the roots they didn't have time to get the bottom four. What a weird sensation listening/feeling the dentist file down the bone in your head to make it smooth.

Go.
To.
The.
Dentist.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Round 2 today. My bottom wisdom and the molars next to them got yanked. They were infected which meant that no matter how much novacaine they shot in me I still felt a deep pain when they were twisting those suckers out. Fuck me I thought I was going to pass out at one point.

Also I had some sharp edge of bone left on top from the last visit, so they had to cut me open and file it down some more.

Also I got a deep cleaning on the teeth I get to keep. For now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:09 pm 

:scared:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:56 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm back at work today but I shouldn't be. I'm hopped up on goofballs (hydrocodone) and am definitely in a state of hoobee goobee. The pills aren't keeping the pain at bay either. The worst part that's bothering me is the top where they reopened the gum and filed down the bone. And when I say bothering me I mean every 5 minutes or so I get this deep dull throb in my orbital bone under my right eye that causes me to completely shut down for about 5 seconds until it passes. In between throbs it's just a dull bothersome pain that's making me miserable.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:06 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Teeth are overrated.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:28 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
I'm back at work today but I shouldn't be. I'm hopped up on goofballs (hydrocodone) and am definitely in a state of hoobee goobee. The pills aren't keeping the pain at bay either. The worst part that's bothering me is the top where they reopened the gum and filed down the bone. And when I say bothering me I mean every 5 minutes or so I get this deep dull throb in my orbital bone under my right eye that causes me to completely shut down for about 5 seconds until it passes. In between throbs it's just a dull bothersome pain that's making me miserable.

I would like to see what happens when you're going along at work and then fall into your narcoleptic state.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:28 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Teeth are overrated.

Esp. during a beej

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:29 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Looks like a I met my quota for the week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:25 pm 
Site Admin

For whatever reason, I have a new dentist in the same building. Don't understand it. The hygenist is the same, but the dentist changed. I had a tiny cavity, so I had to see her today and she rested her breasts on my forehead. She's not smoking hot, but she's doable (better than the last one), so I kept trying to slowly move my head north to get her breasts as close to my mouth as possible. It was only a tiny cavity, so I never made it high enough.

Greg, if it makes you feel any better, I have to go to the dentist quarterly or I would be in the same position as you. I may have to go to the periodontist in 10-15 years because I guess I've been using toothbrushes with hard bristles my whole life. What the fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
For whatever reason, I have a new dentist in the same building. Don't understand it. The hygenist is the same, but the dentist changed. I had a tiny cavity, so I had to see her today and she rested her breasts on my forehead. She's not smoking hot, but she's doable (better than the last one), so I kept trying to slowly move my head north to get her breasts as close to my mouth as possible. It was only a tiny cavity, so I never made it high enough.

Greg, if it makes you feel any better, I have to go to the dentist quarterly or I would be in the same position as you. I may have to go to the periodontist in 10-15 years because I guess I've been using toothbrushes with hard bristles my whole life. What the fuck.

From what I've read and had some dentists tell me, if I would have regular checkups I would still most likely have gum disease and eventually I would be going through my current situation. I just would have delayed it for 10, 15, maybe even 20 years. And it would have cost a shitload of money with root canals, crowns, bridges, etc. Not saying that I wouldn't have rathered go through all that and kept my choppers as long as possible. I should have taken better care of em.

And no, somey, it doesn't make me feel better that you may have potential perio problems. I don't wish this on anyone. I'm being open about all this because I hope it keeps a burr in your butt to keep getting those regular checkups.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:20 pm 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:

From what I've read and had some dentists tell me, if I would have regular checkups I would still most likely have gum disease and eventually I would be going through my current situation..

Wrong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:41 pm 

or somesuch wrote:

This forum may be old, but it still delivers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

^Something I wish Mrs. bigboy would say about me^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:22 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So Wednesday was the day. The last six teeth were yanked and I have a full upper denture. They gave me another 24 hydrocodone pills so I'm dealing with the pain pretty well.

I was super anxious going into this last stage. All of the teeth that had been extracted up to that point were molars, mostly unseen. But my front teeth are my identity, you know? I've had those crooked bastards all my life. To lose them was going to be like losing my eyebrows or something. Those teeth were in every picture of me. Whenever I smiled people used those teeth to recognize me just as much as my nose or eyes. The thought of having such an identifying feature being removed made for a couple of restless nights leading up to Wednesday.

I breathed in as much NOS as I could to calm down. It didn't help that it took more than the usual amount of novocaine (again!) to numb me up. They finally shot so much in me that my right eye went numb :p

My mouth has been pretty sore but it's getting better. I just ate soup yesterday but this morning I fought through a bowl of CTC. I actually chewed for the first time in months. It was quite satisfying.

My new choppers look great. They should, I picked them out. I didn't get really white teeth like some people do. That always looks ridiculous. I got em the same shape and color of the teeth I had. They look incredibly natural and I'm just a little giddy I actually have a smile with straight teeth now.

In the future I'll look into getting implants. When I first started going down this road I figured I would get the denture and then immediately look into getting implants. My mind is a bit at ease for the moment though. While not ideal, the denture is not as horrible as I thought it was going to be. Plus I've got a few other purchases I need to concentrate on. The implants can wait.

So boys, in conclusion, brushing your teeth isn't enough. Go to the dentist regularly and get regular maintainence on those choppers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 am 
Site Admin

Prez, please lock this thread and move to classics.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:28 am 
I'm a tool.

You'll have to FB him

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:19 pm 

I had a teeth cleaning scheduled for 8:30 today. I didn't get out of that bitch until 10. Dentist appointments suck. They make me feel vulnerable and nervous. This appointment dominated my thoughts all weekend. (I have a bridge they really put a hard sell on me to replace last visit) When I entered the office it was 8:28 and in the window of the receptionist station was a note that stated the office's appreciation for clients being on time and a notification that the office was in a "team meeting". Right away you feel like a chump. I also got kinda leery about seeing "team meeting" as this struck me as code for sales bs so I braced myself for dental upselling techniques as I watched a video loop of different oral diseases that was being played on their t.v. The office also had a Keurig in the waiting room too. It seems like a hygienist wouldn't want to encourage coffee right before they had to probe around in a mouf. They should bring that up in their next meeting. I went with the Donut Shop brand. Id've eaten some Cheetos too, had they been available, just out of spite. There's always a new hygienist when I go here. Today it was some chick named Lacie. Slutty, huh? Lacie had vaguely similar facial features to Christina Applegate. :razz: Unfortunately, her boobs were also much like Christina Applegate's :cry: so there wouldn't be any erotica to take my mind off the very unpleasant laser scraper thing they use to remove plaque. Lacie also wielded a wand-like camera thing to take unflattering portraits of my teeth and broadcast them over a monitor positioned next to my chair. I could see the concern on her face as she showed me different silver fillings that needed to be replaced, a wisdom tooth I should have removed, and the bridge of course. The dentist confirmed her fears. He also tried to buddy buddy me with Cowboy and weather talk. Fucker. The worst was when they called in a third chick who led me down a hall to go over their print outs of my tooth pictorials, their cost estimates, and a breakdown of their action plan. It was like being in a finance office at a dealership.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Was this Monarch?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:babyarm:
I need to go back to the dentist, but the same will happen to me. I need old fillings replaced, and since I don't floss regularly they'll have some special treatment for my gums they'll want to do. I have no problem with the work, but it costs about $500 per job out of pocket. Bullshit. It costs me one $20 office visit to keep all my meds up to date for a year, but dental doesn't cover shit. And yes, their push for getting all that work sounds more like pushing for the extra ClearCoat than for what's best for your mouth health. The Gammill Blender Diet sounds like it might be worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Baylor Dental College is cheap. Super cheap. AND you can still apply the costs towards your insurance deductibles. That's the pros.

The cons:

- Only one location in uptown (part of Baylor Hospital on Gaston)
- Your work is done by a student. Their instructors are actual doctors with years upon years of experience, but the person that will actually be rooting around in your mouth is a kid. The person giving you injections is a kid. The person trying to fit the plastic plate for the xray that cuts your gum in half is a kid. The person yanking your tooth will be a kid. You will need a certain level of patience and be prepared for having to watch this kid learn as he goes.
- Time. You will not get in and out in an hour. Everything the kid does has to be checked off by an instructor who usually has to be tracked down competed for by 4 or 5 kids at a time. This drags out the appointments to easily twice as long as they normally would. I'm lucky I have a job (IKNOWRIGHT)... I'm lucky I have a job that allows me to be gone for half a day sometimes and I can make up the hours during the week or on the weekend. Most people won't have to have near the number of appointments I've had but if you go just be prepared to stay a while.

I had a quote from Monarch for something like $6-7k to get my work done. Mind you, this quote was for MY out of pocket. It didn't include what they would also be billing my insurance company. I had all of my work done at the college for $1200. That's not apples to apples comparison, but it's close enough to make my point. The college is insanely cheap. I don't recommend them but I don't not recommend them. If money is a big issue though, they're worth checking out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:03 pm 

it isn't Monarch. Just some private office close to the house. Their breakdown for my out of pocket was in the $4200 range. The bridge part was half of that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

I got a 15K out of pocket estimate for some gum recession a couple of years back. I haven't been back and my teeth still feel firmly in there. Probably time to go ahead and get that 2nd opinion though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Damn, I went into the wrong business.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I really wanted to type in $16-17k, cos that's what I thought I remembered at first. It's been so long I was sure I was mistaken. After what somey said I'm really sure that's right though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Man, I used to think I didn't like my dentist but y'all got me thinking otherwise. He's never recommended any of that stuff. They just clean my teeth and take xrays every year or so.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
Man, I used to think I didn't like my dentist but y'all got me thinking otherwise. He's never recommended any of that stuff. They just clean my teeth and take xrays every year or so.

^has pretty teeth^

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next