Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: sweet greggo's do you need to get your teeth fixed blog
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Some of you long timers may recall a post I made (year one, I think) about a tooth of mine disintegrating one day. Well, I never really did anything about it. I haven't had a teeth cleaning in probably 18-19 years. No excuse, I just never went. I do brush every morning and every night, but that has been the extent of my dental care until today.

A couple of years ago I had to get a wisdom tooth extracted. At the time the dentist told me he wouldn't touch the rest of my teeth, not even clean them because they were in such bad shape. So finally I get to the surgeon today for a diagnosis. Receeding gums. Bone loss. Advanced tooth decay. Possible gum disease. Not good, folks. I've got a deep cleaning scheduled next month. I hear that's not much fun. After a few months they'll take another look to see if the deep cleaning helped stop the bone loss. If it does, they can start the root canals on about half the teeth in my head. Otherwise they'll get yanked. Pray for meh. :(

Post subject: Re: sweet greggo's do you need to get your teeth fixed blog
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:17 pm 

Sorry about that, my friend.

Me=same boat for the same reason someday.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Shit, it's been about 13 years since I been in for a cleaning. I don't like to go because they always give me shit about not flossing. Guess I should get in there before things get bad.

Godspeed, gam.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I've never been one to go to the doctor for anything, esp maintenance. Hell, it's been probably 8 years or so since I had a physical (something I REALLY need to get done, too). Not getting my teeth cleaned and checked fits my persona: If it doesn't hurt, or hurts just a little, don't worry about it. Well, for the last year or so just about ALL of my top teeth just started chipping away. There's no real warning when it happens, it just does. That's the fucked up thing about teeth, they rot from the inside out. You never know there is a problem until it is literally too late. Now I'm fukt.

So out of sight out of mind for me. I always knew my teeth were bad but since there aren't any warning signs I just never really thought about it. Needless to say, if you boys haven't been in a while, just suck it up and do it. It's a problem that will definitely not go away, and will ONLY get worse, never better on its own.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:27 pm 
Site Admin

I went about 7 years without going and I had to get a deep cleaning where they went into my gums and cleaned a bunch of shit out. It wasn't fun, but they also didn't tell me they wouldn't touch my teeth, so it probably wasn't as bad as yours. It's been about 9 months since I've been and I'm going to go ahead and call them. I floss every night unless I'm drunk.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I finally sucked it up and went last year for the first time in 8 years (which is stupid because I have damn good dental insurance). Other than having my teeth scraped and getting the flossing lecture, it wasn't all that bad. I went ahead and made another appointment while I was in, so I plan on keeping up with it from here on out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
I went about 7 years without going and I had to get a deep cleaning where they went into my gums and cleaned a bunch of shit out. It wasn't fun, but they also didn't tell me they wouldn't touch my teeth, so it probably wasn't as bad as yours. It's been about 9 months since I've been and I'm going to go ahead and call them. I floss every night unless I'm drunk.

That explains why certain people are won over by your smile.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The more I think it about it I believe it was your lips. My bad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Keep in mind as you yunguns get older you get more susceptible to this kinds of crap, too.

Side note: My appt was delayed almost an hour this morning. As I was waiting to get called, an 8 yr old girl showed up with her parents. She was crying and apparently had been up all night with a toothache. I was told that the doc was going to take her first to which of course I totally understood. Poor kiddo.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Damn, I've gone in for a cleaning just about every 6 months for my entire life. To tell the truth I only go so often because the receptionist at the dentist office and my dental hygienist are family friends and I have a hard time avoiding their calls or saying no. They even call my damn mother if I don't call them back.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Keep in mind as you yunguns get older you get more susceptible to this kinds of crap, too.

Side note: My appt was delayed almost an hour this morning. As I was waiting to get called, an 8 yr old girl showed up with her parents. She was crying and apparently had been up all night with a toothache. I was told that the doc was going to take her first to which of course I totally understood. Poor kiddo.

You should've gotten pissed at them, stormed out, and not returned for another 19 years.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
Damn, I've gone in for a cleaning just about every 6 months for my entire life. To tell the truth I only go so often because the receptionist at the dentist office and my dental hygienist are family friends and I have a hard time avoiding their calls or saying no. They even call my damn mother if I don't call them back.

You do have pretty teeth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

Now the doctor is another story, since I've gotten my allergies under control years ago I've been exactly once and that was when I thought I was having kidney problems. Turned out it was a pinched nerve from being a fatass with poor posture.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Good luck, Gam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:

True story - I went to the dentist every 6 months like clockwork when I lived at home. My dad paid the dentist with beer that he got free through his work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
fruitdog wrote:

True story - I went to the dentist every 6 months like clockwork when I lived at home. My dad paid the dentist with beer that he got free through his work.

Tell it again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It gets better every time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

You should've gotten pissed at them, stormed out, and not returned for another 19 years.

:D but :neutral: but :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I shit you not, after reading this thread, I called my dentist two days ago and got a cleaning and checkup today. It had been three years since my last visit. No cavities and the gums looked great. Hope everything works out for you Gammil.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm trying to scare you guys straight. Glad you went, Ted. :babyarm:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:babyarm: I got the number of a guy on my plan and I'm calling him tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:07 pm 

gettin old kinda sucks. Your tooth problem is scarey--so are those doctor check ups. My wife is real paranoid and made me go to get a mole checked out a couple months ago. Since I had just turned 39 they did the works, including the prostate finger in the butt check which is a sensation that can't be explained, only experienced.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:16 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Wait, you started with a mole and ended up with a finger up your butt? Someone played a trick on you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You've met trained gaucho. He's dreamy. You can't blame the doctor for wanting to put something in his bunghole.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
gettin old kinda sucks. Your tooth problem is scarey--so are those doctor check ups. My wife is real paranoid and made me go to get a mole checked out a couple months ago. Since I had just turned 39 they did the works, including the prostate finger in the butt check which is a sensation that can't be explained, only experienced.

:babyarm: kinda like role play rape.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:44 pm 

This thread just turned kickass.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So the first deep cleaning was scheduled today. Apparently they do one side of your mouf and wait a few days to do the other side to allow you to emotionally recover from the carnage. Not for me, though! The hygienist took one look at my teeth and said she wasn't doing the deep cleaning but she'll do a regular cleaning. I'll have to see a periodontist to take a look and see if there is any hope for meh poor teeth. Got an appt set up on the 30th.

Having my teeth cleaned was a helluva experience, though. I needed the max injections to get my lower jaw numbed up. I swear I was ready to hit that chick after the 3rd shot. I KNOW she was hitting the bone with that needle. :mad: The hygienist needed a jack hammer and a fire hose to get all of the tartar off of my teeth. Did you guys know teeth are white? Crazy!

My gums are in such bad shape that they bleed when you look at em funny. The hygienists hands looked like she had just performed an amputation when she was finished. Good thing she wore that splatter shield.

All in all I spent 2 1/2 hours at the dentist today. More to come. :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

*makes an appointment for real this time*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:51 pm 

did her boobs press against your arms or torso during the procedure?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
did her boobs press against your arms or torso during the procedure?

Yes, but she was 97 so I threw up a little when it happened. Stopped up the suction wand. It wasn't pretty.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

welp, I'm going to the dentist for the first time in over 10 years. *sigh*
I'm not looking forward to the longterm impact.
I already know there'll be all kinds of yanking and replacing going on.
I guess it finally scared me to think some kind of bad teef shit can affect your heart.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:10 pm 

I went last week. This blog scared me. quit mouf tobacco too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
I went last week. This blog scared me. quit mouf tobacco too.

what about sucking dick? have you quit that, yet?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:14 am 
Site Admin

babysteps

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Took the kids to the dentist.
Honestly, I don't remember :rolleyes: last time. Maybe his grandfather or mother took him? Who knows.
Anyway, cavities, cavities, cavities.
My goal now is to take them religiously every 6 months so they get used to going and to it themselves.
:rockon: wasn't as bad.

Just when I start to think I may be a decent parent...Arg.
:gun2:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Made an appointment to get my teeth examined on May 3rd. Pray for meh. :sad:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I never understood why the chick cleaning your teeth asks you questions that can't answer when your mouth is wide open with dental instruments in it. Why can't chicks learn it's ok for it to be quiet?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

due to years of having my head up my ass, I'm going to need some serious cleaning (scaling, I think they called it. Yuck. Sounds like some kind of sleestak shit. The "land of the lost" shit, not the spare who posted here years ago)
Then it's to oral surgery.
Then at least two root canals.
Then god knows what.

oh, yeh, goody goody, I gotta find a doctor to have a 40 year old check up up my ass, too.

Life's fucking grand.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:11 pm 
I'm a tool.

you said oral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
due to years of having my head up my ass, I'm going to need some serious cleaning (scaling, I think they called it. Yuck. Sounds like some kind of sleestak shit. The "land of the lost" shit, not the spare who posted here years ago)
Then god knows what.

oh, yeh, goody goody, I gotta find a doctor to have a 40 year old check up up my ass, too.

Life's fucking grand.

scaling = deep cleaning. Be lucky you're looking at only 2 RCs for now. I have a feeling when it's all said and done I'm gonna have more teeth yanked than are left behind. :sad:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Then god knows what.

Life's fucking grand.

scaling = deep cleaning. Be lucky you're looking at only 2 RCs for now. I have a feeling when it's all said and done I'm gonna have more teeth yanked than are left behind. :sad:

:sad:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I would say the shape my teeth are in is due not so much to my oral hygiene (brush 2wice a day, rarely floss though) but more to the fact that I didn't see a dentist for about 18 years.