Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hoob's review of the Big Joe Polka Show
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 pm 

On RFD TV on Saturdays and Wednesday is a music show of all polka music. Most of it is unintended comedy with bad playing, bad dancing and funny costumes by the musicians and dancers. Occasionally a good band will wander in, but most of the time, the opposite. Tonight's show is from 1989. The lineup:

1. Jay Jay Polka Lovers
2. Dave Salmans Polka
3. Norm Eddelbeck Orchestra
4. Frankie Yankovic
5. Ernie Kucera Orchestra.

Tonight's show was extremely bad and extremely good. I'll just talk about the good:

1. Frankie Yankovic. Frankie was known as the King of Polka before he died in 1998. No, he was not related to Weird Al. The best part of this clip is that Don Lipovac is playing accordion in Frankie's band during this time. Don is underrated and under-appreciated and is never really shown up close. Not once. The rest of Frankie's band is really good, too. Hoob enjoys all 3 songs that they do.

2. Ernie Kucera plays last. There are eight pieces in his band and the thing is horribly mixed and it ruins the whole thing. Ernie is the drummer and gets zero face time.

I don't like Polka but I like this dumb show.

Hoob.

Post subject: Re: Hoob's review of the Big Joe Polka Show
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It's the Polish side in me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:05 pm 

On Wednesday I caught part of another show and it was better. I only saw 3 bands:

1. Jerry Haisler and the Melody 5. This one was recorded in Round Top, Texas a couple of years ago. Texas polka seems to be much different than midwest polka. One funny thing about this band was this really old woman that played tenor sax and sang. She looked to be about 70. I looked up their website and they are a Chech polka band.

2. Alaskan Button Box Band. This band had about a dozen accordions in it, which was funny to see. They were pretty good.

3. Kevin Ruprect Band. This band had a woman playing a concertina and her husband played guitar and sang lead. They were pretty good, too.

I give this show a 6 out of 10.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:03 pm 

Another episode from 1989. Most was bad with a couple of exceptions.

First was the Bobby Allen Band, a poor man's Lawrence Welk. They played Waltz Across Texas. Had 7 pieces and they had a good sound.

Next were the Accordian Brothers. A 5 piece band. People dancing had "mall hair" like girls did in the 80s. One of the cameramen had acid wash jeans like I used to sell in the late eighties.

Someone called Erwin Suess and the Hoolerie Dutchmen was next. Five piece band including a 90 year old woman on the drums. Gus from Leave it to Beaver was on the dance floor. There was also a kid with a mullet dancing with his cute mom. I wonder what she looks like now.

Next were the Polka Nuts, a band whose CDs are advertised every week. They are a 4 piece band of family members. They have an accordian played by the dad, drums played by a girl that looked 13, keys played by a girl of about 15, and a hammered dulcimer played by a guy of about 18. The keys were on an old A-frame type rig like I used to use in 1985. The drums included something called roto-toms, which rock bands in the 80s used. A friend of mine used to use those and we made fun of him for it. On the last song the drummer whipped out a trombone and played it fairly well. Their segment was so full of win.

Then they closed with a band called Moostash Joe. Not sure why they show this band so much. They have a trumpet player with hair exactly like Cesar Romero's Joker character and looked about as gay. He dances around a lot. At one point he stutterstepped while playing. I really wanted to kick him in the nuts. They played something called the Pennsylvania Polka, which was the exact same tune as "Deep in the Heart of Texas."

This show advertises CDs from the Jim Busta band and Jim's gorgeous daughter Mollie B. They are really good but they rarely show this band. Mollie often plays numerous instruments during a show and often plays more than one at a time. She plays keys, trumpet, sax, and trombone.

There was also an ad for polka ringtones and it showed old people holding up cell phones. There is NO WAY that old people know how to buy and use ring tones. No way.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:12 pm 

Another 1989 show. Make it stop. Does Ernie Kucera have incriminating pictures of Big Joe?

There was another band on there (I'll leave their name out) that was one of the worst bands I've ever laid eyes on. They had an accordion, clarinet, trumpet, drums, and bass guitar. It was one of the most out of tune bands I've ever heard.

One more thing, there was one band with a grandmother drummer who was absolutely kick ass on the drum kit.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:03 pm 

Oh, boy, a 1989 show. The highlight was the Erie Shores Buttonbox Club, a band that had 6 accordions, a bass guitar and a drummer. Two of the accordion players were females. Oh, and the bass player was using a Steinberger bass guitar, cracking me up. These were the odd headless basses that rock bands in the 1980s used.

There was also one of the worst bands I've ever heard. They did a polka version of "Hello, Mary Lou," but did the singing parts like the fucking Statler Brothers did it when they ruined it.

There was another band that had several sour notes played.

It was a great show.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:57 pm 

jim jack wrote:
Oh, boy, a 1989 show. The highlight was the Erie Shores Buttonbox Club, a band that had 6 accordions, a bass guitar and a drummer. Two of the accordion players were females. Oh, and the bass player was using a Steinberger bass guitar, cracking me up. These were the odd headless basses that rock bands in the 1980s used.

There was also one of the worst bands I've ever heard. They did a polka version of "Hello, Mary Lou," but did the singing parts like the fucking Statler Brothers did it when they ruined it.

There was another band that had several sour notes played.

It was a great show.

Fuck RFD TV. They repeated this same exact show a month later.

It did give the wife and I a chance to laugh at the bad bands. Were they ever awful. The Erie Shores band was really wonderful, especially the accordion player who looked like Rosanne Rosanna Danna.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:36 pm 

Tonight was worse than normal. I watched a band called the Cletus Goblirsch band play. They had a tuba, sax, trumpet, drums, keys, and accordion. The horns were really out of tune.

There was also a guy in peach pants dancing.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:04 pm 

Today's show was from 1989 but it had a 2001 copyright on it at the end. The reason why I know this was from 1989 were all the women in stone wash jeans out dancing.

The highlight was the Polka Nuts. They had a keytar standing on stage but they never played it on TV. The other bands were really bad.

I saw an ad for something called the One-of-a-kind Horse Clock.

https://buyhorseclock.com/

Be careful when you type that one.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:17 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I know what I'm getting my step mother for xmas. Thanks, Hoob!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:17 pm 

Tonight they had something called Polkafest, which is an outdoor event that is held in Chisholm, Minnesota. The date stamp on Dishnet said it was from 2003, but Frankie Yankovic was on it and he died in 1998. Frankie mentioned being 75 during his performance, so this means it was a 1989 show.

This was a good show except for the first band, the Pillar Polkabration Band. Actually they started off really well, then fired off THREE FUCKING COUNTRY SONGS IN A ROW. Do you think the polka version of "Hey, Hey, Good Lookin'" would be good? It was awful and I woke Mrs. Hoob up laughing at them. I'd rather hear someone fart it out.

Next was Frankie Yankovic, who played "Let's Have a Party." This song is the polka version of "Old Time Rock and Roll," but Frankie does it very well. Frankie was an accordion player but he always had an accomplished accordion player in his band and I like his sound.

Next was Whoopee and the Dairyland Dutchmen. Their front man was the drummer, a guy named Norm Edelbeck. He had an odd style and besides that was left-handed. DishNet called this band Whoopee Norm. Eight! His band was really good.

Closing the show was Peter and Paul Wendinger, who I've never heard of. They were pretty good. The keyboard player had the funny A-frame keyboard stand that was common in the 1980s. Yes, I used to use one, too.

This was a good show. Sorry all of you guys missed it.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:01 pm 

More Polkafest from 1989.

Frankie Yankovic was first and wasn't his usual good self. He actually did the chicken dance followed by the Hokey Pokey.

Whoopie Norm and the Dairyland Dutchmen. Although they have 'dutchmen' in their name, there was a woman in his band playing tenor sax and clarinet.

Just Because, a band fronted by an accordion player with funny mirror sunglasses. The mixing was terrible and the accordion drowned out everybody else. The drums weren't mixed at all and couldn't be heard. Low point was them singing "You are My Sunshine."

Vernon Messimer, another accordion-fronted band played last. Was ok. There was a couple of about 55 that was really kicking it on the dance floor.

No mention of Big Joe at all. Dishnet called this show Polkafest.

Saw an ad for a Polkafest being filmed in Vegas in February. The Polkanuts are on the bill. I am interested.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:35 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv8hYOMzarE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:58 pm 

:D

Nasty Boys made me hurt from laughing so hard.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:54 pm 

Polkafest was on again and the stupid ass Pillar group was on again. They suck. The show isn't called Big Joe Polka Show any more. Did some research and learned that something really good has been done in by douchery.

Joe's company, Polka Cassettes of Nebraska and RFD-TV have been busy slinging lawsuits at each other over contractual garbage. This explains why RFD stopped showing newer shows last summer, and this also explains what is going on now.

Bummer. Hoob is sad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:13 pm 

Finally some new shows. After RFD and Big Joe parted ways, the decision was made to record some new shows. It is still called Polkafest, of course.

First I saw a group Peter and Paul. Not very good and out of tune some. Two trumpets that were mixed too loudly, a singing drummer, a tuba for bass, and a button box of some sort. All sorts of speed ups and slow downs by the drummer. Sounds like the band of dumbasses I just quit.

Next was Ray Stepp and the Melody Kings from Canada. 2 Tenor saxes (a woman was on one of them), accordion, banjo, electric bass guitar, drums. They were good. When I Googled this band the first site I saw was a page with the title of "Title of your page here." Oops.

The Little Bohemian Band from Oregon at a Polka Festival in Minnesota was next. Had a woman playing banjo, 2 accordions, and drums. The leader is a guy named Gene Sadowsky. A whippersnapper was on drums. Usually when old people play drums on these shows, they don't even know the basics. This kid could play. This band actually had a website.

The Polka Nuts were last, and I was really looking forward to this just to see if the girls still played and what they looked like. They made their mark in 1989 with the Dad playing accordion and his teenaged daughters playing keys and drums, and his son on hammered dulcimer. They had a unique sound. The daughters and the dad are still there, and the daughters are still cute. In the old days, the blode played keys on an A-frame keyboard stand like 80s hair bands (and Hoob) used. These days she uses a post stand like Hoob uses. The two songs they did on TV were simply country remakes with bad singing. They even played Ray Price's "For the Good Times." There is something unstable about a man and his daughter singing together the line, "Hold your warm and tender body close to mine."

There used to be a dancer on the Big Joe show called Polka Paul. Polka Paul has a website. It is infected with Malware.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:00 pm 

On Wednesday was a different show and it was a new one. I only caught the last 20 minutes. They had the Chmielewski Funtime Band, a band that has been playing for decades. They are on the 1989 Big Joe Shows. It was a large group with two accordions, tenor sax (played by a woman), drums, clarinet/trumpet, tamborine.

Last was the singing Slovenians. There was a trumpet, 2 accordions, a guitar, drums, and about a dozen people singing. It was like a choir and they couldn't all fit on the stage. They were dressed in some sort of costumes. Their first song was awful, the second was good. Both groups that I saw did a lot of singing in unison and that doesn't work for me.

Occasionally there are a few hots dancing on these shows but not today. They were all gray panthers. And I have yet to see a black on these shows and don't expect to.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:01 pm 

Tonight they showed the same show I saw on Wednesday. I'll just comment on what I missed last time.

Julie Lee and Her White Rose Band was first. I thought this was a polka show. She sang country crap. Julie looked to be about 45 and played tenor sax when she wasn't singing. Her band had the usual polka stuff including an accordion. She also used sequencing, which should be illegal in polka. It's funny to hear a piano introduction to a song and the person playing keys isn't playing.

Laverne and the Starlites were next. Laverne is at least 65, plays keys and sings, and made all of the annoying noises that men usually make at polka shows. Bands like this are why I watch this show. By Googling this band name I learned that Laverne owns and operates a travel agency in Minnesota. She is also a widow. Really funny dancing. Laverne was the winner of this show.

Next was the Rhythm Playboys. This band played all country at a Polka festival in Las Vegas. Screw them. They weren't good, either and should be playing at the Dusty Saddle club.

Next was the Chmielewski Funtime Band. Real polka. This band appears to be a family outfit. Age of the band looked to be 17 to 70. Really funny dancing here. At one point my wife said, "Is that guy running in place?"

A kickass time was had by Hoob.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:50 pm 

And now the polka time slot has changed over to something called the Mollie B. Polka Party. Mollie B. is Mollie Busta, whose dad, Jim Busta has a well-known polka band. She was seen on the Big Joe show playing damned near every instrument known to mankind and sometimes playing more than one at a time. She is good and she is purty. She stole the show and there are CDs and DVDs of her for sale. Polka people love her.

And now she hosts a polka show. I wanna see her playing, not just hosting.

By the way, I see that she has a romance with a polka guy named Ted Lange. When I Google pictures for that guy, I get photos of Ted Lange, who played your bartender Isaac on the Love Boat. Smooooch.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:35 pm 

Watched a show tonight and the formula is a good one. Pretty Mollie Busta introduces a band and they play 3 songs. Then she introduces another band and they play 3. Unlike the Polkafest that showed from January through May, all of it was actual polka and no fucking country music at all.

One of the problems with the Big Joe shows was the sound. Rarely was the sound on those shows mixed anything close to properly. It was common to hear whatever instruments were closest to the mics and that was it. I blame Big Joe's cheapness for that. All of the bands tonight were mixed perfectly. It ain't that hard to do and it's not that expensive, either.

Thumbs up to the Mollie B. polka party.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:00 pm 

Another Mollie B. Polka show. She is so beautiful and talented. RFD was so smart in having her host shows. There are shows where she actually plays but I keep missing them.

The Polka Nuts led off and they were much better than they were a few months ago when I saw them. This time they actually played polka music. The girl drummer played sax and trombone and didn't play drums at all on this show. She sang, too. I love the two girls on the polka nuts. Their sound was mixed terribly.

Mark Vihydahl band played next and they had an 11 year old drummer who was good. This band had a good sound and I liked them.

Next up was the Herman Dinges Polka Variety Band. It's been awhile since I've laughed this hard at a band. They were all old and very active on stage. There were two accordion players and one was some sort of granny that was an awesome player. She also jumped around a lot and did stuff that rock guitar players did like put a foot up on the monitors while shredding. I saw her dancing wildly during one of the later band's shows. Too bad she was 70 years old. The drummer was a gray-haired granny, too. Lots and lots of sour notes from this band and Hoob loved them. At one point it sounded like somebody was playing a kazoo.

The Kava's Polish band played next. An old guy sang in Polish. He played bass and had one of those curly guitar cords that people used in the 60s. This band was a bunch of family members who appeared to range from ages 20 to 80. All of the lyrics were in Polish. All three songs sounded EXACTLY the same. Same beat, same tempo, same key. Mollie danced during one song and she is taller than her boyfriend.

Gary's Ridgeland Dutchmen were last and the feature guy played a concertina, which is a type of squeezebox. He was a decent singer, too. They had a really good sound and they were my faves of the night other than Mollie.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I just can't get over the fact you watch this stuff. It reminds me of my grandfather watching wrestling back in the 70s. You may be one of 5 people in the entire metroplex that tunes in :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:20 pm 

I guess that bad music on TV cracks me up. Can't explain it. I would never actually BUY a polka CD or go to a show.

Back in the 80s I used to watch a show called the Shootin' Newton Theatre and it featured awful C&W bands along with crappy western movies. My friends used to make fun of me for watching it.

Loved it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:19 pm 

Tonight's show was a dandy. Mollie played with some band and was awesome. She played tenor sax, trumpet, keys, and sang. Not all at the same time, of course. She was wonderful. The sound was mixed perfectly.

One oddity of her band was the drummer. In most polka bands that are on TV, the drummer doesn't know how to play the drums. Seriously. They just hit the snare with both sticks and occasionally hit a symbol, pissing off old Hoob. Mollie's drummer actually played cross-handed and used the high hat like every drummer in every other fucking music style does. What a difference it makes.

I love her.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:30 pm 

Several bands were on tonight but the highlight was definitely the Jim Busta Band. His daughter Mollie played and she was wonderful. In the time I saw her she played keys, trumpet, tenor sax, and she sang. She did the keys and trumpet at the same time.

I love her so much.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:35 pm 

However, whoever does her website needs to be kicked to the ditch.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:04 pm 

Tonight's show was ok but not great. It was the Polka Family, Fred Ziwich, Big Daddy Lackowski, Dean Hansen, and the Little Tavern Band.

Most notable is a promo that is running on RFD that says that ratings are the highest they've ever been. What is unsaid is that Mollie's polka show is much more popular than Big Joe ever was.

Looked at her Facebook page and there are pictures of young people playing and singing in Polka Bands.

Fake. But I love her so much.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:59 pm 

This week they are showing something called the Mollie B. Christmas Party.

The band is pretty good, though. Her boyfriend Ted is in it, and all of the players sound pretty good. The setup is slick and they sing and play various Christmas songs, mostly polka style.

They had a featured couple that danced during songs. This is blatantly stolen from the Jimmy Sturr polka show. I hate Jimmy's show and I hate this feature.

Mollie sang some on this show. I was overwhelmed by jealousy, thinking about the accordion player loving up on that little body of hers.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:01 pm 

Tonight's show was a good one. Mollie played in her Dad's band. Mrs. Hoob was amazed at how good of a musician she was. I kinda ruined things by saying that she worked her tongue better than a twenty dollar whore.

The show was ended with some band called the Cedar Hill Band. They were really good.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:11 pm 

One more thing. I love her so much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:03 pm 

A fair show. Mollie started the show off with her Dad's band. She is much better in this band than with her other band.

Next was Craig Ebel and DyVersaCo. They were hampered by a clarinet. No matter how good the player, a clarinet ruins polka.

The Music Connection, supposedly a European-style band was next.

The worst band was New Brass Express. The singer had a Fender Strat and danced around with it and pointed the damned thing at people like it was a rifle. I shit you not. They also played "Hello Mary Lou."

Finally, a 3-piece group called the Kenny Brandt Band played and they were good.

Mollie looks nothing like her dad. I love her so much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:09 pm 

An interesting show:

1. Pan Franek, played a bunch of foreign language stuff and for some reason, "To Know Him is to Love Him." I hate when bands do crap like that.

2. Leo Lonnie Orchestra, traditional polka that I am used to.

3. Richie Yurkovich and Polkariety. Left handed banjo player. Singing drummer, an old woman. They were actually good and they won the night.

4. Little Tavern band. Were behind bandstands like Lawrence Welk.

5. Kid Polka. Funny name. Some little kid played the fiddle and he was good. Another kid was on drums. One of the instruments in this band was flatter than a pancake. Not mixed well. A kid played a drum solo.

At some point Mollie interviewed her brother Chad who had nothing to do with anything.

I love her so much.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:34 pm 

Mollie B. has been taping in Ennis. As in Texas. Here is a photo from the event that cracks me up:

The first comment on the Facebook page: HOLY CRAP A BLACK GUY! Good for him. Getting down with the polka crowd......

Hoob's take on this: Good for you, Texas.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:26 am 

Tonight's show had the really good, and the extremely bad.

Steve Meisner opened the show and he was pretty good. However, I couldn't get past his banjo player, who had a large Under Armour sweat band on his arm. It was to keep the edge of the banjo from irritating his arm, I guess.

Following him was Jak Se Do, a really good band. Loved them. Nobody wore Under Armour.

Following that was a group called The Music Connection, one of the best polka performances I ever heard. They played My Melody of Love, a Polish song which Bobby Vinton made into a pop hit in the 70s. Quite a few hots dancing, too.

This band also used MIDI to play the bass. In other words, a computer was playing the tuba. The leader explained that it was hooked up to his accordion and it would play the appropriate bass note. I wasn't happy about this, but it sounded damned good.

A band from Houston called Texavia was next, and they featured a drummer with a mullet. What? They were not good. They played originals. One song sounded like it was written by Corby by the campfire while drinking. As I muted the sound on them, I wondered if they did a version of Thanksgiving Loves the White Man.

Closing the show was Lenny Gomulka. Lenny is a clarinet player, and I don't like clarinets in my polka. They had some 1930s gangster looking guy singing. They were ok, though. Some guy was wearing a Chicago Bears jersey while dancing. It was number 35.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:15 pm 

Haven't watched this show in awhile. One of the groups on tonight was Brave Combo, the Denton Polka Band. They played a fast song, a waltz, and something else. Only the waltz was good. This show was recorded in Ennis earlier this year.

This group has sort of a wall of sound thing going, and I can't deal with that. They have two accordions that are louder than fuck, two horns, an electric bass, drums, and then the annoying front man who plays keys or guitar and sings. Their musicianship is really good.

It is cool to like Brave Combo and to appreciate all that they have done. I'm not cool, and I don't like them. In fact, I really hate these guys. Give me a three piece polka band.

Mollie was wearing a redneck girl cowboy hat and looked stupid.

I love her so much.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:20 pm 

Got bored with football and switched over to see what Mollie B. was doing. It was the 2011 Christmas show again, which wasn't that great. They did open with three straight songs called, "Merry Christmas Polka." All three were different with the same name. Geez.

But I love her so much.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:07 pm 

Needing to give my wiener a break, I stayed home on Saturday. As a result, I watched an interesting show tonight.

The Malek's Fishermen Band played, and they had a great sound. The bass was provided by a tuba, and they even had a song with a tuba solo. They had a horrible patriotic song that was sorta rescued by a funny key change. I gave them a B+.

Carol and the Keynotes won the show. Leading a three-piece band, Carol played accordion and sang lead. Her voice wasn't that great, but the overall sound was really good. She also had a guy who played steel guitar, electric guitar, and banjo. The banjo had an odd kaleidoscope look to it. They finished their set with something called Kramer's Polka, and the lovely Mollie played tenor sax with them. This song was really good. If I had a lighter handy, I would have lifted it in the air.

I love her so much.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:29 pm 

The Hoobstress had something to do tonight, so I watched polka.

Jimmy K and Ethnic Jazz. Drummer sped up on every song. All three songs sounded exactly the same. One of the worst bands ever.

Texas Dutchmen (recorded in Ennis). I lol'd at an old guy who ditched his wife to dance with Mollie. The wife was kinda sorta following behind them. Bass was provided by a good old tuba and there was one of every wind instrument. A perfect balance, and they won the night.

Coming in second was the Bob Klinger Band. Two accordions, tuba, and drums, which makes for a good band. Pretty sure I saw a cute home ec teacher friend dancing here.

Leon Olsen Show. Decent band marred by an electric bass. Get a tuba, dumbass. Lots of old white people dancing. Oh wait, that happens with every band.

Mollie and her husband's band is touring in south Texas in early February. By spring break, I will have stolen her.

I love her so much.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:06 pm 

Opening things up was Barefoot Becky and the Ivanhoe Dutchmen. Becky plays the accordion and has a funny accent. She is from Iowa. Her band has a tuba, baritone, clarinet, and drums. Even though I am against a clarinet in any band, these guys sound really good and I am entertained by this act. Yes, she is barefoot when she plays.

Every act in tonight's show was good and I loved it.

Did some searching for Big Joe and I see that he kicked the bucket on January 1, 2015 at the age of 80. Officially, cancer got him, but I know that RFD replacing him with Mollie B did him in.

I love her so much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:42 pm 

For the life of me, I don't know why so many polka bands insist on playing "Hello Mary Lou." This is the song that Ricky Nelson popularized in 1961.

Was watching tonight and enjoying things, and then this damn hell crap song came on. It is more like the Statler Brothers redo of it with the bass vocals that annoy the everloving dog shit out of me.

It really sucks. Trust me on this one, forum.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:34 pm 

About a year ago, RFD-TV abruptly stopped taping Mollie B shows. Somebody at the network figured out they had plenty and didn't need to spend any more money on production. Viewers are complaining but it's not worth it to the network to do anything about it. She posted this to her Facebook page last week:

Good morning. Mollie continues to get complaints about the bands airing on the Mollie B Polka Party on RFD. She no longer decides what is on each episode and has not had that control for many months. No matter what is going on with the show, she does still hope you are enjoying polka music.

I love her so much.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:59 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
About a year ago, RFD-TV abruptly stopped taping Mollie B shows. Somebody at the network figured out they had plenty and didn't need to spend any more money on production. Viewers are complaining but it's not worth it to the network to do anything about it. She posted this to her Facebook page last week:

Good morning. Mollie continues to get complaints about the bands airing on the Mollie B Polka Party on RFD. She no longer decides what is on each episode and has not had that control for many months. No matter what is going on with the show, she does still hope you are enjoying polka music.

I love her so much.

Looks like it's getting messy. And holy shit what a looker!

http://www.rfdtv.com/story/23049580/mol ... olka-party