Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: sweet greggo quits smoking?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:
So good to know the people at GIML take their job seriously and are on the ball. What kind of fucking losers feel the need to moderate the internet to make sure no one is offended by someone's comments/beliefs? I bet they really feel they have an important responsibility to muddle through every post to make sure the folks at the Ticket are in no way offended by some comment. I feel like a loser ever talking about these douche bags.

I laugh at how they take the internet seriously. What's funny is the Ticket folks laugh at these people. They tell me. Yeah, I know Ticket people.
I think Grubes took offense to the Carter jokes.

Grubes can suck it. Whiny trustfunder bitch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:48 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

*overlaughingoffmicrophone*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:
So good to know the people at GIML take their job seriously and are on the ball. What kind of fucking losers feel the need to moderate the internet to make sure no one is offended by someone's comments/beliefs? I bet they really feel they have an important responsibility to muddle through every post to make sure the folks at the Ticket are in no way offended by some comment. I feel like a loser ever talking about these douche bags.

I laugh at how they take the internet seriously. What's funny is the Ticket folks laugh at these people. They tell me. Yeah, I know Ticket people.

I took offense when Carter got shitfaced drunk and beat the shit out of his girlfriend. Karma's a bitch.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

I took offense when Carter got shitfaced drunk and beat the shit out of his girlfriend. Karma's a bitch.

Oh, and I really took offense when Danny and Corby blamed it on Chantrix. Are you telling me it didn't specifically say not to drink while taking that shit? What the fuck ever.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

Oh, and I really took offense when Danny and Corby blamed it on Chantrix. Are you telling me it didn't specifically say not to drink while taking that shit? What the fuck ever.
don't bitch at me about it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like they have some good ideas over there. I can see why Walt posts over there so much.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

I'm just bitching out loud, not necessarily at anyone. Cept maybe Danny, Corby and Grubes too if he falls into that thinking.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Sounds like they have some good ideas over there. I can see why Walt posts over there so much.

Walt is the glue that holds that place together.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

I'm just bitching out loud, not necessarily at anyone. Cept maybe Danny, Corby and Grubes too if he falls into that thinking.
I'm not defending them but he was a good friend of theirs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

I'm not defending them but he was a good friend of theirs.

I'm sure he was, but he wasn't a friend of mine. I had never heard of him. Next time one of their good buddies that no one has ever heard of bites it they need to keep it off air. No one else cares.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Nobody ever heard of Carter Albrecht? Got ya. Maybe you should start smoking again.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

or somesuch wrote:

:babyarm: new rule- any Sean Taylor or Ryan Moats jokes get deleted instantly and the offending poster loses karma points.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
Nobody ever heard of Carter Albrecht? Got ya. Maybe you should start smoking again.

Are you being serious? The guy was a fucking session musician and in a couple of spare local bands. Can you name the dude that played keyboards on Michael Jackson's last album? No? Maybe you should start smoking yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:

Are you being serious? The guy was a fucking session musician and in a couple of spare local bands. Can you name the dude that played keyboards on Michael Jackson's last album? No? Maybe you should start smoking yourself.
Just because your dumb ass never heard of him doesn't mean he wasn't a very popular musician.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:

Just because your dumb ass never heard of him doesn't mean he wasn't a very popular musician.

He was a popular musician in an exclusive scene that believes it's bigger and more important than it actually is. He also died in an unfortunate accident after drinking while on medication, which makes him an unlucky dumbass.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:

He was a popular musician in an exclusive scene that believes it's bigger and more important than it actually is. He also died in an unfortunate accident after drinking while on medication, which makes him an unlucky dumbass.
But he was still a close friend to those guys regardless of all that.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:

But he was still a close friend to those guys regardless of all that.

And those guys never read these forums so who cares what we say?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Nevermind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That's right. You sit back down, bitch!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Thanks guys! The last few posts are reminiscent of what made this forum great! This is the kind of back and forth that I expect to find when I log in. You boys make me proud.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

That's all the ticket does is make fun of other people's misfortunes. I'll start pointing out in Muse in the News segments and Community Quick-hits how the family that is affected from some unfortunate tragedy might not think some of their jokes as being funny.

And to be honest, they did a story this year about a good friend of mine who passed away and made all kinds of jokes about his death and I didn't find it the least bit funny.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My angst isn't towards you vbear, just some of the egos on the ticket.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
vbear wrote:
TerdFerguson wrote:

That's all the ticket does is make fun of other people's misfortunes. I'll start pointing out in Muse in the News segments and Community Quick-hits how the family that is affected from some unfortunate tragedy might not think some of their jokes as being funny.

And to be honest, they did a story this year about a good friend of mine who passed away and made all kinds of jokes about his death and I didn't find it the least bit funny.
then you know how Grubes felt. that's all i'm sayin.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Then all I'm saying is Grubes seems to have no problem when it's someone else going through it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:35 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

And you know what? If Carter was truly a local celebrity then according to the rules of engagement at the ticket, they're open game since they "chose" to put themselves out there for public consumption. I think everyone offered up a good word for Carter and his family and I bet many even contributed to his charity but as time passed on, everyone had their own way of getting through it and much like the ticket is oft want to do, we used humor to get over his passing.

Just so that I'm clear. If a ticket person feels particularly close to a celebrity that passes, then jokes and comments are off limits. But if it's some random spare, flame away. Right?

Take Ceep for example. He was a good dude and his passing affected a lot of people. I was there at his funeral. I don't care much for the Ceep jokes but I'm not about to have some one mod comments about him.

My point is that it seems ok when the ticket does it but it's insensitive when we do it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

And I'm not sure why I'm even wasting my time posting on this subject but it kind of irks me that someone would ask a FREAKIN INTERNET FORUM MODERATOR to remove some comments so that the 8 people who log in won't read them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I agree with everything Terd said. Except the part about the Ceepe jokes. Those are welcome anytime.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
I agree with everything Terd said. Except the part about the Ceepe jokes. Those are welcome anytime.

Agreed! Ceepe wouldn't have had it any other way.

And I don't understand why Grubes would be concerned about Carter, cuz I'm sure Grubes' family votes Republican...

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

And I don't understand why Grubes would be concerned about Carter, cuz I'm sure Grubes' family votes Republican...

:rimshot:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Ichabod wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

:rimshot:

Speaking of Ceepe with this post I'm officially 116 posts ahead of him. Of course he'll probably start closing the gap once Patrick Swayze teaches him to flick a bottlecap across the subway platform.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'd like to think Ceepe and Carter are having quite a jam session right now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:25 pm 
I'm a tool.

one is in hell the other is not

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I still love you, veeb.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Would the other forum let me post that I hope Greggo decides to mix Chantrix and Vodka?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Diello wrote:
Would the other forum let me post that I hope Greggo decides to mix Chantrix and Vodka?

No Expo it's VICODIN!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:10 pm 

It's probably a good thing that I don't have time to read good stuff like this during the work day.

Great success.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:

I don't post over there so much. I'm working 60 hour weeks to make up for years of posting here.
Ugh. I hate you fuckers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

look, when you go outta your way to mod shit, that only calls attention to it.
We've all been on this forum long enough to know that you can't really control lines of thought, you just wait 'em out. The more you call attention to jokes about dead people, the longer they live on.
I don't necessarily care fore Ceepe jokes, mainly because I was a dick to him when he was alive, but so the fuck what. I still laugh at people I don't know when bad shit happens to 'em, so fuck it.
People are such sissies.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:38 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
look, when you go outta your way to mod shit, that only calls attention to it.
We've all been on this forum long enough to know that you can't really control lines of thought, you just wait 'em out. The more you call attention to jokes about dead people, the longer they live on.
I don't necessarily care fore Ceepe jokes, mainly because I was a dick to him when he was alive, but so the fuck what. I still laugh at people I don't know when bad shit happens to 'em, so fuck it.
People are such sissies.

I should clarify, the more you bring attention to the JOKES, the JOKES live on. As far as I know, reports of a Zombie Carter are greatly exaggerated. (sorry, Tit)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

trained goucho's still a cunt.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:01 pm 

let's dunch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next