Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: You know what grinds my gears?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

When the insulated Turvis tumblers first became all the rage, Mrs. bigboy convinced me that we needed to swap out all of our antiquated glass and plasticware for a set of these. They weren't cheap, but I was agreeable. I like them because they don't sweat like most glasses. Fast forward 3 years. Every damn Christmas, birthday, teacher appreciation day, etc. since then, she's received a logo'd tumbler as a gift. We now have more of these novelty tumblers than we do in our plain set that ran us about 40 bucks. Every time I try to clean up the kitchen, it's like putting a damn jigsaw puzzle together to get everything to fit in the cabinet. I hate those damn things with a white hot passion.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

What about kid cups? Does everyone with a functional jizz launcher have a shitload of mismatched kids cups from various Metroplex eateries? My kids are grown enough to order off the adult menu now, but we still have a hella bunch of midget cups with the Texas Roadhouse or Scotty P's logo on them. Those things are small enough that they get flipped in the dishwasher if they're not snug enough in their row and then you gotta dump out the water and dishwasher silt that collects in them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:26 pm 
I'm a tool.

or somesuch wrote:
Terd: "I have an idea. How about letting your wife unload the dishwasher while you play golf? When my wife asks me to do something, I just point to the W2s."

My wife rejected mine to the stands then posterized me with her W2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:09 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
What about kid cups? Does everyone with a functional jizz launcher have a shitload of mismatched kids cups from various Metroplex eateries? My kids are grown enough to order off the adult menu now, but we still have a hella bunch of midget cups with the Texas Roadhouse or Scotty P's logo on them. Those things are small enough that they get flipped in the dishwasher if they're not snug enough in their row and then you gotta dump out the water and dishwasher silt that collects in them.

Whenever I empty the dishwasher I chuck em, so maybe twice a year. It's always when I'm trying to make room in the cupboard for actual glasses and I realize "why the fuck do we have a Razzoo's plastic cup in here?". They are never missed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:55 pm 

bigboy wrote:
When the insulated Turvis tumblers first became all the rage, Mrs. bigboy convinced me that we needed to swap out all of our antiquated glass and plasticware for a set of these. They weren't cheap, but I was agreeable. I like them because they don't sweat like most glasses. Fast forward 3 years. Every damn Christmas, birthday, teacher appreciation day, etc. since then, she's received a logo'd tumbler as a gift. We now have more of these novelty tumblers than we do in our plain set that ran us about 40 bucks. Every time I try to clean up the kitchen, it's like putting a damn jigsaw puzzle together to get everything to fit in the cabinet. I hate those damn things with a white hot passion.

:babyarm: my wife has more of those than we have cabinet space for.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:38 am 

I started making my own almond milk about a year or two ago. It's really good too. Sometimes after a sip of my delicious and fresh creation I'll think to myself "this milk is nuts". You might be thinking, "Golly, that sounds hard", but it's a simple process. A good blender is a must however. I own a Vitamix, fyi. :bigtime:

Anyhoo, add 1 cup raw almonds to blender + 4 cups water and violently mix. Next pour the liquid through a bag strainer into a mixing bowl, then transfer to milk container. Poof, milk. Wasn't that easy?

So do you know what grinds my gears? I usually pick up 1 bag of raw almonds each week from Krogers. They have their own private label brand called Simple Truth and package their almonds in 16 oz bags for $8.99. This amount yields two rounds worth of delicious and fresh milk. Well guess what? The package was different yesterday. The old bag was green and white with a see through window for nut inspection. The new bag is blue and white with a see through window for nut inspection. The new bag is also 10oz. The price is still $8.99. :mad: This grinds my gears to the point that I'm considering moving my nut business elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
I started making my own almond milk about a year or two ago. It's really good too. Sometimes after a sip of my delicious and fresh creation I'll think to myself "this milk is nuts". You might be thinking, "Golly, that sounds hard", but it's a simple process. A good blender is a must however. I own a Vitamix, fyi. :bigtime:

Anyhoo, add 1 cup raw almonds to blender + 4 cups water and violently mix. Next pour the liquid through a bag strainer into a mixing bowl, then transfer to milk container. Poof, milk. Wasn't that easy?

So do you know what grinds my gears? I usually pick up 1 bag of raw almonds each week from Krogers. They have their own private label brand called Simple Truth and package their almonds in 16 oz bags for $8.99. This amount yields two rounds worth of delicious and fresh milk. Well guess what? The package was different yesterday. The old bag was green and white with a see through window for nut inspection. The new bag is blue and white with a see through window for nut inspection. The new bag is also 10oz. The price is still $8.99. :mad: This grinds my gears to the point that I'm considering moving my nut business elsewhere.

You gotta problem with titty milk, snowflake?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:44 am 

Unfortunately yes. I've got some autoimmune issues and dairy jacks me up.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Way to go, Greg.