Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Diello's Dork Blog
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Diello wrote:
Bryan Singer is returning to the X-Men franchise. He's set to direct a "Days of Futures Past" movie, which is probably the most well-known X-men story. Government decides to keep the mutants in check with Project Wideawake--the Sentinels. Of course, this ends up with the slaughter of thousands and a post-apocalyptic world controlled by the Sentinels and those that control them. Most every major character dies. It was an alternate-future thing originally. I don't care about any of the other x-movies, this is the only one they should have made.

What did you think about this? It wasn't really about the Sentinels as much as it was going back in time to stop the Sentinels from happening. Most of the destruction had been happening off screen.

I'm still waiting for the Brood movie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Diello wrote:
Bryan Singer is returning to the X-Men franchise. He's set to direct a "Days of Futures Past" movie, which is probably the most well-known X-men story. Government decides to keep the mutants in check with Project Wideawake--the Sentinels. Of course, this ends up with the slaughter of thousands and a post-apocalyptic world controlled by the Sentinels and those that control them. Most every major character dies. It was an alternate-future thing originally. I don't care about any of the other x-movies, this is the only one they should have made.

What did you think about this? It wasn't really about the Sentinels as much as it was going back in time to stop the Sentinels from happening. Most of the destruction had been happening off screen.

Yeah, I liked it but didn't love it. I wanted more in the dystopic future. The original story line (all of two issues, mind you) took place primarily in the future. Distancing myself from that, though, I enjoyed it but not to the level I liked Winter Soldier or even Guardians. It's a measure of a movie, show, book in how much you think about it in the days/weeks/months after I see it and I really haven't thought about it much.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

And the old Sentinels looked like they were Dyson vacuum cleaners.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Diello wrote:
Regardless, you need to watch Too Many Cooks.

this time next year you'll be reviewing 'the wiggles'

Huh?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

Diello wrote:
Yeah, I liked it but didn't love it. I wanted more in the dystopic future. The original story line (all of two issues, mind you) took place primarily in the future. Distancing myself from that, though, I enjoyed it but not to the level I liked Winter Soldier or even Guardians. It's a measure of a movie, show, book in how much you think about it in the days/weeks/months after I see it and I really haven't thought about it much.

I've actually thought about it quite a bit, but more in the "why does everyone love this movie so much" way. I was highly disappointed. I didn't hate it and don't have near the knowledge of the comics as you or anyone for that matter, but the whole "go back in time to erase history so we can start the movie series over" plot is kind of cheap to me. Just re-boot it. I actually think the X-Men stuff is deeper than the movies that Marvel has, so I had been looking forward to this one a lot. Question: Even if Old Wolverine had drowned, isn't young Wolverine still walking around somewhere in the '70s and wouldn't Prof X have found him?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Diello wrote:

I've actually thought about it quite a bit, but more in the "why does everyone love this movie so much" way. I was highly disappointed. I didn't hate it and don't have near the knowledge of the comics as you or anyone for that matter, but the whole "go back in time to erase history so we can start the movie series over" plot is kind of cheap to me. Just re-boot it. I actually think the X-Men stuff is deeper than the movies that Marvel has, so I had been looking forward to this one a lot. Question: Even if Old Wolverine had drowned, isn't young Wolverine still walking around somewhere in the '70s and wouldn't Prof X have found him?

There weren't 2 of them in the same time period. I believe old Wolvie's conscious entered younger Wolvie's body. That's why he forgot where he was and wtf he was doing when they were in the conference room.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

Ah yes. I just got schooled by gam.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I wonder what other things he's been right about?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

The mind boggles.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:26 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I generally dislike time travel stories. Like you, I thought the reset was boring. I understand that Last Stand sucked and they botched the Dark Phoenix saga and I can understand wanting to reboot that. But it's their own damn fault that they let all the continuity errors get out of hand with First Class and the Wolverine movies. As for what's next, the whole Apocalypse storyline was after my X-Men heyday. I know very little about where it's going. But time travel in general is over-done and there's nothing new under the sun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:57 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
I wonder what other things he's been right about?

:fu:

Josh Hamilton
Albert Puto
CJ Wilson
Neftali Feliz
Bart Starr was offsides

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:34 am 
Site Admin

I just don't think any of those predictions (although I admit you were ahead of the game on Hamilton) are really anything to pat your back over.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:42 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You know, I already have so little. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So Too Many Cooks is good.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:06 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

And away we go...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

A black stormtrooper? That's Obama's America for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:23 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So they do various updates to GTA V online that can be pretty fun. Usually it's small things like on July 4th they added fireworks and 'Murica-themed stuff. You could get a beer helmet and a monster truck. They added muskets as weapons, which made deathmatches fun when you had to reload revolutionary war style.
Over the holidays they added elf clothing, gingerbread man masks, Santa stuff, but most importantly they added snow on a few select days. I just spent 20 minutes in an epic 16 person snowball fight. I am a dork.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I need to download that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfdsc4Q4R2k

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:07 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:46 pm 

not official

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:46 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Did I miss anything?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mallard Toss had his heart blow up and it was not throwing star related, Tit got a job where he has to wear khakis, Gam is into soccer now, Hoob still rides his bike, some of us are still into movies and eating. That's about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:

I thought that opening was where an escape pod was kept.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:06 am 
Site Admin

I think they changed it for Solo. In the past it's always been in the back. In fact I think it had multiple pods.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So Big Gulps, huh?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Wow, you guys out-nerded Diello.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:mad: you take that back!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I started playing Minecraft a couple months ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:14 pm 

I was intending to post a Minecraft t-shirt link to be funny and got derailed by all of the choices.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That's seems like such a time waste. Since I hit my late 40s I've become more conscious about the time I spend gaming. It's probably been a couple of years since I played anything. I don't even remember what I played layst.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

My kids have Minecraft on their console. They’ve talked me into playing it with them a few times. We have three controls because my son’s hands are disgusting. I’m terrible at it and they just laugh at me. I used to make fun of old people. :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

I show them no mercy on NBA2K though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I needed a game I could play while the kids were in the room and I'd bought a gaming laptop a year or so ago, so Minecraft it is.

It's actually really nice to leisurely play a game with very little "point" (the Ender Dragon is a ways off for me). But mining is oddly satisfying and calming. Finding diamonds is as exhilarating as anything I've ever done in gaming.

Creating a "base" and making it pretty is enjoyable. And when that gets boring, exploring the world (and getting home) becomes a challenge. Good times.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:53 pm 

LOL at the avatar. Very nice.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:23 am 
I'm a tool.

Diello wrote:
I needed a game I could play while the kids were in the room and I'd bought a gaming laptop a year or so ago, so Minecraft it is.

It's actually really nice to leisurely play a game with very little "point" (the Ender Dragon is a ways off for me). But mining is oddly satisfying and calming. Finding diamonds is as exhilarating as anything I've ever done in gaming.

Creating a "base" and making it pretty is enjoyable. And when that gets boring, exploring the world (and getting home) becomes a challenge. Good times.

Did you find diamonds in poo poo?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
Diello wrote:

Did you find diamonds in poo poo?

No, I found them on level 12 on the Y-axis while mining. Duh.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

maybe take a look at Valheim. I haven't played minecraft but I hear it's similar but with a better look and combat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

it's early access so maybe a bit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:38 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I had no idea Minecraft was a game. I thought it was just farting around in a sandbox environment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next