Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Watch Hoob fail at getting into shape blog
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:53 pm 

Got up fairly early for a Saturday, rode Johnson Branch today. Had a really good ride. It had not northered yet, so it was about 50 when I went. Fingers still got kinda cold.

No wrecks today. It was misting rain off and on, but it never really started until I was loading the bike up to leave. Good timing.

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:27 pm 

Someone has a Facebook page for Isle du Bois. Here is an entry that was made on Friday:

Isle du Bois Trail DORBA
Yesterday
You're not going to get any better by making the trail easier. Please stop altering the trail.

++++++++++++++++++++

Here is the deal here: this trail is a real motherfucker. I mean, it is really difficult and dangerous in places. So sometimes, people move some of the big rocks out of the way. And by big rocks, I mean rocks that are the size of a standard car tire.

The issue of people moving big rocks out of the way here has been going on for years. It really pisses off the bike fags. I don't really blame them for getting mad.

There are numerous places that I won't even attempt on this trail. What do I do? Get off and walk.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:00 am 

Mallard X wrote:
Please be careful, man. This place can't afford to lose you to heart attack, accident or stroke. Out of those options, the stroke might be the worst.

It's been proven that strokes will make a person an insufferable, lazy piece of shit that leeches off the productive and moves to Tyler to become a perpetual "student" and a wart of the state. They are the dregs of society with big drooling mouths that like to write checks that their corpulent bodies and damaged brains cannot cash. Cowards, pussies, they are. A tick below lepers, fags, child molesters and necrophiliacs.

Don't become one.

LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:26 pm 

Decided early on that I was going to ride somewhere if a trail was open. Isle du Bois never did get enough rain to close, so I went there. Went the entire 11 miles, was nearly dead when done. Still had a bunch of fun. Here is probably the most remote part of the trail, which is near some cliffs that are at the edge of Ray Roberts Lake.

Encountered quite a few hikers, including a couple that was really lost and not wanting to be out there any more. I helped them out with a shortcut, and as I hit the parking lot to finish, they were getting into their car. They thanked me for my assistance. I kinda felt sorry for their dumb asses.

As far as people fucking with the trail, that is true, it happened. However, one of the worst cut-throughs that someone made was probably done by the bikers who raced there a couple of weeks ago.

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:28 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

How does one get lost? It doesn't look like Blair Witch out there. Don't all trails eventually lead back to the parking lot? Are there not signs posted? LPT: while in the parking lot, pull out google maps and mark your position. If you get lost, follow your phone to the pinned position you made.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:09 pm 

They are walking the trail, and it winds through the woods. They have no idea when it is going to end. Worst of all, there are massive hills with big rocks, and walking them is really difficult.

They are dumbasses for not taking a map.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:57 pm 

The past couple of days have had me cutting down a dead tree out front. The problem with this is, the limbs are situated so that if they fall naturally, they'll crash into the house or my neighbor's house, or into the street. So carefully, I got it cut down, but I was sore as a mofo after it was done. Finished dragging the limbs to the curb this morning.

After that, I dressed and went to Johnson Branch for a ride. Noticed early on that I was extremely tired. Climbs were difficult, but yet, I was a better climber. I can't explain it. Most of the soreness was worked out by the ride.

Encountered a lot of hikers, including an older guy with a really hot younger girl. She had taken her shirt off and was wearing some sort of workout top that looked like a black bra. They were worried about where they were. I told them they were a mile away from the end.

Went all 9 miles and wasn't any more tired than usual when I got to the parking lot. Had plenty of boom boom in the bedroom this afternoon. And that was realllllllllllllllllly good, by the way.

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:24 pm 

Wow, it has been over two months since I last rode. Took Johnson Branch today, went the entire 9 miles. Was pretty tired at the end.

I have been experimenting with tire pressures for the past six months. In the early days, I always aired my tires up to the maximum, which is 50 psi. One day I didn't bother, and I had a much better time of it. Each time I aired it up to 50, I had issues, even on new tires. Climbing was damned near impossible.

After figuring this little detail out, climbing has been much easier. Today I put 40 in them just to see what would happen, and that was a little bit too much. I think I am going to keep it at 30 from here on out.

Encountered a family on the death trail, two small boys, following by the mom, followed by the dad. They has wandered onto the advanced section and realized that maybe they had fucked up. They were riding back home, going the wrong way. I am pretty sure the mom was in one of my classes about 10 years ago.

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:08 pm 

Went to Johnson Branch for the second day in a row. Even though my ass was sore from yesterday's activities, I figured I could make it the entire 9 miles and not die. I did, and I had a lot of fun. I did have to stop a couple of times to let my heartrate go down, though.

Here is a quote from June 13:

jim jack wrote:
And then for good measure, my pedal hit a large rock, which knocked me straight up into the air like a bucking horse. My knee was speared by the top of the fork assembly. I didn't wreck on that one, but it did gouge a hole in the side of my knee. I said "fuck" a lot today while riding.

I hit the same rock today, but this time it came really close to flipping me. I rode on the front wheel only for a bit, saved it, then went on my way.

I really enjoyed the ride today. A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 6:50 pm 

Before I went to Johnson Branch today, I did a little bit of weights on the machine. That used to help me out a little in the old days. Not sure about today.

Had a really tough time climbing, spun the tires a bunch, couldn't really control anything. Got passed a couple of times by people, passed one of them back later on.

Encountered two guys who were experienced riders, and they were riding the wrong way. They knew better, but just wanted to do it. This is extremely dangerous because of the blind corners that exist. The lead guy looked and sounded like this douche I encountered at the bike shop in Lewisville several years ago.

Attempted to stop and take a piss on the trail several times. Every time I tried it, someone would ride up on me. Never did get to go.

It was 88 degrees, and I think the guy I passed back was dealing with the heat. It wasn't that bad, was it?

A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Wait a second. Didn't Gammill used to live in Lewisville?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:25 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Yes, but I'm not a cycle douche. Hoob probably ran into the same one I encountered at a big bike shop in Hurst. Fuck that dude.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:04 am 
I'm a tool.

Hurst? LOL!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:17 pm 

Went to Johnson Branch today for another ride. Really didn't do that good of a job of climbing or anything else, but at least I didn't wreck and was having fun.

After finishing the advanced part, I was riding along and thought I had a flat tire. Pedaling was becoming a little bit difficult than it should have been. Both tires were up.

Continued onward, and successfully navigated a long, steep, bumpy downhill section. Flip here, and you will get hurt. After climbing a difficult hill and then going down another one, I started hearing a knocking noise at the front of the bike.

Jumped off again and noticed that the front brakes were applied. And then I noticed I didn't have anything holding the fucking front tire on. The axle had broken and fallen off. I thought about where I had just been and what could have happened if the brakes locked up just as I was going down that hill. Wow.

Got the tire to roll without falling off, and pushed the bike back to the parking lot, a distance of about two miles.

Too many things are going wrong here. I am going to have to buy a new bike.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:05 pm 

Dropped the wheel off at the shop on Friday, picked it up on Saturday.

The front axle wasn't broken. Somehow I managed to knock off the nuts on each side (insert Beavis and Butthead laughter here). I use a customary quick-release system and they were broken off. Fixing it was $25.

I also bought a tire and tube for the back, $35 more. Decided against buying a new bike for now.

Since adultery was already scheduled for Saturday, I did not ride. Wait a minute. I didn't take the bike to the trail on Saturday.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:55 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Did they find Hoob's body out at Grapevine yet?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:30 pm 

I saw that. I haven't ridden that trail before. I saw where he had previously wrecked and maybe was disoriented.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:43 pm 

They found him.

I am catching shit from all over the place, people wanting me to stop riding these trails because of this.

They are unaware of this hard fact: bicycle death can't touch me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:20 am 
Site Admin

you're probably exponentially more likely to die driving to the trail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:27 am 
Site Admin

http://www.nsc.org/news_resources/injur ... cts-43.pdf
death by car 1 in 112
death by bicycle 1 in 4,974

tell them to stop driving

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:43 am 

Or shot by a jealous husband.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:48 am 

A crazed, gun toting student is another just as likely way for hoob to go

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:39 pm 

Trained Goucho wrote:
Or shot by a jealous husband.

He doesn't own any guns.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:41 pm 

Yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:36 pm 

After getting turned on this morning by looking at my moobs bounce while I was brushing my teeth, I decided I needed to ride the bike.

Went to the Greenbelt and did the short 12 mile ride on the gravel. To my surprise, I was able to keep up a good pace and covered it all at a decent clip. Probably could have ridden the entire 22 mile thing, but I am not in good shape at all and wouldn't have been able to walk afterward.

I encountered something funny: At about the four mile mark, I encountered a milf stopped on the trail, sitting on her bike. I slowed and asked if she was ok and she said yes. A male voice from off of the distance heard me and he also answered. He was taking a piss. I laughed and told the poor bastard that I understood and I've been busted doing that, too. I passed them later, and the cute lady smiled at me and said hello. I'd say she was about 40.

Got back to the parking lot and had trouble walking. My hamstrings and calves were hurting. I'm ok now.

Totally glad I went. A kickass time was had.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:14 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I just wanted to chime in that I've been inspired by Hoob to get back on the bike. Ever since the accident I kind of stopped riding but I got the itch to feel the wind through my hair so I've been going for early morning strolls. When I hear of the distances Hoob travels, I'm blown away. Especially when he goes on gravel and unpaved trails I ride on a sidewalk through a greenbelt and I can't wait until the halfway point at 4 miles when I can turn around and head home. Even with the padded shorts, my taint is sorer than HH at Hunkys and I'm ready for a beer. I dunno if I need a better seat or a lighter bike or if I should just take up bird watching. Either way, despite Hoob not being in the shape he wants to be, he's in way better shape when most 30+ males.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
I just wanted to chime in that I've been inspired by Hoob to get back on the bike. Ever since the accident I kind of stopped riding but I got the itch to feel the wind through my hair so I've been going for early morning strolls. When I hear of the distances Hoob travels, I'm blown away. Especially when he goes on gravel and unpaved trails I ride on a sidewalk through a greenbelt and I can't wait until the halfway point at 4 miles when I can turn around and head home. Even with the padded shorts, my taint is sorer than HH at Hunkys and I'm ready for a beer. I dunno if I need a better seat or a lighter bike or if I should just take up bird watching. Either way, despite Hoob not being in the shape he wants to be, he's in way better shape when most 30+ males.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:56 am 

Planet Fitness cancels woman's membership after she reports transgender in locker room

pic of what may or may not have been transgender in question. (kinda walty)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:57 am 

I'd like to see a tranny pull that shit in keyball's gym.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

is that walt?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:47 pm 

:bwalt:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:03 pm 

fruitdog wrote:
is that walt?

Without the capability to zoom in on that photo for signs of cat dander on the dress, I can't say with certainty.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:05 pm 

It does bear a strong resemblance, however, and harkens back to a time of dudeinthenextcube shenanigans.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:54 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
is that walt?

No way that's Walt. He wouldn't be caught dead wearing that gaudy bracelet.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:56 am 
I'm a tool.

fruitdog wrote:
is that walt?

i said the same thing to myself in my brain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:46 pm 
Site Admin

We all did.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:19 am 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2994398/Heart-pounding-moment-biker-risks-life-attempts-horizontal-traverse-famed-White-Line-trail-Sedona-s-red-rock-cliffs.html?ito=social-facebook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:04 pm 

Trained Goucho wrote:

Good grief, that is awesome. And crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:10 pm 

I have this problem. No bike trails are near here. I hate road riding. There is no room for workout equipment in my house. I live 17 miles from the nearest gym. I hate gyms. The good news is, I do own a gizmo where I can put a bike on it and ride stationary while watching spotes on tv. Riding stationary is really boring, but watching football while pedaling is not that bad.

The turning point was buying new pants last weekend and not being able to button them. Really, I look horrible.

So, this is day 7 of no beer. I'm eating less. I'm using the bike. A few pounds are starting to fall off, but I need about 30 more to go away. Stay tuned.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:23 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:popcorn:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:01 am 

jim jack wrote:
I live 17 miles from the nearest gym. I hate gyms.

Love to be a fly on the wall during a gym tour when the trainer turns to hoob and asks "what are your goals?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My kid was riding her bike one day last week and I decided to dust off my bike and air up the tires. I made a couple of laps up and down the block and nearly busted my ass on the uneven transition from the street to the driveway. I sat in my chair for the next hour wishing that Hoob had warned me to stay away from my bike.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next