Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:58 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

And then you said with a giggle "have you tried sideways dog or cat in heat?".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:22 pm 

TerdFerguson wrote:
And then you said with a giggle "have you tried sideways dog or cat in heat?".

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

With this post I have officially tied Grubes for 18th place in the forum post standings... :curtsy:

18 Grubes Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:27 pm 1388
19 Ichabod Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:08 pm 1387

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hippie speak: I think that 60s slang ought to be brought back into use. I lived in St. Pete Beach as a kid. We literally lived on an island called Vina Del Mar. This was in the late 60s and my mother tried to teach me to fear the hippies hanging out at the beach. Didn't work.

Guys were referred to as "Cats" and girls were "Chicks." You wanted to be a cool cat. We didn't have a house. We had a "pad" and we would "crash" at it.

If something was cool or impressive, it was "far out! or "outta sight!" In fact, I remember a head shop near the beach called "The Outta Sight Shop." My mom forbid me to go in there. (snicker).

We didn't go to movies, we went to "flicks." If i agreed with you about something, it was "right on."

I looked "tuff" wearing my buckskin vest to school and my blue jeans with the peace sign patch on the thigh. Far out baby!

Sock it to me!

Ich

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

As of November 25th I will be officially off the welfare roles and no longer need to stand in the food bank lines. That's right! Your Unca Ich has gained employment once again! :dance: Going to work for a 3PL based in Allen, but I'll start out working in Grapevine. :cool: We're going to seriously attempt to make this my last company until its time to put me on an iceberg. Let's all keep a good thought

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:58 pm 

:beer:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:10 am 

I think what mallard is trying to say is that's outta sight, ich. Show those cats who the man is and own that place like it's your pad. Can you dig it?

After a week of no posting it was almost time for the toss of the mallard to call himself out in a post and then retract it 15 mins later.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:35 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:fist: fuckin a, ich!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:19 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

On your first day you need to find the weakest person and put a shiv in them. You don't want to kill him, just enough to bleed pretty good. You guys may end up being cube-mates and you don't want it to feel awkward later. Everyone else will give you mad respect and whenever layoffs loom, you will be the last they want to talk to.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:40 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

In total there are 6 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)

We still have lurkers... I was on here the other day and there were 6 guests. I wonder if the ability to become a new member is still turned off? :confused:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:51 am 
I'm a tool.

TerdFerguson wrote:
On your first day you need to find the weakest person and put a shiv in them. You don't want to kill him, just enough to bleed pretty good. You guys may end up being cube-mates and you don't want it to feel awkward later. Everyone else will give you mad respect and whenever layoffs loom, you will be the last they want to talk to.

where is my pricing!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hmmm... My life keeps changing. Not cooking Thanksgiving dinner for the first time since moving to Dallas 16 years ago. Ichette has to work that day, so we'll be celebrating the day before. Actually going out to dinner because she works a 12 hour shift that starts in the early evening.

The start of my new job has been delayed. Don't start until January 6 as my position is not in the December budget. Downside is that Mrs. Ich has decided that since I'm no longer looking for a job that I'm to be her personal Bob Vila. Re-caulked the upstairs bathroom on Friday. Hitting the master bath on Monday and then the dreaded cleaning out the garage! Pray for meh!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:37 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Completed my 30th day in a row for Yoga sessions today! Halfway to my goal of 60 days straight. Yoga and coloring my mustache makes me feel young. Oh, that and chasing Mrs. Ich through the house and pinning her to the floor and entering the first orifice I can find on her! :twisted: That keeps the mystery in the marriage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:04 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Side pocket!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:07 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Maria Bello comes out as gay

I told Mrs. Ich that I my first thought is that I wouldn't mind seeing some of Maria's home movies... :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

I go gay too if Aragorn railed me like he did her on the stairs in A History of Violence.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:52 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Today is Day 47 of Yoga! I am officially addicted. I m amazed at this old man's new found pliability. I can really tell a difference when I carry Ich Jr up and down the stairs. I can tell that my lower back is much stronger, ergo; my core is much stronger.

Need to start paying attention to the nutrition program and get to the gym on a more regular basis. My path to Dilfdom is set. Ichette will be furious at her wedding as the photographer won't be able to keep his lens off of me! :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:21 am 
I'm a tool.

i thought you found a job?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
i thought you found a job?

The start of my new job has been delayed. Don't start until January 6 as my position is not in the December budget.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:35 pm 
I'm a tool.

Obama is playing games again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Today starts week 9 of my yoga program. My goal was to attend a class for 60 days in a row. Sadly, the streak will end on day 58 as Monday I have to go to the doctor for the old man's colonoscopy which is about 13 years overdue. Hopefully the doctor will not be black as I don't need a large tool stuck up my exit only orifice! Doubt seriously that I'll feel like going to yoga afterwards. Well see. I've got to fast tomorrow and then take the power flush tomorrow evening. That reminds me that I need to buy a fresh sudoku book for the bathroom.

The Ichs met Ichette's fiance's parents for dinner last night. They seemed like a nice couple. They are a little older than us, but were both talking about listening to he Ticket, so I guess we have that in common as well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:09 am 
I'm a tool.

Sinus headache alert 2013. Am I on your list?!?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I have survived my butt surgery. Mrs. Ich reports that I was on my best behavior this time as the sedative took effect. (You may recall that my last surgery included me inviting the nurse and Mrs. Ich into my bed) :twisted:

Now awaiting the results of the polyps they removed. Isn't aging fun...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:29 pm 

Please don't die, my fellow old.

Seriously, keep us updated, buddy.

Can I have your hot wheels track if you do die?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:46 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Still awaiting results for the polyps, though I'm still not worried.

Took Ich Jr back to Southwestern for his annual follow up on Dec 26. Relieved to report that he showed no further debilitation for the third year in a row. :grin:

We purchased his new van last month. He got the approval from the state and the PO issued to help with the conversion costs. He should be driving by late February or early March! Once he gets his van, we'll begin searching for a handicap friendly apartment so he can start living independently. In a word; Wow!

Monday marks my return to the working world. I report at 9:00 AM in Grapevine. Being a kept man is nice for a while, but I admit that sitting on my ass was getting old.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:03 pm 
I'm a tool.

Ichabod wrote:
Still awaiting results for the polyps, though I'm still not worried.

Took Ich Jr back to Southwestern for his annual follow up on Dec 26. Relieved to report that he showed no further debilitation for the third year in a row. :grin:

We purchased his new van last month. He got the approval from the state and the PO issued to help with the conversion costs. He should be driving by late February or early March! Once he gets his van, we'll begin searching for a handicap friendly apartment so he can start living independently. In a word; Wow!

Monday marks my return to the working world. I report at 9:00 AM in Grapevine. Being a kept man is nice for a while, but I admit that sitting on my ass was getting old.

Excellent news. If you were unemployed any longer, I was afraid you'd turn into a blood sucking liberal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Good news on my polyps... Benign with no indication of cancer. My brown eye is golden! :rockon:

First week on the new job is going well. I love running me a DC. :)

Only downside this week is Mrs. Ich has been down for the count with bronchitis. I can't understand how such a small woman can make sounds like two dinosaurs fighting! :shock: It's downright scary.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:31 am 
I'm a tool.

Ichabod wrote:
First week on the new job is going well. I love running me a DC. :)

You're in IT. How does your DC replicate and how many hops does it have when it replicates to other DC's?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You don't need to worry about that anymore. I'll sort it all out for you. I'll be getting a key to the city soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:29 pm 
I'm a tool.

TerdFerguson wrote:
You don't need to worry about that anymore. I'll sort it all out for you. I'll be getting a key to the city soon.

why didn't i get a hard drive with the image on it?! WTF!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:14 pm 

new Drive-by Truckers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:

Outstanding! I can't wait to hear the rest. :babyarm:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Went down to the AAC with Mrs. Ich and Ich, Jr to see Sting and Paul Simon perform.

Pretty cool concert as they combined their bands to open up and played three songs together. Then, Simon left the stage for Sting to play a set and they alternated sets for 3 hours. They encored with "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" with Sting handling Art Garfunkel's part admirably. Sting is one fit SOB for being 62. Hell, I wanted to sleep with him!

Paul Simon held his own at 73. He's a great songwriter and I love the way he can "talksing."

Best part was that Mrs. Ich's company was sponsoring a suite, so we were able to enjoy the concert away from the unwashed! :fist:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:33 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Started back with a trainer at the gym last night. Though yoga is a good workout, this old man needs to hit the weights as well. I made it through the workout, but I did feel my age. Told my trainer he couldn't take it easy on e because I'm in my 50s, that his objective is to make me cry by the end of each workout... the man did his job well as I was spent by the end of the hour.

Ichette, along with Mrs.Ich, picked out her wedding dress. She looks stunning! Fortunately for me she can look stunning without breaking my wallet as the dress was reasonably priced. Still I told her not to be too disappointed in her photographer as he would have his lens trained on the DILF waking her down the aisle. I've got until October so I plan on looking damn good in my tux! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mallard X wrote:
Is she able to wear white or you know?

She's 27 and living with her betrothed... So the math says no.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So Mrs. Ich calls me at work on Monday and asks me if I remember a girl that went to our high school. (Mrs. Ich and I graduated two years apart from the same high school, but didn't know each other) I told her the girl was year ahead of me and was best friends with my next door neighbor.

Turns out that this girl's daughter started at Mrs. Ich's company on Monday working in their Marketing department. She saw some of Mrs. Ich's Tenneessee memorabilia and the conversation progressed. It is a small world indeed!

This girl also turns out to be married to a musician from Ft. Worth currently in the band, "Green River Ordinance." They are a country rock band currently touring with Blake Shelton. They are playing the House of Blues in April so we're going to go check them out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:21 pm 
I'm a tool.

menage?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

"All of our Fs are good, but some Fs are better than others!"
--- Mrs. Ich

Sometimes that woman makes me want to do the Tarzan yell! :cool:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:

Weather permitting Ich Jr should be able to take possession of his new van tomorrow! They are making the final adjustments on his controls this weekend. On Monday morning he'll drive with the state agency rep for a few more hours and she can sign off that he's good to go!

This is the end of a very long journey for him. It's great to see him get genuinely excited! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Great news, Ich. I can only image how stoked he is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next