Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:22 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, it finally happened! Ich jr took possession of his van last night and followed me home solo from Mesquite back to McKinney. He had to drive I-30, The Bush and 75. He did a great job. Ended up driving his mother to work to Carrollton without problems as well.

This is a truly momentous occasion as it's the key to his living independently. He's already talking about finding an apartment that is handicap friendly... :)

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

Last edited by Ichabod on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:01 pm 

:babyarm: good for him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:35 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Just contributed $2 to the office pool for this week's MegaMillions drawing. I don' t really have an expectation of winning, but who wants to be that guy in the office who always poo poos the chances of winning.

besides, who wants to be the only one left at the office having to work while your co-workers quit in mass on the off chance one of the numbers hits.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:42 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We're linked in now so you owe me half. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Started using a FitBit this week. You're expected to take at least 10,000 steps in a day. I got home from the gym last night and still had over 1300 steps left to go. Had to walk around the neighborhood for a little over a mile. Was disappointed that the MILF's weren't parading around in their bra and panties as I walked by their windows, though admittedly, that would have slowed me down...

Fitness is hard sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I got a Rock and Roll Trivia Challenge calendar for Christmas. I was really excited until I realized that the daily questions were aimed at the lowest common denominator.

I threw the damn thing in the trash yesterday as the answer to the question was "Kanye West!" :shock:

Rock and Roll trivia my ass...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:17 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet fell out of my computer bacpack when I was getting out of the car on Monday. It landed on its corner on the street so the screen looks like a damn spiderweb! Took it to the Samsung repair center on Tuesday. They wanted to charge me almost 3/4 of the current selling price! My new one should arrive tomorrow WITH a 2 year dropsie plan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:36 am 

Do you do a cover like an Otter Box? They don't make it bullet proof, but my phone breakage ended when I started using them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

So, I found out yesterday that one of my childhood friends from Knoxville has passed on to the next plane... I'd first met Jamey back in 5th grade, spent three years of junior high school homeroom with him because our last names were close on the alphabet and shared various adventures through high school, college and young adulthood.

My favorite memory was when we attended another buddy's wedding in Poughkeepsie, NY back in 1990. Our common buddy had so rudely scheduled his wedding on the same football Saturday that Tennessee was playing Auburn. The wedding was in the afternoon with the reception being held that evening at a local country club. Though not happy Jamey and I decided we could catch some of the game at the CC bar.

Our best laid plans were shot to hell when we discovered that the wedding party was in a specific section of the country club being catered by an outside company, so the rest of the CC was closed and locked up. Ergo, no television! :eek:

We were only comforted by the fact that there was an open bar of which we took full advantage. After many rounds of Jack Daniels shots Jamey and I stuffed our suits with bottled Busch beer and proceeded to leave the CC on foot walking into the neighborhood knocking on doors in search of a television tuned to the game.

About the third knock we convinced a teenaged young man, using the allure of a twenty dollar bill, to let us in the house to catch the lasr quarter of the game. It was a tight game and we both started shouting and cussing at the TV when the kid starts to freak telling us we had to leave because his mother was asleep upstairs and if she woke he was afraid of being grounded for life!

Though he didn't want to leave, afterall we'd paid our rent, I managed to convince Jamey that we needed to go because neither of us would be able to make bail and wouldn't know who to call. We both stumbled back to the reception and Tennessee and Auburn ended in a tie because our placekicker missed the last second field goal.

RIP Jamey! You will be missed. :babyarm:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:11 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Taking Mrs. Ich to our first Frisco Roughriders game tomorrow! Looks like the weather will be perfect. Does make me think of Stu as we met him there for a few games.

Went to the firing range recently. Started out shooting low, but still center mass. I am ready should a paper target ever attempt to carjack me!

Was supposed to see Amy Schumer in Grand Prairie last night. Apparently shevhas been rescheduled for November. AXS claimed they sent me an email. If they did it must of went to my junk file. Regardless, I got my money back.

The new Drive-By Truckers album is a good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:21 am 
I'm a tool.

Ichabod wrote:
Went to the firing range recently. Started out shooting low, but still center mass. I am ready should a paper target ever attempt to carjack me!

enjoy it while you can

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well your Unca Ich's demise slowly yet surely marches on. I am scheduled to get my right knee scoped a week from this Thursday. As I suspected, I've torn my meniscus and have some cartilage that needs to be trimmed up. At least this should balance out the old Ich body as I had my left knee scoped 11 years ago... I'm sweating bullets now, because after this, the only thing left for them to work on is the wienee! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:34 pm 

Never, Ich. Never.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:42 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ich Jr signed a lease on an apartment in Lewisville this week! He will be 7 miles from his office and 12 miles from his sister. He is scheduled to take possession in mid June, so I now have new incentive to rehab my knee so I can catch Mrs.Ich in an empty nest house again. Oh washer and dryer sex, how I've missed you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Ich Jr signed a lease on an apartment in Lewisville this week! He will be 7 miles from his office and 12 miles from his sister. He is scheduled to take possession in mid June, so I now have new incentive to rehab my knee so I can catch Mrs.Ich in an empty nest house again. Oh washer and dryer sex, how I've missed you!

Really cool, Ich. I'll bet he's ecstatic.

Oh, and ew.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well your Unca Ich survived his surgery this morning. I'm home now being taken care if by Mrs. Ich. She refuses to provide me any kind of recovery sex so that kind of sucks.

I am hooked up to an Iceman machine which is a cooler filled with ice and water. It has a pump that pumps the cold water through a hose that has a pad at the end of it which us wrapped around my knee. It is a fancy continuous ice pack.

I'm on excellent pain meds so that's good. I hope to be off crutches by the middle of the week. Get the day offtomorrow so it's a 4 day weekend for me :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:00 am 

Stay hard, Unca Ich.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:27 am 
I'm a tool.

:violin: he was a good man.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:15 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Well your Unca Ich survived his surgery this morning. I'm home now being taken care if by Mrs. Ich. She refuses to provide me any kind of recovery sex so that kind of sucks.

I am hooked up to an Iceman machine which is a cooler filled with ice and water. It has a pump that pumps the cold water through a hose that has a pad at the end of it which us wrapped around my knee. It is a fancy continuous ice pack.

I'm on excellent pain meds so that's good. I hope to be off crutches by the middle of the week. Get the day offtomorrow so it's a 4 day weekend for me :)

What kind of meds are you on?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Got my stitches removed from my knee this morning. Doctor said I'm healing ahead of schedule as I have full range of motion in my knee. Downside is he says I have a small bit of arthritis that may or may not spread as I get older. We'll soon see as I plan to get my ass running again. If I eventually need knee replacements, so be it. I'm not going to sit around and wait to die :fist:

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 11:52 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Met Ichette at La Hacienda Ranch with Mrs. Ich and Ich Jr for Mother's Day dinner on Saturday night. Another fine family tradition as the Ranch is Mrs. Ich's favorite TexMex. Ichette and her fiance attended some renaisance fair yesterday. She sent me a pic of her betrothed dressed as some warrior and she was sporting the blue Daenerys gown. They looked like something out of Game of Thrones. NERDS!

Ich Jr left us early to go to his former suite mate's graduation party. It's great to see him being so independent.

Chased Mrs. Ich around the house yesterday and defiled her on Mother's Day, so my knee is obviously a lot better. Starting back with my trainer next Monday. :fist:

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Taking Mrs. Ich to the Verizon Theatre on Saturday night to see Don Felder, Styx and Foreigner in concert. Saw Styx in Knoxville years ago before Tommy Shaw ever joined the band. I was on the floor 20 feet from center stage. Dennis DeYoung was the lead singer and appeared to have been getting head before the opening number based upon the condition of his polyester pants when he walked out on stage. Funny what the mind retains. ;)

Tickets go on sale the end of this week for The Black Keys. They are playing the AAC in November.

Last edited by Ichabod on Mon May 19, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:44 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Saturday night at the concert generated mixed emotions regarding music and growing older. Don Felder opened the show and, though he is an excellent guitarist, his act is sad in the fact that it is nothing more than a glorified Eagles cover band. I know he composed the music to many hits, but hearing him sing songs made famous by Henley and Frey was sobering.

Styx did not disappoint. Tommy Shaw and JY Young are still with band amd both put on a great show. The singer they hired to replace Dennis DeYoung to sing and play keys did a good job. I forgot how much I like "Rockin' the Paradise." I was relieved they didn't play any of that "Mr. Roboto" bullshit.

Foreigner has turned into Lynyrd Skynyrd in that there is only one original member left. Much like your Unca Ich, Mick Jones is not aging well and should be sat down and told that he is now well past wearing white "skinny jeans" on stage. No one wants to see a balding Pappaw try and bring sexy back.

Last edited by Ichabod on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mallard X wrote:
so what happenned when you got home? :D

We role-played rock star and groupie.... :spankin: ,but I didn't think you wanted to read about that anymore. :dunno:

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:rockon: :hookem: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and Steve Winwood at the AAC on September 26! I can't wait! Steve Winwood is on my bucket list.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:50 pm 
I'm a tool.

Hopefully we won't kick the bucket before then

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:51 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Graduated physical therapy last night. Knee still isn't 100% and I'm still not running, but am able to ride a bike and use a stepper. Good thing as I feel as big as the girl who gets picked up at the bar at 3:00 AM!

Heard that Petty/Winwood tickets might run as high as $300 each. I don't wNt to see them that badly!

Looking forward to a 3 day weekend. Going to see the Roughriders tomorrow night with Mrs. Ich and then, if all goes well, home for Ich's version of a suicide squeeze hump!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:12 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mrs. Ich and I went to the AT&T store yesterday. We both replaced our I phones with Samsung Galaxies. I got the Mega and it is awesome! The speed is outrageous and the screen is great for this old man's eyes.

Have I mentioned lately that getting older sucks?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:46 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I have the S5. Best phone ever.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:11 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Started a new job today, though with the same company. It's great in the fact that it's a better opportunity, but also based in Allen which is much closer to the house and avoids the toll roads. :razz:

Bought a road bicycle a few Sundays ago. I have been riding my old ass all over Collin County. Teenagers like to yell as they pass you and housewives like to drive up on your ass and honk the horn... This will probably be the cause of my death. Still and we'll I'm enjoying it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

you move jobs almost as much as Walt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:05 pm 
I'm a tool.

Almost

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:44 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:

uh, ow my balls?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:25 pm 
Site Admin

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
fruitdog wrote:

uh, ow my balls?

;) sorry, couldn't resist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod's 2014 year in review....

Been a most eventful year for the Ichabods!

As always, started out with a job change. I went back to a company I worked for in 2008 running a DC in Grapevine. Pleasantly surprised to be promoted and moved to Allen headquarters (closer to home) in August. So far so good!

Been a big year for music and entertainment. Took Mrs Ich to see comedians such as Steve Byrne and Ron White, and many great musical acts including Sting, Paul Simon, Crosby, Stills & Nash, Green River Ordinance, Don Felder, Styx, Foreigner, Steve Winwood, Tom Petty, The Black Keys, Widespread Panic, Edwin McCain, and of course, Trans Siberian Orchestra.

February and March were big for Ich, Jr. After an 8 year ordeal we finally were able to provide a van that he can drive while in his wheelchair! Independence abounds. He is continuing to thrive with his new job as a forecast analyst and moved out of the house into his own apartment last June! Mrs. Ich and I are equally thrilled at having an empty nest once again. I love chasing her through the house in my underoos! :twisted:

Medical woes struck our family as I had my knee scoped in April. Not running as much as I used to, but have started riding a street bicycle. The Ich Dad had to go under the knife and receive a triple bypass. Went under the knife on a Friday morning, but did not wake up from the operation until midday Saturday proving that, unlike his son, he can't handle his opiates! Death was also a player in this year. I lost a great Uncle who was in his 90s and led a good life, I lost several high school friends and lost a very close friend from college the day before Ichette's wedding. I alternated between euphoric feelings of excitement to uncontrollable crying jags on the day of her wedding. Had to drive to Nashville the day after her wedding for my buddy's wake. Unfortunately, I'm getting to the age where the over indulgence, lack of exercise and cursed genetics are catching up with my contemporaries. :cry:

August meant that Mrs. Ich and I celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary! I do love that woman so and can't believe she continually tolerates my immaturity... :grin: I keep promising her that I'll do a better job of growing up each and every year though it seems I don't really make much progress.

In October our family grew by one as Ichette married her young man. As far as son in laws go, I have to say that I feel fortunate. He's a nurse like Ichette and is currently pursuing his studies to become a nurse practitioner. Most importantly, it is obvious to me that he is head over heels in love with my daughter. The ceremony went well though we had to go without a wedding cake as the delivery was never made. $100 buys a lot of sheet cake at Kroger in a pinch!

I started growing a beard in November. My mother hates it . She told me I look like a troll, but her opinion doesn't count. The feedback from the female population on Facebook has been most favorable and Mrs. Ich thinks I look dangerous, so I guess I'll keep it through the winter.

Happy New Year to all my forum buddies and I look forward to continued debauchery and seediness on RR in 2015! :fist:

Last edited by Ichabod on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'm already over this cold weather... Bring on spring!

Started back to yoga over the holidays. I find it really helps these old muscles recover from the weight room. It has been an adjustment for my surgical knee... I like Aleve!

Mrs. Ich has started us watching "Friends" on Netflix. I'm not terribly happy about it, but can't complain too much because she still gives me mouth hugs now and again.

My dad is feeling better since his triple bypass. He actually participated in a bass tournament last weekend. True sign of recovery! Fish on Dad!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Arrived at Ich Jr's apartment yesterday at 11:00 AM. I left at 6:00 PM. In between that time we built his new computer. When he was really young we threw the football and shot baskets.... Now, we build computers. He said that this was the fifth one we had built. He's an amazing young man. I pop parts out of the box and he points and tells me which wiring harness to use and the location on the motherboard to pop it in the slot. I'm even getting pretty good at wire management.

I've been working out and watching my nutrition over the holidays. I managed to actually lose 10 pounds in November and December. That being said I had Mrs. Ich take some pics of me stripped down to the shorts. This just proves that the image we have of ourselves in our minds is far more generous than the reality of the situation. I've got to work harder! :oops:

Brittany Jackson is a hot who played for the Lady Vols basketball team.

It was just announced this week that she is expecting a baby by Albert Haynesworth. Albert is a former Vol football player and current douche. I'm disappointed in Brittany.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:51 pm 

Brittany Jackson is a hot who played for the Lady Vols basketball team.

It was just announced this week that she is expecting a baby by Albert Haynesworth. Albert is a former Vol football player and current douche. I'm disappointed in Brittany.[/quote]

I remember her, and yes, she was a hot. She was a high recruit who never really panned out for the Lady Vols. I guess as a senior she did ok.

Dayum.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:26 pm 

She was working courtside earlier tonight for the SEC network. Still hot.

You think I have nothing to offer that lass? Wrong. I would have gone down under, something that no black guy would ever think of doing for her. And she would have loved it.

Wait a minute. She played women's college basketball. That has probably already happened somewhere in the past on a road trip. So, never mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
She was working courtside earlier tonight for the SEC network. Still hot.

You think I have nothing to offer that lass? Wrong. I would have gone down under, something that no black guy would ever think of doing for her. And she would have loved it.

Wait a minute. She played women's college basketball. That has probably already happened somewhere in the past on a road trip. So, never mind.

Terrell Owens paid for those uptops.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Feeling a little sad as Dr. Death has claimed another one of my high school buddies through lung cancer. I don't know if Bart smoked or not. I haven't seen him since college. He was recruited on a football scholarship to Auburn, but transferred to Carson Newman after a year. He was a bad ass wide receiver. After college he enlisted in the Marine Corp and lived in California after he got out.

I'd known him since I was eleven years old. We played pee wee football together and we reunited in high school after my family moved to the county and I transferred to his school. We partied often and chased the same girls. He was an all around good dude.

Semper Fi Bart.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next