Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I thought it time to start another thread for my thoughts, muses and protests about life. I actually find this therapeutic at times......

Where to begin. Ah yes, tomorrow is your Unca Ich's last day at work. I have been downsized once again! My company was acquired earlier this year, so it was only a matter of time before the ole' reorganization card was played. I'm not shocked, nor really upset as much as I'm disappointed. :tired:

So, any of you who know of a company needing a supply chain professional with 20 years under his belt...... You now where to find meh.

Mrs. Ich has appeared to have gotten used to Ichette's absence at the house during the week. (For those of you behind in their reading, Ichette left for college this fall) Ichette still comes home on the weekends for laundry and money.

She came home last Friday all upset because while she was working out at the college gym area, someone got into her backpack and stole her chemistry book, her cash and her bank card. She came in the door crying the blues about how SHE was ripped off.

I felt it necessary to ask her how she thought it was that SHE was ripped off. I mean, Ich is paying for the replacement chemistry book, I believe Ich replaced the cash, and the bank card was cancelled and replaced. So, isn't it logical to assume that ICH was the one ripped off?
:confused:

On a more happier note, meh leg seems to be improving. I can actually run for 5 miles at a time now without serious pain. Unfortunately, I can't do this consistently so that I can start training seriously again, but we're getting there.

I guess that's enough for now.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

Post subject: Re: Ichabod's Dementia-like Ramblings
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:59 pm 
I'm a tool.

Ichabod wrote:
[size=14]I thought it time to start another thread for my thoughts, muses and protests about life. I actually find this therapeutic at times......

Where to begin. Ah yes, tomorrow is your Unca Ich's last day at work. I have been downsized once again! My company was acquired earlier this year, so it was only a matter of time before the ole' reorganization card was played. I'm not shocked, nor really upset as much as I'm disappointed. :tired:

So, any of you who know of a company needing a supply chain professional with 20 years under his belt...... You now where to find meh.

Are you serious? My wife's company is hiring. They're a big defense industry company needing supply chain managers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Totally, check you e-mail, please. :)

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:32 pm 
I'm a tool.

check yo's! or PM whatever the hell it's called now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:

^proof of how cool Cap is^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:04 pm 
I'm a tool.

Ichabod wrote:
Totally, check you e-mail, please. :)
Oh yeah. And there's a rumor that Pepsico is hiring Supply Chain folk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
cap wrote:

^proof of how cool Cap is^

no cap is just luring ich to a secluded place to donkey punchkill him and then cash his social security checks for the next 12 years. at least that is what i am going to do next time i "have a job" for some forum spare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:boggle: x 10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:45 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Okay, life is definitely having its fun with your Unca Ich. I go out to the car this morning for my last day at the office and my f'n car won't start! The starter sound like its crapped the bed!

Now I can use some of my severance package to have the car towed and install a new starter! :mad:

Life is funneh at times, at other times,....... not so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:48 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Okay, the day's ending with a little symmetry. The car was suffering from a dead battery and I have a phone interview on Tuesday! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:17 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Okay, the day's ending with a little symmetry. The car was suffering from a dead battery and I have a phone interview on Tuesday! :D

Kickass!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:15 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, today is your Unca Ich's official first day of unemployment. I cleaned out the Ich cube on Friday into 5 boxes which are now sitting in the garage.

So, how do I plan on spending my first day you ask. Will I call Captains of Industry to offer my services? Will I head to the unemployment line and then over to the food bank? Will I slip into the handout line with the rest of the Katrina evacuees for a debit card and a apartment voucher?

No, today I have jury duty! How would yoou like to be the poor soul who is up on a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge and have my bitter ass sitting in the jury box?!?! :shock: I will recommend the death penalty for any sumbitch I perceive to have offended the laws of the fair town of McKinney!

For the sake of the accused, let's hope your Unca Ich is dismissed early today.

Last edited by Ichabod on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:39 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Well, today is your Unca Ich's official first day of unemployment. I cleaned out the Ich cube on Friday into 5 boxes which are not sitting in the garage.

So, how do I plan on spending my first day you ask. Will I call Captains of Industry to offer my services? Will I head to the unemployment line and then over to the food bank? Will I slip into the handout line with the rest of the Katrina evacuees for a debit card and a apartment voucher?

No, today I have jury duty! How would yoou like to be the poor soul who is up on a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge and have my bitter ass sitting in the jury box?!?! :shock: I will recommend the death penalty for any sumbitch I perceive to have offended the laws of the fair town of McKinney!

For the sake of the accused, let's hope your Unca Ich is dismissed early today.

Wow. Uncle Ich's about to dish out blind, bitter justice.

*glad it's not me*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:36 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

hope all goes well with the interview tomorrow, ich. getting downsized sucks. It happened to me a few years back. At first I was a little dissapointed, but then realized it was the perfect chance for me to go to school and get the degree I felt I needed. Now, I make signs.

Aw, fuck it. :click: :tired:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:00 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Uncle Ich:

My condolences on the loss of your job; I feel your pain. After being layed off in 2002, then flat out fired in 2004, I decided to make a change. Rather than continue to be a slave to the man, I struck out on my own. Rather than finding another job whre I made money fro soemone else, I decided to try to do it for myself.

I had a hard time convincing my wife that I could not continue to provide her with a bottomless checkbook without having a paycheck on the 1st and 15th, but once she learned what a "budget" was she started to adapt. It was (and still is) a bit frightening to no have any "security", but I would rather control my own destiny than have a nameless, faceless corporation or some no-nothing asshole in control of my financial future.

Now, instead of fucking my employer out of a paycheck, I have people fucking me out of a paycheck. It is a whole new set of headaches and asswhips, but it is worth it. I work much harder than I used to, but I enjoy it more. I have more flexibility and more freedom to do what I want to.

Doing your own thing not work for you, but it is worth considering. If I knew then what I know now, I would have done this years ago.

Good luck,

EWW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:35 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I was dismissed form jury duty first thing this morning! I think it was because I showed up carrying my own noose....... I'm convinced that government is just not interested in hearing ideas from private citizens that can speed up the court system! :mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:25 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hugs to EWW and Sweet Greggo by the way :soppy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:45 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:babyarm: good luck, ich!!! knock em dead! if that doesn't work, kill em! really!

Just kidding!

ps: i'm not kidding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:13 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

If you want to make some fast money and dont mind travel, you can get a Property and Casualty Adjusters License and work as an insurance adjuster in Beaumont, N.O. or Mississippi. There are firms that hire licensed adjusters as consultants to do nothing more than write up damage assessments on company forms. These consultants can make anywhere from $400 to $1000 a day.

There are classes you can take to get the license; the class costs about $500 and and lasts a week. If you want more info, e-mail me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:34 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Okay, I'm just wondering.......

After you take your bath towels out of the washing machine, shouldn't they, by definition, already be dry?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Going to the AAC tonight. Taking the family to see Trans Siberian Orchestra..... This will be our 4th year to see their show.

Mrs. Ich and I went the first time by accident because we thought we were going to see Manheim Steamroller! Fortunately, we got to see a much better show.

Classical music and Les Pauls kicks ass! :rockon:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trans Siberian Orchestra rawked that house last night.! :rockon:

Mrs Ich and I surprised Ichette and Ich Jr with front row seats. They were both bowled over. (I bought the tickets pre lay-off). Concert was a lot of fun with many hot 20 something girls singing and whipping their hair in unison. The musicians absolutely kicked ass!

To say Ichette enjoyed the concert is an understatement as she screamed and begged the lead guitarist to make me a grandfather on the spot! :eek:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:bananadance: Gotta Dance!

:hrn: Gotta toot meh horn!

That's right! Starting Monday your Unca Ich is officially off the welfare doles! I am EMPLOYED! :dance:

Got a distribution management gig in Allen, which is right down the road from my house (SWEET!).

Went and peed in the cup this morning and passed my physical. Under the circumstances, I didn't even mind having to turn my head and cough! :shock:

To celebrate, this evening I plan to knock the bottom out of Mrs. Ich and, at the point of my gorgasm, do my best impression of a fainting goat! (Replays will be available after midnight on Codscam 24)

Last edited by Ichabod on Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Congrats Unca Ich! :twirl:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

congrats and gross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:

That's right! Sarting Monday your Unca Ich is officially off the welfare doles! I am EMPLOYED! :dance:

Got a distribution management gig in Allen, which is right down the road from my house (SWEET!).

Went and peed in the cup this morning and passed my physical. Under the circumstances, I didn't even mind having to turn my head and cough! :shock:

To celebrate, this evening I plan to knock the bottom out of Mrs. Ich and, at the point of my gorgasm, do my best impression of a fainting goat! (Replays will be available after midnight on Codscam 24)

Kickass!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That is great news!! :fist:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

Captain Beefheart wrote:
congrats and gross

:babyarm:

emphasis on the gross part

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Captain Beefheart wrote:
congrats and gross

:cool: Double Victory! See, I am back in the groove!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Captain Beefheart wrote:
congrats and gross

:cool: Double Victory! See, I am back in the groove!

Gross old fucker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:

That's right! Starting Monday your Unca Ich is officially off the welfare doles! I am EMPLOYED! :dance:

awesome. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mallard Toss wrote:
Congratulations, Ich. The older the buck, the stiffer the horn. ;)

Goddamn, you fuckers get seedy as you get older.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mallard Toss wrote:
wiggity wrote:
Mallard Toss wrote:
Congratulations, Ich. The older the buck, the stiffer the horn. ;)

Goddamn, you fuckers get seedy as you get older.

:D :babyarm: :D

That's right, sonny.

*looks at drivers license*
*sees age at 36*
:eek:
Damn, I'm comin' around the corner to meet you fuckers, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mallard Toss wrote:
Yes you are, Walt; yes, you are. Let's hoist some Mineral Oil and OJ's ("Piledrivers") tomorrow night? Whadda you say?

:dep: :babyarm2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:22 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, today has been very trying. Ich Jr, took a tumble down the stairs and appears to have strained and/or torn some ligaments in his ankle! :eek: Scared the crap out of me.

Took him to the doctor and for X-rays, then brought him home. He was in extreme pain until I filled his prescription for Vicoden.............. He has now developed a deep southern accent and keeps talking about screwing whores. :eek:

A trying day indeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:06 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

i hope that it is not sorry that my first instinct was to fund said whores. but seriously i wish a speedy recovery for ich jr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:07 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Well, today has been very trying. Ich Jr, took a tumble down the stairs and appears to have strained and/or torn some ligaments in his ankle! :eek: Scared the crap out of me.

Took him to the doctor and for X-rays, then brought him home. He was in extreme pain until I filled his prescription for Vicoden.............. He has now developed a deep southern accent and keeps talking about screwing whores. :eek:

A trying day indeed.

dang it! Hope he gets recovered quick, Uncle Ich.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:05 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

sorry to hear it, ich. hope the luttle bugger is up and at em soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Thanks to all for your concern :soppy: Turns out that the x-ray reveals a broken heel. Making an appointment with the orthopedic octor tomorrow.

Meantime, the combination of watching Ich Jr on vicadine and watching South Park equals hilarity. I guess narcotics enhance the humor of Cartman as Ich Jr is about to fall out of his bed! :D

On a more serious note, I have to figure out a way to...... (sob) tell Ich Jr his track career is over!

Okay, Okay, gallows humor, I know.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mallard Toss wrote:
How old is your son? He'll heal quickly and be back on the track in no time.

He turns 17 next week....

Took him today to see the orthopedic surgeon who worked on his back a few years ago. Turns out that there is no fracture! Said he pulled ligaments and should be back to "normal" in about six weeks. Wrapped his ankle and put him in a boot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:26 pm 
:cool: Ich.

He'll be ok. Coulda been worse. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Muff Divin wrote:
:cool: Ich.

He'll be ok. Coulda been worse. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 885 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next