Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV Talk
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
Did you ever get told "that's not it" when you were young and vaginas were hard to find?

As a young Ichabod back in the mid 70s I had difficulty in navigating through pubic hair... My first attempt at performing an act of great admiration on my girlfriend resulted in her yanking my head out of her nether region by the hair of my head in frustration. The only thing I accomplished was to floss my teeth for 10 minutes. :???:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:22 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We finished S1 of Fargo last night. Boy, that Lester Nygaard was a despicable dude. I'm happy for Molly and Gus. I wonder what ever became of Mr. Wrench. Great show. We're gonna get started on S2 weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:02 am 
Site Admin

Started watching Downton Abbey the other night. It's pretty good. We actually tried last week, but we were super confused after the first 2 episodes. After a bit of research as to what exactly I was watching and why it got great reviews, it turns out we watched the first two episodes of season 5. So yeah. The Amazon Prime interface sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:24 am 
Site Admin

or somesuch wrote:
The Amazon Prime interface sucks.

:babyarm: Amazon prime interface for both the video and music is just terrible. Amazon prime music is so bad I'm about to go back to paying for spotify.

One thing that isn't terrible is that new original series on Amazon called Red Oaks. It's about some dude in College who works as a assistant tennis pro for a country club. It seemed pretty campy at first but I've enjoyed it and found it pretty funny. It's got a pretty good cast. Paul Reiser plays a great asshole and it also has Jennifer Grey and Richard Kind as the protagonist's parents.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Mrs. Ich and I are 2 episodes into The Leftovers... Surreal, but I'm definitely interested at this point.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
Did you ever get told "that's not it" when you were young and vaginas were hard to find?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CoDa7542Oo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Mrs. Ich and I are 2 episodes into The Leftovers... Surreal, but I'm definitely interested at this point.

Just started season 2. Wow, but this show is bizarre.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

Stick with it. It will all be explained. Sorta.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:35 pm 

Anybody else watching Making a Murderer on Netflix?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Spaz wrote:
Anybody else watching Making a Murderer on Netflix?

Ich Jr and Ichette & her husband are watching. They're all hooked.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:18 am 

It's fucked up. I wish tweez was here to discuss the obvious bullshittery of the justice system

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:13 am 

Bar Rescue used to be good. Now, it's just another obviously scripted, overhyped reality show.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
Ichabod wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

Stick with it. It will all be explained. Sorta.

I watched the episode that ended with the child and the well on Sunday night. Holy fuck. I couldn't sleep after that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:28 pm 

The book was horseshit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:27 pm 
Site Admin

anyone else interested in the X-files miniseries? I used to love that show as a kid till it jumped the shark towards the end.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:54 pm 

How much of the original should I watch?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:18 pm 
Site Admin

I think by season 7 it started to get pretty bad. Pretty much all the best episodes are "monster of the week" one offs so you could just find a list and watch those. The "Home" episode is still probably the scariest thing I've seen on network TV.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:50 pm 

Spaz wrote:
It's fucked up. I wish tweez was here to discuss the obvious bullshittery of the justice system

He'd be on the side of the judicial system and the police. Fucker.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:42 pm 

fart wrote:
Spaz wrote:

He'd be on the side of the judicial system and the police. Fucker.

No question

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

it would have been a fun thread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:40 pm 
I'm a tool.

he would have been right

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:40 am 

cap wrote:
he would have been right

Did you watch it?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:40 am 

Wish this was on Netflix, not Hulu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:28 am 

I have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime. Anyone else loaded with cash like me? I even pay the extra for Hulu to take out the commercials.

I will watch that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:46 am 
I'm a tool.

looks interesting, but i won't watch it. they effed up traffic when making it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We're thinking of cutting the cable (we do this about once a year.) Anyone have any experience with HD antennas? Good/bad/what to avoid?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:26 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
We're thinking of cutting the cable (we do this about once a year.) Anyone have any experience with HD antennas? Good/bad/what to avoid?

It varies from place to place. We got great reception in our old place, but the new place can be spotty on some channels. It's great for local news, but we still have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and some other online networks. Other than that, don't really miss much

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I pretty much got it figured out. Already got Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. Gonna get Sling with HBO and a couple Tivos. Should cut the bill in half. The only thing I don't see that I think I'll miss is FX so I'll have to wait on any new Fargo and Louie. Mrs Tit says she doesn't need locals that much but I'll probably get an antenna anyway. If it doesn't match the interior decor though it could be a problem.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:04 pm 

kodi is your friend. Look it up buddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
I pretty much got it figured out. Already got Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. Gonna get Sling with HBO and a couple Tivos. Should cut the bill in half. The only thing I don't see that I think I'll miss is FX so I'll have to wait on any new Fargo and Louie. Mrs Tit says she doesn't need locals that much but I'll probably get an antenna anyway. If it doesn't match the interior decor though it could be a problem.

If you like spotes, cutting the cord is bad, but not as bad as it used to be. SlingTV is okay, but the feed can get really bad to unwatchable during peak times, like say a new Walking Dead episode or a high profile game on ESPN. Prepare to be frustrated. (You can always use the watchESPN app to watch the channel, it's usually pretty reliable). You WILL want a Roku3 to watch SlingTV on. The app is shit on everything else.

You've stated you get the MLB season pass before, so you're covered on beisbol. If you want to watch the Rangers beat up the Yanks though you'll need to jump through a hoop or 2, since "blackout rules apply". No Astros games either since apparently they think Houston is just in the next county :rolleyes: You will be out of luck if you want to watch mavvy or Stars, since there's no good way to get FSSW yet.

As far away from Cedar Hills as you are you will need a decent antenna. Go here to see which one you should get. Personally I would stay away from the "HD" antennas (wtf a signal is a signal) and get yourself a decent attic mounted directional antenna instead. It will pull in the network channels and all the Mexican you can watch. The one I have cost like $50 at Walmart. My tv is on a stand in the corner, so I actually have the antenna mounted on the back of the stand.

Last edited by Sweet Greggo on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:42 pm 

We are bailing on cable too when contract is up this spring and I'm not bluffing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:02 am 
I'm a tool.

and you're serious?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:37 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

If you like spotes, cutting the cord is bad, but not as bad as it used to be. SlingTV is okay, but the feed can get really bad to unwatchable during peak times, like say a new Walking Dead episode or a high profile game on ESPN. Prepare to be frustrated. (You can always use the watchESPN app to watch the channel, it's usually pretty reliable). You WILL want a Roku3 to watch SlingTV on. The app is shit on everything else.

You've stated you get the MLB season pass before, so you're covered on beisbol. If you want to watch the Rangers beat up the Yanks though you'll need to jump through a hoop or 2, since "blackout rules apply". No Astros games either since apparently they think Houston is just in the next county :rolleyes: You will be out of luck if you want to watch mavvy or Stars, since there's no good way to get FSSW yet.

As far away from Cedar Hills as you are you will need a decent antenna. Go here to see which one you should get. Personally I would stay away from the "HD" antennas (wtf a signal is a signal) and get yourself a decent attic mounted directional antenna instead. It will pull in the network channels and all the Mexican you can watch. The one I have cost like $50 at Walmart. My tv is on a stand in the corner, so I actually have the antenna mounted on the back of the stand.

Thanks for the info. That's good to know about Sling cuz that's gonna be a big player if we go thru with this. As antennas go, my house isn't ideally set up for that. Attic-mount is out (2 story house, yo) and the living room is centrally located with the only exterior wall facing north. Sling is offering a discount on what looks like a decent HD antenna for signing up with them so I may just give it a shot and if it doesn't work the wallet doesn't take that big of a hit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:51 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

Thanks for the info. That's good to know about Sling cuz that's gonna be a big player if we go thru with this. As antennas go, my house isn't ideally set up for that. Attic-mount is out (2 story house, yo) and the living room is centrally located with the only exterior wall facing north. Sling is offering a discount on what looks like a decent HD antenna for signing up with them so I may just give it a shot and if it doesn't work the wallet doesn't take that big of a hit.

Sling has no contracts, so if it doesn't work out you can bail any time. You may want to get it a month or so before you cut the cord and test it first. Usually they offer $50 off a Roku3 or FireTV or somesuch for paying 3 months in advance. Definitely get that Roku3, I can't stress that enough.

I say attic mount just because that's what mine technically is, but I don't have it in the attic. It's basically a mini directional. From what I read they are the best if you're farther away. And don't get suckered by the "HD antenna" terminology. Any antenna will pull in the digital signal. My tv is set up in a manor that I can hide the thing behind it but you may not be able to. Do yourself a favor and research before you buy cos not all of those things are created equal. There's a huge cordcutting movement happening so there is plenty of info online.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:02 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I have a Roku2 but the new Tivos have all that stuff built into them. Of course, I don't see Sling on their website so this could be one of those nothing's perfect situations. I'm starting to lean toward F the antenna. We watch so little network TV as it is. And as we learned during those recent tornados, you can watch everything on the WFAA app on your phone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:41 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Now I'm learning about Tablo. Hardware would cost me half what Tivo would and works with Roku which I already have. And Tivo does not have Sling or HBO at the moment. This shit is complicated, but I'm learning some kickass stuff about cutting the cable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:04 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Pretty much the only time we watch network is when there are sports on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:56 am 

Superstore---a new sitcom from NBC. This show is pretty funny. Revolves around the wacky hijinks inside Cloud9, a walmarks type superstore.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:26 am 

Trained Goucho wrote:
Superstore---a new sitcom from NBC. This show is pretty funny. Revolves around the wacky hijinks inside Cloud9, a walmarks type superstore.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:22 am 

Matalo (or anybody) watching Ash v Evil Dead?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:30 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I watched the first 3 episodes. I dug it but I haven't gone back to catch up yet.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:12 am 

I watched the who season. Honestly and I hate to say it but it but it peaked on its first episode (directed by Raimi). Don't get me wrong I liked it but didn't love it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 40  Next