Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3362 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 81  Next
 Post subject: Movies I Watched This Weekend, Part 3: In 3D
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

*ignoring TC1's thread*

M - Fritz Lang/Peter Lorre from 1931. Somehow creepier than 99% of the thrillers that come out these days. Brilliant on several levels, and still relevant today.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (out of 5)

Me and You and Everyone We Know - Critics loved it, but I'm not afraid to admit I didn't get it. Interesting and entertaining enough, but I didn't see the overall point other than these are some fucked up people socially-speaking. It's like looking at a piece of art you don't understand.

:? :? :? (out of 5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:17 am 
Site Admin

Thirteen Days - One man's take on the American govt's reaction to the Soviets putting nuclear weapons in Cuba. I sat down to watch it and looked at the 145 minute running time and thought I was in for a snoozer - especially since we know how it ends. It flew by. Very good flick, even though Costner's accent was annoying.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: (out of 5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:00 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Wallace and Gromit Show - I had to miss about 15 minutes in the middle while Tit Jr took off out the theater. It was still entertaining and funny and shit. Lots of subtle sex stuff in it for a G rated movie.

:P :P :P :P (out of 5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:11 am 
Site Admin

or somesuch wrote:
Thirteen Days - One man's take on the American govt's reaction to the Soviets putting nuclear weapons in Cuba. I sat down to watch it and looked at the 145 minute running time and thought I was in for a snoozer - especially since we know how it ends. It flew by. Very good flick, even though Costner's accent was annoying.

:babyarm: I loved how it kept me on the edge of my seat even tho I already new the outcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:13 am 
I'm a tool.

fruitdog wrote:
or somesuch wrote:

:babyarm: I loved how it kept me on the edge of my seat even tho I already new the outcome.
I loved how I was paralyzed with fear even though I knew how it was goinig to end.:babyarm:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:17 am 

Herbie: Fully Loaded
Watched this pile of pig shit while flying to Vegas. I suppose it would be an ok movie for kids, but for a plane full of adults getting their drink on this was sheer torture. The only thing loaded here was me.

:P (out of 5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Exorcist III - Only watched it cuz I wanted to see this one scene that's supposed to be really scary. Takes place in a hospital corridor and features a nurse checking out shit. Really well done. The rest of the movie I couldn't give a shit about. Didn't even finish it, actually. Turned it off after the nurse scene.

:evil: :evil: (out of 5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Exorcist III - Only watched it cuz I wanted to see this one scene that's supposed to be really scary. Takes place in a hospital corridor and features a nurse checking out shit. Really well done. The rest of the movie I couldn't give a shit about. Didn't even finish it, actually. Turned it off after the nurse scene.

:evil: :evil: (out of 5)

i'd seen this movie when it came out and would get to close down the bar i worked at, all by me self. the building had many connecting rooms and shit. i always knew that possessed old lady was behind me with the bone shears. best part of the whole movie, which made it so much better than that sorry ass dick burton vehicle they called ii.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Land of the Dead - disembowelments = fun, and this one's got a lot of them.

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: (out of 5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

3D reminded me of I Love the 80s Part 3D, which pretty much sucked except for one thing: Nicole Eggert. She is still so.fucking.hot. She might be the person I jerked off to the most of all time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:22 pm 

Calvinator wrote:
Herbie: Fully Loaded
Watched this pile of pig shit while flying to Vegas. I suppose it would be an ok movie for kids, but for a plane full of adults getting their drink on this was sheer torture. The only thing loaded here was me.

:P (out of 5)

Did Lohans fun bags atleast make it somewhat worth while?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:45 am 
Site Admin

The Squid and the Whale - about a cheating wife and an asshole husband, and the reactions of the kids to their separation, as well as the reactions of the parents to what the other spouse was doing, with a touching story beneath it all. Had some very funny parts, a couple of disturbing parts. The oldest son is a tool. Laura Linney is an underrated hot for me. Only 80 minutes long.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: out of 5.

Last edited by or somesuch on Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:46 am 
I'm a tool.

or somesuch wrote:
The Squid and the Whale - about a cheating wife and an asshole husband, and the reactions of the kids to their separation, as well as the reactions of the parents to what the other spouse was doing. Had some very funny parts, a couple of disturbing parts. The oldest son is a tool. Laura Linney is an underrated hot for me. Only 80 minutes long.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: out of 5.
I hear ya, brutha :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:55 am 
Site Admin

Waking Ned Devine - an Irish tale of a dead man's winning lottery ticket and the friends who try to claim the money for themselves - only to finally realize that Ned would have wanted it different. Once you get past the thick accents, this movie is a good. A wholesome story with a sweet ending.

:) :) :) :) (out of 5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:09 am 
I'm a tool.

or somesuch wrote:
Waking Ned Devine - an Irish tale of a dead man's winning lottery ticket and the friends who try to claim the money for themselves - only to finally realize that Ned would have wanted it different. Once you get past the thick accents, this movie is a good. A wholesome story with a sweet ending.

overrated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:10 am 
Site Admin

not today, cap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:57 am 
I'm a tool.

even today it would suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:56 pm 

Currently watching GoldenEye. Easily Brosnan's best effort as Bond. Isabella Scorupcomakes my pants fly every where.

3.5 :cool: out of 5 :cool: .

Goddamnit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:58 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Are you kidding? I never bothered to watch the last two Bond movies after seeing that abortion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:00 pm 

bigboy wrote:
I never bothered to watch the last two Bond movies after seeing that abortion.

Hey Bigboy, Last 2?

Brosnan did 3 after GoldenEye.

Goddamnit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

2, 3, whatever. Goldeneye sucked ass and I didn't bother after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:05 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:lol: [/code]

some bitch whore that I'm gonna rape and kill just won the tv. - orsomesuch 9-30-2005

Last edited by mesorivas on Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:06 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
fruitdog wrote:
or somesuch wrote:

I loved how I was paralyzed with fear even though I knew how it was goinig to end.:babyarm:

:babyarm:I loved how my sphincter quivered in anticipation for an already known ending.

some bitch whore that I'm gonna rape and kill just won the tv. - orsomesuch 9-30-2005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:10 pm 

bigboy wrote:
2, 3, whatever. I didn't bother after that.

That I agree with you on.

Goddamnit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Interpreter - I don't know why no one liked this one. I thought it was goodsmart. Subtitles a kind of a must, so maybe that's what made the difference.

:-o :-o :-o :-o (out of 5)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Miracle: best sports movie since Johnny Be Good. Movies like this remind me of a better time when I could just hate an entire country instead of an entire religion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

Wedding Date - typical romantic comedy. two good looking people, blah, blah, blah. Start to like each other, blah, blah, blah. Get angry with each other, blah, blah, blah. End up together in the end, blah, blah, blah.

2.2 out of 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Jarhead -- A very good movie made up of many great scenes, yet may not be equal to the sum of its parts. Stil recomended, though.

Trailers:

The Howard Stern promo: funny.
King Kong: so very in.
Munich: Time for Mr. Spielberg to win another Oscar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:06 pm 

Just got through watching Bond #6, On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969).

Excellent movie. Good Bond girl, GREAT Bond. Creepy villain.

:D :D :D :D .9999999 out of 5 :D

Goddamnit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:42 pm 

cap wrote:
or somesuch wrote:

overrated

DENIED...WND is an excellent flick, particularly if you like the Irish culture...the drinking itself is worth the price of admission...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:43 pm 
I'm a tool.

RayinDallas wrote:
cap wrote:
or somesuch wrote:

overrated

DENIED...WND is an excellent flick, particularly if you like the Irish culture...the drinking itself is worth the price of admission...
you can't understand them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:46 pm 

cap wrote:
RayinDallas wrote:
cap wrote:
or somesuch wrote:

overrated

you can't understand them.

Some Irish / Celtic slang, but once you catch on to the sing-song prose it very understandable....read Tis, and you'll pick it up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:38 pm 

**Mad Hat Ballroom**
Loved it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:50 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sideways - Eh, over-rated, clap, clap, clap clap clap. It was mildly amusing in some parts, laugh out loud funny in a few (the part where he sneaks in to get the wallet made me giggle), but it was not the yuck fest it was touted to be. Chalk it up to me being a redneck simpleton if you like, but I didn't think it was much more than a gayed-out buddy flick.

:drinkbuds::drinkbuds: out of five.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:47 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
the part where he sneaks in to get the wallet made me giggle

You just dug the full-on old man dong shot, didn't you? Admit it, ya fag!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:13 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, duh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:26 pm 

bigboy wrote:
Sideways - Eh, over-rated, clap, clap, clap clap clap. It was mildly amusing in some parts, laugh out loud funny in a few (the part where he sneaks in to get the wallet made me giggle), but it was not the yuck fest it was touted to be. Chalk it up to me being a redneck simpleton if you like, but I didn't think it was much more than a gayed-out buddy flick.

:drinkbuds::drinkbuds: out of five.

Then you're probably a big fan of Adam Sandler comedies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:16 pm 
Quietly Resting in SUSPENDED animation

Batman Begins - Watched about the first 10-15 minutes of it and turned that shit off. How gay can a movie be?

0 out of 5
:o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:28 pm 
I'm a tool.

stinkfinger wrote:
Batman Begins - Watched about the first 10-15 minutes of it and turned that shit off. How gay can a movie be?

0 out of 5
:o
you're pretty gay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

stinkfinger wrote:

If you really wanna know, try watching one of the Schumacher Batman movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:45 pm 

Bigboy... so you think Sideways and Batman Begins are both horrible? WOW. I'm interested in your top 5 list then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3362 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 81  Next