Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: racing series other than NASCAR-2010
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Holy god.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:57 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:18 pm 

I can't find the image that doesn't have the twitter thingy over it. Here's the link at Sports by Brooks:

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/jenn-ster ... look-28688

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:57 pm 

After declaring that I wasn't watching the Toronto race, I actually attempted to see some of it before the Rangers came on. Will Power won again. What a bad place to race. Kinda reminds me of the Dallas Grand Prix.

There were several crashes early on, and this bogged things down.

Somehow, Danica finished sixth.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
Somehow, Danica finished sixth.

That's better than what Junebug usually does.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:47 pm 

Noticed today that Mrs. Hoob was watching the F1 race in Germany. Learned later that the fuckers (or fokkers) at Ferrari did the old "team orders" thing again, this time making Felipe Massa move over for Fernando Alonzo and let Alonzo win. The radio message to Massa was that Alonzo was faster. Massa followed orders, slowed down, and let Alonzo pass.

Ferrari was fined $100 k for this. BF deal on that.

With all of that, millions of people STILL insist that this series is superior to NASCAR. Really? How can they say that now? These people would argue with a brick wall and are dumbasses.

Indycar is superior to F1. So is all motorcycle racing. Hell, racing at the Bullring at Boyd is superior to Formula 1.

http://www.thatsracin.com/2010/07/25/41 ... -lead.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:02 am 

Stuff I've learned about the Indy Racing League:

1. They are dropping the Indy Racing League name and just going with Indy Car. Back in the 90s they sued CART for attempting to use the Indy Car name. At the time, CART wasn't racing at Indianapolis. When the IRL split with CART, I sided with the IRL. I think I'm one of the few who did that.

2. They have picked up the Milwaukee Mile again. Fail.

3. They have dropped 4 tracks from the schedule: Chicagoland Speedway, Kansas Speedway, Watkins Glen and Homestead-Miami Speedway.

4. They are going to New Hampshire to race. If that place is boring as hell in NASCAR, it's not going to be any better with open wheel cars.

Really, is any of this good news? Nope.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:20 pm 

I see that Dario Franchitti won the points championship for the 2010 racing season. And nobody cares.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:57 pm 

Greg Biffle wins at Kansas. I bet NASCAR is mad because a Ford won. Jimmie Johnson took over the points lead. Kyle Busch got intentionally crashed by David Reutimann, which made me laugh.

Let's look at the June Bug racing team and how they did:

2. Jimmie Johnson
5. Jeff Gordon
14. Mark Martin
22. June Bug, one lap down

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
I see that Dario Franchitti won the points championship for the 2010 racing season. And nobody cares.

Hoob.

who?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:32 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
jim jack wrote:

Hoob.

who?

I think it's that chick from Beavis and Butthead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:34 am 

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
jim jack wrote:

Hoob.

who?

I think it's that chick from Beavis and Butthead.

cha cha cha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:52 pm 

One of the more sad stories in racing is that of Shane Hmiel (pronounced 'meal'), who was trying to work his way through NASCAR but had three failed drug tests. Shane's dad was a respected crew chief and those of us who followed the game were familiar with Dad.

Having been banned from NASCAR, Shane was racing USAC Silver Crown cars which race on dirt tracks.

Anyway, he was seriously injured in a race this weekend at Terre Haute, Indiana and is in ICU and in serious condition.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:40 pm 

Soooo, the F1 series has a race at Brazil in the next to last race of the season.

A Brazilian prosecutor has warned Ferrari's Felippe Massa that if he does the "team orders" thing and lets Fernando Alonso pass him, his ass will get put in jail.

Massa is not in contention for the title, but Alonso is. In his career, Massa has twice been ordered to pull over and let someone else win.

It's amazing that this is the most expensive series to run in, but it has stupid crap like this happening all the time. It's about as legit as wrestling.

It's one more reason why I hate the shit out of phony F1. It started sliding downhill when Jackie Stewart retired in 1973.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:56 pm 

We vanquish our opponent, then we become like them.

Today while listening to the Dick Hicks racing CD I hear that Chevrolet is coming back to Indycar. Good on that, I thought to myself.

However, I did some reading on it and discovered that they are going back to turbocharged engines. Not good. I preferred the normally aspirated engines that sounded like a bunch of angry lawn mowers.

I hate this news. Let the pussies overseas run the turbocharged engines that use jet fuel and alpaca piss to power their motorcars. That crap has already failed here before.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:35 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I was bigtime disappointed at my first indy race at the speedway (way back in '97) because the cars didn't sound like a swarm of angry bees like they did on tv.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:03 am 

I see that Tony Kanaan has been released from Andretti-Green racing because his sponsor, 7-11 has dropped them. This is disappointing to old Hoob.

While looking up Tony's age, I learned that his real name is Antoine Rizkallah Kanaan Filho and he is from Brazil (which I knew) and is Lebanese, which I didn't know.

Tony is 35 and has a lot of racing left in him. Kyle Busch has approached him about driving in the trucks series but Tony hopes to stay in open wheel racing.

This is a good move by Kyle. Tony is one of my faves in the IRL and for him to get into NASCAR would be great.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 am 

The evil German Sebastian Vettel won the F1 championship for 2010. To do this he had to win the season-ending race at Abu Dhabi.

This guy is the biggest douche in F1 but at least he had to actually win the last race of the year to get the title. Add to that he doesn't drive for Ferrari, the kings of "team orders."

So there goes a failed year for F1. I probably watched 8 of their races this year, maybe totaling 90 minutes in all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I stayed away from that race.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:50 pm 
Site Admin

Me too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:57 pm 

I love racing, but I hate drag racing. I've tried to like it but just can't unless the twice-married and divorced Angelle Sampey and her knockers are involved. Wait a minute. She's retired.

Well, hell, I lost my train of thought. This post is about John Force, who I've never been able to like. I've tried. He tries to be engaging and he's always cheerful. However, he's annoying to anyone above a third grade education.

Racing funny cars is dangerous, and old John was injured in 2007 at the Billy Meyer drag strip in Anus, Texas. However, he came back to win the title this year in miraculous fashion. He's still sponsored by Castrol? When he finally does die I bet they sponsor his casket.

This is Hoob, and I hate drag racing.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:46 pm 

How do you die after winning a race? If you race motorcycles, it's not hard at all:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/fro ... car-290118

For those who don't want to click on the link, a guy won a race, then was hit from behind when he slowed after the checker flag and was drilled from behind by another rider who was going 124 mph. On a motorcycle, that's lethal.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:56 am 
I'm a tool.

now that's a good race car post. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:58 pm 

F1's head honcho is a guy named Bernie Ecclestone. He got the shit beat out of him by muggers recently and they stole his Hublot watch and jewelry.

His after-mugging photo was used in a Hublot ad that read, "See what people will do for a Hublot."

http://www.thatsracin.com/2010/12/07/53 ... -face.html

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 pm 

F1's Mark Webber secretly raced with a broken shoulder. How did he do this?

MOUNTAIN BIKING!

According to the article, he has had two different injuries incurred during mountain biking. At least he wasn't popping wheelies in a parking lot on a motorcycle.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/08/mark ... -shoulder/

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:34 pm 

How did I miss this bit of dumbassery by F1?

It appears that the Renault team ordered Nelson Piquet Jr. to crash his car at a race in Singapore and cause a safety car situation. In F1, this is the same as a yellow flag. Piquet obeyed orders and his teammate made up the ground he needed and won the race.

When Piquet and his famous dad complained in public, Renault said the Piquets were lying and made the story up to keep his job. Piquet sued for libel and won. This case was resolved last week.

However, he can't get a job in F1 now and is racing in the truck series in the States. Shame.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/f1 ... id=5895008

Hoob.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Why would he obey orders just to complain about it later? If you're uncomfortable doing something then don't do it. What a pussy.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:58 pm 

In Indy Cars, Panther racing signed some guy named J.R. Hildebrand to drive for them. They even have a sponsor. The only reason why I posted this is, this guy is an American.

This team used to be big in the IRL, having won two championships with Sam Hornish. Their last win was in 2005, a Tomas Scheckter victory at Texas.

Stay hard, J.R.

Hoob.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:53 pm 

I have this thing about wanting Americans to win the Indy Car series, but I still like some of the foreign drivers. Tony Kanaan is an example.

Even though Tony has won 14 races and a championship, he got dropped by his sponsor 7-11 and as a result, got dropped by Andretti/Green, a top team in the series. Hoob was sad over this.

I see that he has signed with his good friend Gil de Ferran and will drive for his team. Fail. Gil may be his buddy but it won't work. This team is under-funded and as of today, unsponsored.

Dang it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:03 am 

Oh, wow. It looks like Austin is getting serious about F1.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/formula ... 65471.html

The firm that did the Death Star has been hired to do the design for the complex (but not the track) that will be southeast of the city.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:54 pm 

Here's something I didn't know.

Sarah Fisher retired from racing this year. I always considered her to be more of a racer than Danica but she never won. She did finish second in a race once and she qualified on the pole once. She also won several times in the sprint car ranks.

She's only 30, so look for her to be racing at Indy in May.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:51 pm 

And then we have the story of these F1 pussies complaining that there are too many buttons to push and these cars are going to be too complicated to drive:

http://www.thatsracin.com/2011/01/13/53 ... raris.html

Juan Manuel Fangio would hang his head in shame at this sort of talk.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sounds like it's time for the next generation to take over.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:33 pm 

Today I read a story about how Indy Cars are going to restart double-wide on oval tracks. NASCAR instituted this last year and it was deemed a success so the open wheel guys will try it now.

It will work at a double-groove track like Texas, but do we really need this at Indianapolis? No, we don't. Drivers are against it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/in ... id=6012838

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:40 pm 

Here is a story that makes me happy. Andretti racing has signed Mike Conway (Great Britain) as their fourth driver. I'm guessing he replaces Tony Kanaan, who was released after 7-Eleven dropped the team.

No sponsor has been named for Conway's car.

I like the guy because he's an underdog who did well at Indy. He nearly got kilt there last year because of a freak accident where he was going at full bore and the cars all around him were running out of gas. He hit one of them, causing bodily damage to his ass and other parts.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:39 pm 

It's time for the Formula One season to begin, but there's a problem. The opening race is scheduled for March 13 in Bahrain. The country has gone to hell in a handbasket with political turmoil.

As a result, F1 has cancelled the race there. By the way, there are only TWO F1 races in the western hemisphere: Canada (barely hanging on) and Brazil. The other 18 are in the east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:00 pm 

Well, crap. Tony Kanaan is out of a ride before the season even started.

He had signed with Gil deFerran Racing but they didn't have sponsorship. Because of the economics of Indycar racing, they can't find anyone to sponsor them. So a top-10 driver isn't going to get to drive in the series.

Amazing and sad.

Only 18 drivers have rides in Indycar right now. That's one of the things that is plaguing open wheel racing in America. Good drivers can't get rides, but people who bring their own sponsorships can. It sucks and I hate it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:08 am 
I'm a tool.

I got $5. Let's get an RR.com car.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:12 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

wekkadabuh wekka wek wekkadabuh wekkadabuh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:13 am 
Site Admin

cap wrote:
I got $5. Let's get an RR.com car.

$5 x about 15 posters = not enough to buy a car.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:14 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Wait, I got $10.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I got about treefiddy. boogity boogity boogity let's go racin!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next