Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | Thanks to everyone who donated to keep RR up and running!
Loading
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:48 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 7962
Sweet Greggo wrote:
jim jack wrote:
Man, oh man.

Kevin Harvick blames Jooooonyer for stunting NASCAR's growth.

Somebody is getting their pants booed off this weekend during driver introductions.


I love how "it's a little confusing" to them. They know joonyer's popularity is because of his asshole diddy who didn't have enough sense to stay off the wall.

One of my favorite digs to NASCAR fanatics is to tell them I'm a Jeff Gordon fan. When they ask why Gordon and not Dale I tell them it's because Gordon's a better driver. At least he can hit a wall and live! HA!

They don't like me much after that. :)


Stuff like this is why I like you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:40 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 7962
Darlington is this Sunday night. This is my favorite race of the year, and I can't wait. This track nearly disappeared from the schedule because of poor attendance and then a lawsuit from a dumbass from Plano who wanted two races at Texas.

But it's still on the schedule and I love it.

Stay away from this race.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:32 am 
Offline
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Posts: 16362
Location: moving mountains
jim jack wrote:
...This is my favorite race of the year... This track nearly disappeared from the schedule because of poor attendance... Stay away from this race.


:???:

_________________
Portfolio has been updated! (12/11) Someone put my fat ass to work! http://cargocollective.com/sweetgreggo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:42 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 7962
Watched the last 50 laps of the race on Sunday night. Meh.

Lately, this race has turned into a "throwback" weekend. Cars are painted up to remember their look 30 years ago. Some of the old sponsors are used where applicable. In some cases, they just change the look of the numbers like the old days. Obviously, all of the tobacco sponsors are gone.

I am not a fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:04 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 7962
I'm seeing a report that the great Robert Yates has died. I always associated him as the engine builder for Davey Allison, but he has been on the scene long after his time with Davey.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:24 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 7962
Kansas was today and this race was odd and for the most part, boring. There were some big wrecks, big drama, and even an odd disqualification. Martin Truex won for the 7th time this year, which means he won't win the championship for some stupid reason. Oh, and his team had a crew member die of a heart attack on Saturday. One of the crew members bawled like a big ol' baby after the checkers flew. Don't blame him a bit.

We are now to the round of 8 in the playoffs:

1. Martin Truex Jr., 4,069 points
2. Kyle Busch, 4,042 points
3. Brad Keselowski, 4,026 points
4. Kevin Harvick, 4,017 points
5. Jimmie Johnson, 4,017 points
6. Denny Hamlin, 4,014 points
7. Ryan Blaney, 4,009 points
8. Chase Elliott, 4,006 points

Next week is Martinsville, a short track that is in my top five.

Stay away from this race.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:34 pm 
Offline
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Posts: 16362
Location: moving mountains
jim jack wrote:
Martin Truex won for the 7th time this year, which means he won't win the championship for some stupid reason.


wut.

_________________
Portfolio has been updated! (12/11) Someone put my fat ass to work! http://cargocollective.com/sweetgreggo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:51 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 7962
Sweet Greggo wrote:
jim jack wrote:
Martin Truex won for the 7th time this year, which means he won't win the championship for some stupid reason.


wut.


The playoff system will get him somehow. He can dominate from here on out, then have a blown engine in the last race and won't win.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:51 pm 
Offline
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Posts: 16362
Location: moving mountains
jim jack wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
jim jack wrote:
Martin Truex won for the 7th time this year, which means he won't win the championship for some stupid reason.


wut.


The playoff system will get him somehow. He can dominate from here on out, then have a blown engine in the last race and won't win.


Ah. Well isn't that what the sports fan wants? I can tell you from watching EPL the last few years I absolutely HATE that there isn't a playoff, mainly because my team hasn't won.

_________________
Portfolio has been updated! (12/11) Someone put my fat ass to work! http://cargocollective.com/sweetgreggo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:27 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:09 am
Posts: 6399
yeah, god forbid the best team get crowned champion. why even have a season? lets just play a knockout tourney every few months.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:52 pm 
Offline
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Posts: 16362
Location: moving mountains
fruitdog wrote:
yeah, god forbid the best team get crowned champion. why even have a season? lets just play a knockout tourney every few months.


So do you grab your pitchfork whenever baseball/football/basketball/hockey start their playoffs?

I can understand both sides of the argument. If all teams play each other once home and once away then it makes sense that whoever won the most games is considered the best overall. The problem with that is there is a ton of giveup by the teams and fans of teams fall back and get out of reach of 1st, or at least of the top four. There's no excitement for anyone when there's 5-6 games to go and the 1st place team is up by 10 points, unless of course you are a fan of that 1st place team.

Playoffs can be seen as unfair because you can have a team that dominated all year vs a so-so team, but the so-so team gets super hot in the playoffs and squeaks out wins. See NY Giants for the ultimate example. Rangers are a good example of being on the wrong end of that scenario.

Which one's better? Who cares? SPORRRRRRRRRRRRRRTS!!! :fist:

_________________
Portfolio has been updated! (12/11) Someone put my fat ass to work! http://cargocollective.com/sweetgreggo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:00 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:09 am
Posts: 6399
American sports leagues have way more give up. It's a race to the bottom for draft position every year. Also, you do realize the bottom 3 teams get relegated to a lower division, right? That's the opposite of give up and it makes for some damn fine drama on both ends of the table. I love playoffs and I'm not looking to change sports in the US but you look like an idiot american when you say stupid shit like the EPL should get some playoffs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:31 pm 
Offline
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Posts: 16362
Location: moving mountains
Well I am an american idiot so it makes sense that I would say something like that. Also, I *did* say I wanted playoffs specifically because my team would have benefited. Also I *love* the fact that the bottom 3 get regulated. THAT is sports drama at it's finest.

_________________
Portfolio has been updated! (12/11) Someone put my fat ass to work! http://cargocollective.com/sweetgreggo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:56 pm
Posts: 8733
Location: dirty south
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Also I *love* the fact that the bottom 3 get regulated.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:22 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 7962
Dang. Not only is Danica out of the 10 car at the end of the season, they have a replacement driver in place and they stole the sponsorship from Richard Petty Motorsports.

Aric Almorola will drive the car for Tony Stewart, sponsor will be Smithfield Foods.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:26 pm 
Offline
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Posts: 16362
Location: moving mountains
or somesuch wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Also I *love* the fact that the bottom 3 get regulated.


Image


I wish I was hip enough to understand this reference.

_________________
Portfolio has been updated! (12/11) Someone put my fat ass to work! http://cargocollective.com/sweetgreggo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Posts: 16362
Location: moving mountains
jim jack wrote:
Dang. Not only is Danica out of the 10 car at the end of the season, they have a replacement driver in place and they stole the sponsorship from Richard Petty Motorsports.


6 months until she poses for Playboy.

_________________
Portfolio has been updated! (12/11) Someone put my fat ass to work! http://cargocollective.com/sweetgreggo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:56 pm
Posts: 8733
Location: dirty south
Sweet Greggo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Also I *love* the fact that the bottom 3 get regulated.


Image


I wish I was hip enough to understand this reference.


Relegate - what happens to the bottom 3 teams in the EPL.
Regulate - what Nate Dogg and Warren G were doing back in the '90s.

I was really proud of that one too. :/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:01 pm 
Offline
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:53 pm
Posts: 16362
Location: moving mountains
or somesuch wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Also I *love* the fact that the bottom 3 get regulated.


Image


I wish I was hip enough to understand this reference.


Relegate - what happens to the bottom 3 teams in the EPL.
Regulate - what Nate Dogg and Warren G were doing back in the '90s.

I was really proud of that one too. :/


:D Dangit! To be fair, my fingers are a loooooooong way from my brain. They don't always correctly type what I'm thinking.

_________________
Portfolio has been updated! (12/11) Someone put my fat ass to work! http://cargocollective.com/sweetgreggo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:49 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 7962
Phoenix was today and I stayed away from this race because it's not a good track. I regret this because:

1. Matt Kenseth won today. He's losing his ride at the end of the season and may have to retire. By the way, he and Joonyer started the same season. One of them has won a championship.

2. Chase Elliott contributed to the crash of Denny Hamlin by bumping him several times, and Denny finally blew a tire and crashed. Hamlin intentionally wrecked Chase a couple of weeks ago in an extremely dirty move. For the most part, fans approved of what happened today. But not Denny.

Next week is the season finale at Homestead. Truex, Keselowski, KyBusch, and Harvick have a shot at the championship. I hope Truex wins.

Stay away from this race.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:13 am 
Offline
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:57 pm
Posts: 7049
I'm very confident that Truex will find a way to fuck it up.

Has hoob seen the video of the tests on the road course set up at Charlotte? I'm very intrigued.

_________________
"She could sell you a house then give you the dripping cock hole after you pummeled her in the fart box and that pile of Arby's meat that she calls a pussy." - DK, 2004


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: If you are in need of sleep, here's a NASCAR thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:17 pm
Posts: 7962
Oh wow. I didn't think about seeing that online. That is extremely cool. This might actually be something new that NASCAR doesn't fuck up.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group