Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Kiffin Era Begins at Tennessee
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:58 pm 

rowdyhatinwalt wrote:
Of course, I would have too, but noone's knocking down the doors of truckdrivers to coach the Raiders.
*looks at pic of Tom Cable*
I retract that.
Noone's beating down the doors of truckdrivers to coach the Trojans.

Doesn't matter anyway because USC is about to lose a LOT of scholarships. I would LOVE for USC to get the SMU treatment, but that's wishful thinking. I'll settle for 6 wins for the next 5-6 years.

And Tom Cable looks like he's either left or about to hit the strip club.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well Boys, apparently Your Unca Ich has been overrating the Tennessee program all these years..... Apparently the best coach that we can interest in coming to Knoxville is from a tier 2 school and has a career losing record... :cry:

What the hell? Derek Dooley has an SEC pedigree by being the offspring of the great Vince Dooley who coached Georgia for many years. He was a walk-on athlete at Virginia where he got his degree and then got a JD from Georgia. So, that being said, he's obviously an man of intelligence, but It remains to be seen if he's ready to coach and recruit at the major level....

I'm underwhelmed by his hire and really scratching my head as to why an established top tier coach is not interested in Tennessee? :dunno:

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Sorry for your loss, Ich.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Well Boys, apparently Your Unca Ich has been overrating the Tennessee program all these years..... Apparently the best coach that we can interest in coming to Knoxville is from a tier 2 school and has a career losing record... :cry:

What the hell? Derek Dooley has an SEC pedigree by being the offspring of the great Vince Dooley who coached Georgia for many years. He was a walk-on athlete at Virginia where he got his degree and then got a JD from Georgia. So, that being said, he's obviously an man of intelligence, but It remains to be seen if he's ready to coach and recruit at the major level....

I'm underwhelmed by his hire and really scratching my head as to why an established top tier coach is not interested in Tennessee? :dunno:

I thought about you when I first heard this. I was on a call with a client in Tennessee (and they follow their football program) and he mentioned the dude's name. Until he said what school he was from, I could not place any kind of finger on the guy at all.
That suuuucks, Ich. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

They kind of screwed themselves by requiring the incoming head coach to most of the current coaching staff in place. I understand it helps them keep recruits but what about next year and the year after that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
They kind of screwed themselves by requiring the incoming head coach to most of the current coaching staff in place. I understand it helps them keep recruits but what about next year and the year after that.

The irony here is that the remaining coaches that Kiffin left behind have subsequently resigned and gone to new positions.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

All I can say is don't write off the new coach just yet. The past isn't always indicative of future success. Bill Belichick was a 5-11 Browns coach before he went on to all his winning in New England.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:56 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
All I can say is don't write off the new coach just yet. The past isn't always indicative of future success. Bill Belichick was a 5-11 Browns coach before he went on to all his winning in New England.

But that's before he figured out how to cheat.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

More Kiffin news.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tennessee's 2012 schedule was released a couple of weeks ago. Interesting to note that Arkansas was dropped from the schedule to accommodate playing Missouri.

Tennessee had a tough year ending with only one SEC win and losing to Kentucky for the first time since 1984. the kneejerkers are already calling for Dooley's head ignoring the fact that we lost our number 1 receiver and our quarterback to injury. Additionally, Dooley is still playing with inherited players who were mostly sophomores or freshmen.

Dooley will have to have 8 wins in 2012 to keep the pressure off of him. I hope it happens as having to hire yet another coach will continue this death spiral!