Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rangers 2019
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:43 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I know these guys eventually will tank and tank hard, but man are they fun to watch right now. Baby Shark is on fire and it seems like he has put the team on back. It's awesome to watch them grow up right before your very eyes.

Post subject: Re: Rangers 2019
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

12-7 :fist: fuck the Angels

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:33 pm 

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Their pitching is forcing them to live and die by the offense. They've won one game where they scored less than 5 runs and that was their one shutout. I'm surprised they've made it 15 games in and are middle of the pack in the division and a game above .500. Seven games in the next 2 weeks against the red hot Astros and the previously hot before boofing 4 straight Mariners might bring them back to Earth.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Their pitching is forcing them to live and die by the offense. They've won one game where they scored less than 5 runs and that was their one shutout. I'm surprised they've made it 15 games in and are middle of the pack in the division and a game above .500. Seven games in the next 2 weeks against the red hot Astros and the previously hot before boofing 4 straight Mariners might bring them back to Earth.

We already beat the Stros in one series. Fuck those dudes. The Silver Boot will be ours once again!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:49 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I would love to share your optimism, but that Stros team hasn't lost a game since the series here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:55 pm 

Mike Minor opened a can on the Angels. Love it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
Mike Minor opened a can on the Angels. Love it.

And now he's trade bait. Apparently the Rangers aren't sucking enough for JD.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

So Minor receiving interest from other teams is a knock on JD? Unreal.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:03 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
So Minor receiving interest from other teams is a knock on JD? Unreal.

You don't think JD floated his name out there?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:48 pm 

Suck it, Angels. You lost again and got swept by the pitiful Texas Rangers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:27 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This home plate ump must be blind in his left eye. He's wildly inconsistent on the left corner.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 7:17 am 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
This home plate ump must be blind in his left eye. He's wildly inconsistent on the left corner.

The left is very inconsistent

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:24 am 
Site Admin

cap wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

The left is very inconsistent

:shoehorn: like a mug.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:10 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Wow. Rangers just need to buy new sheets, cause there is no way they are gonna clean the shit outta that bed. What an ugly finish.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:52 pm 

Evan Grant
‏Verified account @Evan_P_Grant
4h4 hours ago

Rangers are retiring Michael Young’s No. 10 on August 31. A move that is overdue and deserved

--------------------------

Hoob's take on this: I hate retiring numbers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I think the practice is a little overused especially with the Rangers and their small window of success, but I can't get real bent out of shape over retiring his number. Yeah, he bitched and threw fits in the offseason over getting moved around the field, but he always played full out when it counted and he was the only player that looked like he gave a damn on some really bad teams.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 am 
Site Admin

I guess I agree. I tried to get worked up about it and fight with Evan's twitter followers who seem to think he's MLB HOF worthy, but quickly realized I don't really care.

The Rangers HOF and retired numbers seem kind of cheap at this point.

I'm still sour on him from game 6 and 2012.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:59 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Yeah, he bitched and threw fits in the offseason over getting moved around the field,

This morning Junior mention him moving around and said he "never complained"... what the hell is that revisionist history? Young's bitching and rapidly deteriorating defense is what really turned me off of him. Seemed like at least once a game I yelled "Ole!" at the tv while he let a ball roll past him.

And don't get me started on game 6. :mad:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
I'm still sour on him from game 6 and 2012.

Thank you for remembering. People bitch about Cruz's no-catch (and rightly so) but I never see anyone criticizing Young for his 2 errors that cost us 3 runs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

You're welcome. I actually don't remember his errors. I remember two hard hit balls to 1B that he swiped at to protect his face and they went as singles. Maybe those were the errors or maybe there were two additional plays, but Mitch would have made the plays. I remember something along the lines of the camera cutting to Wash and him saying "we gotta get him out of there" (then proceeded to trot him out there every day in 2012 despite Young being the worst statistical hitter in the MLB). I don't want to diminish his career because of a couple of plays (he wasn't THAT good overall though) or due to the decisions of a manager, but here we are.

And yes, I had serious confused face during Junior's comments this morning.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This will make some people's heads absolutely spin into orbit: from a statistical standpoint, if you put Michael Young in the team hall of fame and retire his number, shouldn't you do the same for Ian Kinsler? There's some #leadership factor to Michael Young that you don't have with Kinsler, but there's an argument that Kinsler is better statistically in some significant categories.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:29 am 
Site Admin

Kinsler was a better player. I'm guessing longevity has a lot to do with it. Kinsler also went scorched earth when he got traded. Young handled it pretty well.

Arod had more wins above replacement in this three years in Texas than Young had in 12. Just sayin'. (Can't be mad)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:31 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Since there's no 2020 thread, I'll just jump into this one. I'm done with Odor and so is the Twitterverse, but it looks like Woodward is content to let him find a groove. 2 for 15 with 12 or so LOB and a few strikeouts doesn't sound like much of a groove. Signing Dietrich sounds like there's a chance Odor sits at some point. As shitty as this division is, they have to think that sneaking into that 2nd playoff spot is at least a possibility. It probably all comes crashing down to earth anyway when they have to finish the month against the NL west and Oakland. At that point, I would like to see Tejada get some regular time at 2B if Odor is still spinning his wheels.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:30 pm 

:babyarm: to all of that.

I flat out cannot stand that guy. If it was JD's call to extend him, then he goes, too.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I was all in on Odor before the punch, but that was because Profar ended up being such a disappointment.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:15 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I didn't have a huge problem with the contract at the time because he was coming off of a decent year at the plate (although a shit year on the field) and had some pretty good upside for a 22 year old. GMs have to gamble like that and it's easy to look at it 3 years in and see that it's a pretty untradeable deal.