Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Shit I've bought but probably don't need
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Picked up a Mr. Coffee burr mill coffee grinder at Target for $40 yesterday. I have been wanting to get a burr mill grinder for a while but the only place I found them was online and the cheapest ones that seemed decent were in the $80 range. I saw this one yesterday and jumped on it.

Let me say first off this is a thousand times better than the "grinder" I've been using. Basically what I had was one of the cheap little grinders that basically just chops the shit out of the beans. Not ideal to say the least. This mill grinder basically crushes the bean and squeezes the oils to the surface, allowing a lot more flavor to get extracted. I set it to the finest mill (espresso) setting and basically got coffee power instead of grounds. I made a 7oz cup in the Kuerig last night at about 9 o clock and couldn't go to sleep untill 3 am. :D

I don't know how long a $40 grinder will last but as of right now I say this is a good buy. If you like coffee I recommend it.

Post subject: Re: Shit I've bought but probably don't need
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

is that an everyday price or was it a close out or on sale?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:00 pm 
I'm a tool.

did the government buy it? you're welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

As far as I know that's a regular price. It's the first time I've seen it so I assume it's a new item.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:06 pm 

cap wrote:
did the government buy it? you're welcome.

He's not Sagger.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:55 pm 

How did you make your own cup in a Keurig? I tought they only took K cups.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Say hallo to my lil fren

Keurig makes a metal filter you can use your own coffee with, but it sucks. They allow water to flow around the coffee instead of forcing it through like with the cups. Plus the clean up is a pain. Not that it's difficult but when you're making 2 or 3 cups of coffee it's a step that gets tiresome.

The EZ Cup and paper filters mimic the K-cups pretty closely. The filter sits on a spring that makes sure everything is snug. The water is forced to go through the coffee so you get maximum flavor. When you're done you just pop the top and the filter and coffee goes into the trash. No fuss, no muss. Here's a coffee fag explaining the product

Someone also sells a cap that allows you to reuse a K-cup. Sounds like a pain in the ass. The EZ Cup and filters are winners.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:35 pm 

At Lowe's today I saw that Starbuck's has entered the K cup market. They had Sumatra and Breakfast blend but only 16 cups instead of the usual 18 you get with other brands and $15 instead of the usual $10-11. I picked up a box of Sumatra but probably don't need it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:23 pm 
Site Admin

I bought a Blue Rhino portable propane grill today. Planning on using it mostly for tailgating, but since I don't like going to games anymore, it will probably sit in the garage.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Bought a new 40" LCD for the bed room so I could put the current one in my office. Now I can watch the President's Cup while I work.

I still giggle that the person who started this thread is living off of the govt teet. Shouldn't it have been titled "Shit you've bought me that I really don't need"?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
At Lowe's today I saw that Starbuck's has entered the K cup market. They had Sumatra and Breakfast blend but only 16 cups instead of the usual 18 you get with other brands and $15 instead of the usual $10-11. I picked up a box of Sumatra but probably don't need it.

The Sumatra whole bean is what we drink, but for the $13 we spend on the bag we get a helluva lot more than 16 cups.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

TerdFerguson wrote:
Bought a new 40" LCD for the bed room so I could put the current one in my office. Now I can watch the President's Cup while I work.

I still giggle that the person who started this thread is living off of the govt teet. Shouldn't it have been titled "Shit you've bought me that I really don't need"?

Ooo, thanks for reminding me, I gotta call in to request a payment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:05 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Greggo, I too love the k-cup and just had a delicious cup a few minutes ago in 60 seconds flat. I do miss the days of grinding beans and smelling the coffee brewing but the Keurig is so much easier. That being said, why do you go through the whole coffee making process and then pull a short cut at the end? Just curious.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

What short cut?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I guess I was referring to the brewing process. Wasn't sure if the slow drip of a coffer maker extracts the most flavor from the beans rather than a 60 second "rinsing" of the beans with the Keurig.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:25 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ah. A slower brewing time absolutely makes a better cup of coffee. The Keurig actually applies a little force to the water adding pressure that helps make up for some of that (though not all). We got the Keurig a couple of years ago for convenience. We can brew 2 cups in just a couple of minutes and there is no waste from making too much (also we don't drink too much)

The wifey and I will sometimes have a cup in the evening also. Or sometimes only I will. Having the option of brewing one cup at a time is pretty cool.

On special occasions like the holidays or a birthday party or whenever we're going to have several people over we'll buy an 18 pack of the K-cups, just so we can make em as fast as possible. I've never timed it but I would guess you could make at least 6 cups of Kuerig coffee in the time it takes to brew that much traditionally, plus you have the advantage of handing them out as they brew so people don't have to fight over sugar and cream. It sucks to be the last guy to get coffee but it's better than making EVERYONE wait.

All that being said, the Keurig definitely belongs in the "Shit I've bought but probably don't need" category.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Is it ghey or a sign that I'm old that sometimes I think a cup of coffee after dinner or at night would be kind of nice. Decaf of course. I've never done it and I would hate for the little treat keep me up until 1 or 2 but all this talk of coffee is making me consider it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:09 pm 
Site Admin

why would decaf keep you up all night?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

It's not ghey. And it may be old, but there are times at night, when I think it would be nice to have. Especially in the winter. The effects of caffeine can't touch me any more.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:13 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

No whey it's ghey. Coffee in the evening is boss. Think of it like desert. Instead of cake or cookies, just drink a coffee. Flavor it up with french vanilla or hazelnut for that extra desert-y taste. When it gets cold I like to throw a splash of Bailey's in it. Damn good stuff mang.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
why would decaf keep you up all night?

I was saying I would drink decaf rather than leaded so as not to stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:51 pm 

Sweet Greggo wrote:
No whey it's ghey. Coffee in the evening is boss. Think of it like desert. Instead of cake or cookies, just drink a coffee. Flavor it up with french vanilla or hazelnut for that extra desert-y taste. When it gets cold I like to throw a splash of Bailey's in it. Damn good stuff mang.

When I think of desert, I crave iced water not hot coffee.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Not bad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:22 pm 
I'm a tool.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

You just bought one these and you didn't actually need it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:46 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Is that one of those pie machines from Chicken Run?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:17 pm 
I'm a tool.

Yes. I put it on extra hairy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:12 am 

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Breville juicer at Macy's. This will allow me to not only make delicious fruit and/or vegetable juice drinks but to absorb nutrients from fruits and/or veggies in liquid form at like level 10 healthy amounts. With this purchase I feel I now have everything a person could ever want in the kitchen. Here's a list of just some of the other items I have:

a keurig (it is a coffee maker) ((it uses "k cups"))
a food saver
a fondue set
a variety of standard appliances
a collapsible colander
a freestanding paper towel holder (yes, I buy Bounty "select a size" p.t.'s and each roll is like the size of 3 rolls)
a consumer reports recommended knife set

please note, I have a high powered faucet that gets super hot since I took out that annoying protection thingy out of it, but it might be starting to leak and that's annoying.

FYI, I also have this bad boy on layaway:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:16 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I like the concept in the ad of Create, like a taco salad is a work of fucking art.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:21 am 
Site Admin

This thread is under used. Also, TG is amazing at remembering old threads. And I'm in for the taco salad party when he gets the maker.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:54 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Picked up a Mr. Coffee burr mill coffee grinder at Target for $40 yesterday. I have been wanting to get a burr mill grinder for a while but the only place I found them was online and the cheapest ones that seemed decent were in the $80 range. I saw this one yesterday and jumped on it.

I don't know how long a $40 grinder will last but as of right now I say this is a good buy. If you like coffee I recommend it.

This little bad boy is still going strong, btw. We use it about once a week on average.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:06 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I'd like to know more about those K cups things. They're everywhere and look like something a coffee fag like me would like. And by coffee fag I don't mean someone who drinks a lot of coffee, but someone who likes the faggy sweet seasonal flavors of coffee they serve at Starbucks or high end convenience stores.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:08 am 
Site Admin

Nah, it's not like that. I brew my coffee because I think it tastes much better and fuller. But the K cups have regular "flavor" too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:09 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
And I'm in for the taco salad party when he gets the maker.

:babyarm: Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:11 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
I'd like to know more about those K cups things. They're everywhere and look like something a coffee fag like me would like. And by coffee fag I don't mean someone who drinks a lot of coffee, but someone who likes the faggy sweet seasonal flavors of coffee they serve at Starbucks or high end convenience stores.

It's a bit pricey but if you don't want to make 12 cups at a time it's totally worth it. You can get filters that allow you to brew your own coffee which does help with the cost, but the actual Kcups still taste a lot better. I think they line the cups with crack or something.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:13 am 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

It's a bit pricey but if you don't want to make 12 cups at a time it's totally worth it. You can get filters that allow you to brew your own coffee which does help with the cost, but the actual Kcups still taste a lot better. I think they line the cups with crack or something.

:babyarm: we have one. i'm the only one who drink coffee in the house, but it also brews hot chocolate for the kids and tea for any liberals who visit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

K-Cups are to coffee like dippin dots were to ice cream. K-Cups are the coffee of the future so you better get on board while you can. Do you have a computer? Do you have a smart phone? Do you have a DVR? Then you need a Keurig. Feel like a smooth hazelnut? BAM! There is a K-Cup for it. Want a delicious chai? WHAMMO! There is a K-Cup for it. Want something stronger? Try a Columbian bold and pour in some Jameson! BAM! Your morning starts off awesome. Basically what I'm trying to say is K-Cups are for people in the know so if you want to be cool, get one. My handicap has dropped 3 points and I just got a free month of HBO. Coincidence? I don't think so.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:27 pm 
Site Admin

^could single handedly bring down any company he shills for^

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:20 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This is complicated. I'll stick with water.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:22 am 

Today's Featured Product: the "Bug-a-Salt-Gun" (*please note the double entendre pun in the manufacturer's branding.) Do you get it? It is a gun that shoots salt thus making it "a salt gun", but it also maims the insect victims it is intended for, thereby making it an "assault gun". Clever, huh? Anydanghoo, I can assure you that in addition to being clever, this bad boy kicks ass. It is like a shotgun that shoots about 5-10 grains of salt. Yes, you do have to aim but it.is.dead.ly. Do you know what else? Tell the wife there's nothing for her to clean up..no nasty fly guts like from ordinary fly swatters. Why, you can't even find the salt even if you look for it after you shoot. Like I said though, its limited to smaller insects and the occasional horsefly. What is the range, you may be asking. Well, I've taken out flies from 10 feet away, you just have to elevate the aim a bit to allow for the drop and yes, I use Morton salt. This product takes out just about any annoying bug in the house like flies, spiders, and mosquitos, but I have found its ineffective for wasps and only stuns horseflies....but stunning is enough to finish them off! I have not found any slugs to melt/blast. Lucky for them. I would like to reiterate that if you shoot a wasp they will be like wtf and come at you, brothers. Here is a pic of the weapon:

amazon info/see comments for what others are saying too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oC4r8zZnB0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:40 am 
Site Admin

my bro has one and I've killed wasps with it. you just have to be pretty close and you might have to follow up with the bottom of your shoe.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:06 am 
Site Admin

I bought a Kegerator yesterday from Home Goods, because it was 75% off. I don't need this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next