Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Goodbye, Facebook
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:22 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:
I say "ant" cuz I ain't no fancy French faggot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXJkLBj6G1k

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:09 am 

It is Auntie. Not a long word to say.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:45 pm 

I need smarter friends.

It's official Signed at 10:33. It's even passed on TV. Facebook will start charging this summer. If you copy this to your wall your icon will turn blue and your Facebook will be free for you. Please pass this message, if not your icon will be deleted.
P.S. this is serious, the icon will turn blue
(Copy and paste to your wall)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:12 pm 

As I get older, I am getting grumpier. Much grumpier. Anything that requires me to share if you agree results in an unfriending.

You have someone dear to you that was affected by cancer? Me too. Fuck cancer. But fuck you too for posting this stuff over and over.

You have a brother or sister that is your best friend? Repost if you do too? Go scissor each other and get unfriended.

Type Amen if you agree with something? See that door? Get out.

Buncha dumbasses.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:22 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
As I get older, I am getting grumpier. Much grumpier. Anything that requires me to share if you agree results in an unfriending.

You have someone dear to you that was affected by cancer? Me too. Fuck cancer. But fuck you too for posting this stuff over and over.

You have a brother or sister that is your best friend? Repost if you do too? Go scissor each other and get unfriended.

Buncha dumbasses.

Everything he says here is right. Repost if you agree.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:26 am 

Tit Whistle wrote:
jim jack wrote:

Buncha dumbasses.

Everything he says here is right. Repost if you agree.

:D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:49 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Nothing says sincerity like copying and pasting someone else's ripped off post.

My other Facebook kryptonite is "Let's see who's brave enough to share this" and it's usually something real benign like a picture of the World Trade Center pre-9/11 or (this week) some sort of back the blue graphic. Oh yes, that takes real balls.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:15 pm 

bigboy wrote:
Nothing says sincerity like copying and pasting someone else's ripped off post.

My other Facebook kryptonite is "Let's see who's brave enough to share this" and it's usually something real benign like a picture of the World Trade Center pre-9/11 or (this week) some sort of back the blue graphic. Oh yes, that takes real balls.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:47 pm 

I unfriended my son. He hates Hillary and posts memes about her.

Cap is my son apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:16 pm 

I've been listening to Ben Shapiro lately. I think he might be jtweez.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:18 pm 

Also, it's good to read your typing, fart.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:17 pm 

I just unfriended a former student who posted a meme about somebody being "destroyed" by a comment. I see this dumbassery mostly with political stuff, and both sides are equally guilty.

Destroyed? Are you sure about that, dumbass?

In 99 percent of these things, the person saying it didn't say shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:12 am 

Trained Goucho wrote:
I've been listening to Ben Shapiro lately. I think he might be jtweez.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

jim jack wrote:
I just unfriended a former student who posted a meme about somebody being "destroyed" by a comment. I see this dumbassery mostly with political stuff, and both sides are equally guilty.

Destroyed? Are you sure about that, dumbass?

In 99 percent of these things, the person saying it didn't say shit.

The latest one I saw was about Chik-Fil-A that had just DROPPED A BOMBSHELL on the BLM movement that is so SHOCKING, BLM will feel compelled to dissolve after seeing it. They printed shirts that said they supported the police. Bombshell, I tell ya.

I've only defreinded a couple of people, and that was in extreme circumstances. When someone posts idiotic memes or links like that I'll "hide all" from the source. It helps filter out a lot of junk but still lets me see their posts about puppies n shit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My wife convinced me to sell a couple of kids toys on one of those local Facebook buy/sell groups. One turned out to be a discontinued Disney item and I was bombarded with more than 50 messages from desperate housewives that were all real pissy about where they fell in the pecking order to get this thing. I should have priced it for double what I did. The other item didn't generate as much interest and the only person that was adamant about wanting it asked me if I could deliver it to her house that turned out to be 52 miles from my house. This after I explicitly said that I wouldn't go any farther than my city's police department parking lot. Stay away from Facebook and especially stay the hell away from selling shit on there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:42 am 
Site Admin

bigboy wrote:
My wife convinced me to sell a couple of kids toys on one of those local Facebook buy/sell groups. One turned out to be a discontinued Disney item and I was bombarded with more than 50 messages from desperate housewives that were all real pissy about where they fell in the pecking order to get this thing. I should have priced it for double what I did. The other item didn't generate as much interest and the only person that was adamant about wanting it asked me if I could deliver it to her house that turned out to be 52 miles from my house. This after I explicitly said that I wouldn't go any farther than my city's police department parking lot. Stay away from Facebook and especially stay the hell away from selling shit on there.

:babyarm: My wife did that on our neighborhood page. She sold our old stuff for dirt cheap and I giggled at people saying "I was before you", "well, I was before both of you". I live in a pretty affluent neighborhood :bigtime: and it shocks me that they'll fight over this crap, that I would be throwing away if it didn't sell.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:22 am 

or somesuch wrote:
bigboy wrote:

:babyarm: My wife did that on our neighborhood page. She sold our old stuff for dirt cheap and I giggled at people saying "I was before you", "well, I was before both of you". I live in a pretty affluent neighborhood :bigtime: and it shocks me that they'll fight over this crap, that I would be throwing away if it didn't sell.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:00 pm 
I'm a tool.

Matalo wrote:
or somesuch wrote:
bigboy wrote:

people be selling stuff for like $5. why waste your time

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:47 pm 
Site Admin

confirmed, somey lives in a mansion and has a waterfall in his back 40. HE EVEN HAS A TV OUTSIDE!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:02 pm 

Our swap N sell is great

Made a good bit of money on it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:06 pm 

what's the N stand for?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It usually stands for 'and'. What word were you thinking of?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:48 pm 

New World Order

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:46 pm 

Tit Whistle wrote:

we are on the same page, tit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

kick wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

we are on the same page, tit.

It's good to be with you, as always.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:05 pm 

Spaz wrote:
New World Order

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:58 pm 

Matalo wrote:
Spaz wrote:
New World Order

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:24 pm 

Can't see shit, but hope it's a WCW reference

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:08 pm 

Spaz wrote:
Can't see shit, but hope it's a WCW reference

Second attempt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:58 pm 

too sweet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:37 pm 

Spaz wrote:
too sweet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Someone say my name?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:09 pm 

Like a lot of schools, Hoob ISD gets a few bomb threats. We got the first one of the spring today, was called in over the weekend to Hoob Elementary. I listened to the message, was obviously not a student and not one of our parents, either. It appeared to be someone not smart enough to do number spoofing, either.

The stupid comments about it that I saw on Facebook were mind-boggling. The stupidest were the ones saying the kids were trying to get out of testing. Let's see, an eight-year old is going to call in a bomb threat and sound like a 25 year old man with a deep voice to get out of testing that starts one week from today.

I was fearful that some administrator would post a statement on the school's Facebook page about it. It would have resulted in instant deletion by me. It's happened before and I didn't take well to it.

Hoob ISD's Facebook page ain't no damn public forum.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:40 pm 

meanwhile, at a school in Missouri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:09 pm 

Are all of the recipe things some sort of click scam that makes somebody ad money? There are dozens of them, they all have the same look, and the camera angle is the same on them all. They all have different names, though. I've blocked about 40 of them, then I realized that I could unfriend about three people and accomplish the same thing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:13 pm 

The Argyle Police department posted a picture of four cows grazing on a school playground and had this text along with it:

This is the city. Argyle. In the early morning mists the football team practices while the marching band fills the air with rich melodies. Students pick up their schedules in anticipation of the new school year and teachers are busy decorating their classrooms. It seemed idyllic, but when my first call came this morning I knew the innocence of the day was gone with the coolness of the early hours, replaced by the heat of the mean streets. Notified of a criminal trespass in progress, I hurried to the scene and met my morning's nemesis. Four of them, dressed in dark leather, stared back at me, daring me to challenge them. Pound for pound they had me outmatched, so I had to use my wits and not my brawn. I knew they wouldn't respect the authority of my badge, so I had to find a better, more persuasive way. A citizen positively identified them -- this was not the first time these beasts had violated the sanctity of the playground. My instinct told me it was time to act, so we did, and with the most effective weapon in our arsenal -- Corn. Soon they were back where they belonged, and the school was safe once more. Students, parents, teachers and coaches all carried on, oblivious to their plight and never knowing for a moment what danger had lurked in their midst. But that's why I'm here. I carry a badge.

Sometimes you have to make things exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:51 pm 

Today I was greeted with a Facebook thread about masturbation. Nobody wants to read about that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:27 pm 

I doubt if Facebook will get this right, but it's a start.

Facebook announced today that they are going to begin fighting back against spammy posts that use "engagement baiting" to increase reach by encouraging people to like, share, or comment. Starting this week, those who employ this tactic will find that their posts will be demoted in the Facebook news feeds so that they are not prominently seen.

If I was king, any FB post that had the words "challenge accepted" would result in automatic, instant, and total banning.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:14 pm 

Facebook suggests friends, usually friends of other Facebook friends. One of my suggestions tonight was a dear lady I used to work with. The problem is, she died last week.

It was tempting to send her a friend request to see what happened, but I restrained myself. This time.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:54 pm 

Tonight I learned from a Facebook friend that there is a line of meat seasonings called Special Shit. How about that.