Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Weather shit = on!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I can poop at work, exercise in the evening, and I have no dog. This allows me to sleep much later.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I have no dog and I don't exercise. I have all the time in the world to poop where and when I want.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:51 am 

Cold. Icy. Stay home, people.

My awesome landlords are away for the holidays. This morning, they asked me to turn on the heat to their house and to their pump house that pumps well water. Not knowing about this ice, I nearly slipped and busted my ass on the front porch steps of the Hoob Sex Shack. The ice was a thin glaze that was not visible at all.

Not really interested in breaking my hip and having to go to the old folks home.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:11 pm 

Hoob ISD and all the schools in my area let out at lunch because of the icy roads that were caused by sleet. I drove home in the slush. It is thundering now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Because of tonight's expected Hailapalooza, they gave everyone the option to go home early and work from there. Shit was expected to start around 2:00. At 3:30 I saw the sun poke out for a bit. Buncha pussies. I stayed in the office because hail can't touch me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:31 pm 

You mean companies are doing this too? Hoob ISD sent out a directive that all asses had to be out of the place immediately after the kids left today.

I walked into the lobby of my building at 3:50 and the lights were out.

Of course this meant I had time to myself and I got a couple of chores done with nobody around to fuck with me. It was awesome.

I'm right there with you on hail.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:47 pm 

We had the wicked weather last Saturday and lost power for a few hours. I was pretty nervous because we've got this big pine tree in the front yard to the side of the driveway that has a pronounced lean. Pine trees make for pretty woods, but they are stressful yard trees. Anyhoo, I had a tree guy come out and give an estimate for removal a couple of weeks ago. I bet that tree is all of 100' tall. The quote was $2500 bucks. I did not pull the trigger and was sweating it out when the winds were whipping. It made it though. Two trees in the neighborhood did not and did some massive damage to a couple of houses.

I hope that dang pine pulls through tomorrow when we are supposed to get y'alls big weather.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We left early today as well. I can't believe the media has affected so many people over this storm. It's fucking spring in Texas, for christ's sake. we'll get 4 or 6 good storms this season. Some people are going to get severe damage, but it's not going to shut down the city. Stop talking about it like it's an impeding blizzard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I think they oversold this one.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 pm 

:babyarm:

People out here were freaking out. Not me. It barely qualified as a thunderstorm.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:51 pm 

And now the National Weather Service in Fort Worth is trying to explain things.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:05 pm 

My car is still parked on the patio to make room for all the cars in the garage. After the storm a few years ago I was taking no chances.

Finfrock doesn't know shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Workplace = dead

Everyone flitted off home to hide from weathergeddon. Not me. Weather doesn't scare me, man.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:19 pm 
Site Admin

yep, I'm here til the end. I guess I could work from home but I'm too lazy to set it up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We kept a watch on it. It stalled out west for so long that noone felt like they needed to leave early. When I got home Channel 5 was all a flutter about a possible tornado in Johnson county. The path of that part of the storm was heading straight to the mid-cities. It weakened a bit and stayed a little west of me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:04 pm 

Hoob ISD was one of many schools who sent the kids out into the hall for safety reasons. The funny thing is, I didn't even know about it and my office is in an elementary school. Oops.

The damn wind blew my Internet antenna all cattywampus and now I don't have service. My house is too tall for my old ass to get up there and fix it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:18 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My new favorite word is cattywampus. What are some of your favorite words?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:45 pm 

I keep meaning to use the word whopperjawed in a sentence. I have a librarian friend who uses it.

One thing I just thought of. It is a requirement that the word 'all' must come before either word:

Goodness gracious, Clem! Were you not paying attention when you did the plowin'? The rows are all whopperjawed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:15 pm 

Every school in the county is off because of the weather forecast. I work in a different county, but ours was canceled, too. I looked at the forecast and thought, this doesn't make sense.

We just got a cold rain. Buncha dummies.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:17 pm 

How about a nice tornado to spice things up out here? Dang it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:24 am 
I'm a tool.

The media isn't interested in that right now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:32 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Fuck this weather in the ass with a garden weasel.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:04 pm 

Don't get me started.

I am so sick of this crap and it hasn't even snowed yet. I live in Texas. It's supposed to be 80 today and I should be able to take a piss off of the front porch. While holding a beer in my other hand. While keeping an eye on the grill.

Instead, I have to put RV antifreeze in the shower to keep the damn trap from freezing up because it's colder than fuck out here.

I had to put a heater in the room where my water heater is so it wouldn't freeze up. So I may be one of those guys who dies of a "space heater" incident.

At work, we had to have a serious discussion about what temperature to set the buildings at, to keep shit from freezing up but not waste a million dollars on HVAC costs. And why bother? Atmos has already called and told us to notch it down a few degrees. Fuck the weather, and fuck them too.

*Goes and gets another beer*

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:29 pm 

It was -4 at the Hoob Sex Shack this morning. Not inside, it was something like 66 inside. I got texts from two different people that woke me up, asking if my water was frozen. Strangely, the hot worked but the cold was frozen.

My radiator heater in the washroom had kept things from freezing until then. I guess it's good to 0 degrees. Did all sorts of stuff to warm the place up including cooking a batch of cookies in the oven and it was still frozen.

Finally put a different heater in the washroom that blew out hot air and it was thawed out in five minutes. How about that.

My sis lives in McKinney and she hasn't had power in two days so she went to stay with my mom. To my surprise, my sister has stayed off of social media. A few million others need to.

A former co-worker went on a rant on Facebook yesterday about how her swimming pool was frozen because she didn't have power. It was a fresh reminder of what a bitch she was to work with.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We were without power for almost a day and half. It went out Monday morning around 9am and didn't come back on until midnight. Then it went back out around 4:30am Tuesday and finally came back on at 6pm. By that point, we'd given up and got a hotel room. It seems we're on the rolling blackout schedule right now with about 4-5 hours on then 1-2 off. At least I finally got internet and can get some work done.

For the record, the temperature in the house at its lowest was 54 downstairs and 51 upstairs. It's not what you want.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:45 pm 
I'm a tool.

I live next to the PD, so our power never went out. But my kitchen pipes blew today. All over my wooden floors. They be buckling.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

A guy at work shared a picture of his fucked up kitchen from a burst pipe. The ceiling caved in from it and there was shit and insulation everywhere. When the plumber got there, he said the house wasn't up to code. Pipes should be underground, not in the damned ceiling. Fortunately for my co-worker, he's just renting the place, so he doesn't have to pay for shit. But yeah, make sure your house is up to code. And if you have a water heater on the 2nd floor, have it moved to the first floor before your homeowner's insurance finds out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:01 pm 

The number of schools dealing with broken water pipes is staggering. My previous school has them all over the place, and they've been dealing with that for the past couple of days. And they didn't lose power either, so they can't blame not having heat.

It's also caused a mess with basketball playoffs. Gyms are flooded. Schools don't have water. Or power. The basketball playoffs just now started, which means there are games everywhere with few places to play. I've never seen such a mad scramble to find a place to play. The poor sportswriters can figure out where their teams are playing.

Hoob ISD didn't experience that because Hoob made sure to keep the damn heat on. As a result of that, my little school hosted a 1A playoff game today because our gym wasn't flooded.

I decided to shovel some snow out of the gym entryway because we don't need any grannies slipping and falling. I got two shovels out of the ag building just in case someone wanted to help. Did anybody help old Hoob shovel snow? No. I was thinking about how many heart attacks happen because of shoveling snow.

I got home just before dark and I could hear water running from an odd place. The landlords have a shop and it was coming from there, and water was coming out of a door. Yep, they had a broken pipe and it had just happened. This caused both of us to not have water in our houses and they hadn't noticed it yet. Went down and told them, he had me fixed up in about 90 minutes. No idea why that pipe wasn't covered or at least, in a heated room. But it wasn't.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My power when off Monday morning at 6:30am. About 45 minutes later I got a text from Spectrum letting me know that my internet was down but would be back online by 9:30am. I figured Spectrum must know something I didn't so I thought "okay, so the rolling blackouts are supposed to last 3 flipping hours but whatever". My power has never been out long (except for when my neighbor didn't call DIGTESS before digging out his fence) so I wasn't too concerned. Boy did I have egg on my face when the power stayed off for 52 straight hours. We toughed it out all day Monday because I just KNEW the power was going to come back on any second. Monday night was bearable as long as we stayed under 4 comforters, but every once in a while I would uncover my head to check the time and my ears and nose would instantly start hurting from the cold. We woke up Tuesday morning to -1 outside and about 50 inside.

Tuesday I was just as stubborn all day and stayed home waiting for the power to come back on, but when night came and the inside temp dropped down to almost 40, I hit the eject button and we went to my mother's. She lives just a couple of miles south of me and she never lost power.

Luckily our kiddo spent the night at a friend's on Sunday night, and they never lost power through the whole thing either. They were kind enough to let her stay until Thursday evening, then we brought her friend home with us because they had a pipe burst.

First thing Friday morning my mother called me. Her heater went out.

Crazy fucking week.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:46 pm 

I’ve been following the Texas weather news and the thing that blew me away the most were the people that were getting bent over a barrel on electric bills for numbers in the thousands. Crazy.

It was quite an event, even over here in the Sip. We were one of the few in our neighborhood that kept power but our heater did tap out on Friday. It got us through the worst of it tho.

Water situation is bleak but Jackson pretty much stays in boil water mode so I already had a bunch of water stockpiled. Speaking of bs bills, I’ve been going round and round with the city for about a year because I quit getting billed for water. They hit me with a $1400 dollar one a couple of days ago. Don’t ever move here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:31 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I had a faucet cold side and my washer freeze up on Monday morning. I was able to get heat on them and thaw them by Wednesday night without any other problems. We never lost power, but had a boil order on the water. Losing water to any degree is a bigger whip than losing power.

I'm laughing my ass off at the 80 degree swing from last Tuesday's low to today's high.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:03 pm 

I have lived at my new place for two months and it hasn't rained a drop. Until this dumb freezing rain event that gives Delkus a boner.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Work is closed tomorrow but since we've been working from home for 2 years, we still have to work tomorrow. :dep:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:30 am 

Snowing like crazy up here. We may never dig out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:38 pm 

Snowing like crazy here too, but just transitioned from sleet in the past hour or two. It is pretty. I find it hard working from home. Do you have to zoom a lot? Zoom has really taken the old beating of the conference call to new heights. I am hungry and pho sounds good. I won’t have it but it sure sounds good. I took a picture of fresh dog turds on the sleet canvas earlier because it struck me as funny. I probably used the word canvas because I’ve been watching a lot of old Ink Master reruns lately and they throw around the word canvas a whole bunch I tell ya. I’ve had about 10 cups of hot tea this morning maybe even 12. Here is a list of the flavors: chai (my fave), vanilla cream chai, awake English breakfast, earl grey, apricot cream, green ginger, and juniper mint honey.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I like tea but I don't have it very often. Every year when it gets cold, I'll see tea in the store and say to Mrs. Tit, "Hey, we should get some tea," and then she reminds me that there's plenty of last year's still in the pantry so I get no new tea. I don't really have a favorite, though Sleepytime tea does a fine job knocking my ass to Slumberland.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:55 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It's very cold and very white. Cap is probably as happy as a pig in slop.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:57 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It's really hot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:44 pm 

bigboy wrote:
It's really hot.

:babyarm:

I remember when it used to rain. Seems so long ago.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:22 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

"Damn we need rain" to "enough already!" in record time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:12 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That escalated quickly!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:35 pm 

bigboy wrote:
Fuck this weather in the ass with a garden weasel.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 895 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next