Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: For Uncle Ich: Security and privacy are not exclusive
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:05 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Next step for tight security could be trains, boats, metro

Schools, Courthouses, Retail Shopping Centers, City Buses/Rail Systems, City Limits, Specific Neighborhoods, etc, etc, etc

Cuz it's for the public's safety after all!

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

Last edited by Ichabod on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:22 pm 
I'm a tool.

See what happens when we try to be politically correct? Why can't we profile anymore? Everyone gets on without being screened, except young muslims. It would fix everything.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:17 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Homeland Security picking up tab for 250-300 surveillance cameras

City of Houston is installing cameras to monitor public intersections and some such. Further indoctrination to follow....

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Feds Warrantlessly Tracking Americans’ Credit Cards in Real Time

Government reports violations of limits on spying aimed at U.S. citizens

Gee, I thought the government assured us that they would not overstep their bounds? I'm confused. Oh well, now that it's been brought to light I'm sure it will stop.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:39 pm 
Site Admin

Ichabod wrote:
I'm sure it will stop.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:59 pm 
I'm a tool.

or somesuch wrote:
Ichabod wrote:
I'm sure it will stop.

in heaven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:35 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Why does Obama make me hate him so....

Obama Eyeing Internet ID for Americans

"We are not talking about a national ID card," Locke said at the Stanford event. "We are not talking about a government-controlled system. What we are talking about is enhancing online security and privacy and reducing and perhaps even eliminating the need to memorize a dozen passwords, through creation and use of more trusted digital identities."

See! It's really designed to help us citizens. You know, to make our lives easier. Isn't it great how the government always keeps our best interests at heart :soppy:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:35 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Michigan: Police Search Cell Phones During Traffic Stops

ACLU learned that the police had acquired the cell phone scanning devices and in August 2008 filed an official request for records on the program, including logs of how the devices were used. The state police responded by saying they would provide the information only in return for a payment of $544,680. The ACLU found the charge outrageous.

The fact that the state police are trying to charge a half a million dollars for the information that is to be provided by law illustrates that they are up to no good.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:54 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

That's fucked up. I think if a cop demanded me to turn over my phone at just a mere traffic stop I'd just as soon spike it on the pavement and watch it explode in to a couple of dozen pieces than give it to him. Not that I have anything to hide.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
These are the weasel words used to ensure that the program passes muster with the general public;

The new plan explicitly states that existing laws which prevent the government from spying on citizens would remain in effect, the official said. Under no circumstances, for instance, would the program be used to intercept verbal and written conversations.

The only problem is that the government just waits for everyone to become comfortable before "suddenly" deciding that it is in the "best interest of the public" that closer monitoring occur, because, afterall, if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide! :mad:

The quote above is from Feb of 2008.....
The article below, although long, illustrates the fact that our government cannot prevent itself from becoming Orwell's version of Big Brother. Any attempt to hold them in check and follow our constitution is met with vindictive prosecution.

TheSecretSharer

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:53 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:
Ichabod wrote:
These are the weasel words used to ensure that the program passes muster with the general public;

The new plan explicitly states that existing laws which prevent the government from spying on citizens would remain in effect, the official said. Under no circumstances, for instance, would the program be used to intercept verbal and written conversations.

The only problem is that the government just waits for everyone to become comfortable before "suddenly" deciding that it is in the "best interest of the public" that closer monitoring occur, because, afterall, if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to hide! :mad:

The quote above is from Feb of 2008.....
The article below, although long, illustrates the fact that our government cannot prevent itself from becoming Orwell's version of Big Brother. Any attempt to hold them in check and follow our constitution is met with vindictive prosecution.

TheSecretSharer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:15 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/0 ... 72983.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:06 pm 
I'm a tool.

liberal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

Terd texted me and said "that's what you get for being on gay facebook".

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:30 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

OnStar will track you and sell your info even after you cancel the service

In 10 years everyone will receive a monthly bill that itemizes your vehicle violations for the last 30 days and the total will automatically be deducted from your bank account. No longer will you be able to cruise 5 mph over the limit, roll through a stop sign when no one is at the intersection or double park for 2 minutes in front of the downtown drug store. These violations will automatically be recorded by your OnStar (or equivalent service) and sold to private agencies hired by cities to collect revenue.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:42 pm 
I'm a tool.

Sweet Greggo wrote:

In 10 years everyone will receive a monthly bill that itemizes your vehicle violations for the last 30 days and the total will automatically be deducted from your bank account. No longer will you be able to cruise 5 mph over the limit, roll through a stop sign when no one is at the intersection or double park for 2 minutes in front of the downtown drug store. These violations will automatically be recorded by your OnStar (or equivalent service) and sold to private agencies hired by cities to collect revenue.

good. don't break the law

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
Terd texted me and said "that's what you get for being on gay facebook".

Facebook just sold my private information to a third party.....wait, no it didn't....I'm not on Facebook! HAHAHAHA

FACE @ Facebook

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:

3 senators take exception to OnStar's new policy, one calling it "one of the most brazen invasions of privacy in recent memory."

yay govt!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:

I don't buy this for a second. Looks like some crazy facebook/charging crap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

The OnStar story is real. The rant below it is just my prediction. It may not happen in 10 years but it will happen OH YES IT WILL!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:07 am 

Your also going to have to pay a monthly fee to post here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:41 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

The OnStar story is real. The rant below it is just my prediction. It may not happen in 10 years but it will happen OH YES IT WILL!
Chevy caves under pressure

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:50 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

BURN!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:59 am 

Hi Tit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:49 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Hi Good Cle.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:20 pm 
I'm a tool.

vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
vbear wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:

They still better monitor all the muslims.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:33 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Though I rarely go to malls, it appears I will be turning off my phone when I do!

Malls track shoppers' cell phones on Black Friday

The goal is for stores to answer questions like: How many Nordstrom shoppers also stop at Starbucks? How long do most customers linger in Victoria's Secret? Are there unpopular spots in the mall that aren't being visited?

There's the point! I don't want people knowing how long I linger in Victoria's Secret!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:45 pm 
I'm a tool.

If you don't care if people know you're a perve, then who cares?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:51 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Let's shine the light and watch the cockroaches scurry...

Rand Paul to Lead Class-Action Lawsuit Against Obama over NSA Spying

With regard to NSA spying, this is the first class action lawsuit against such activity. This allows the American people to join together in a grassroots manner against President Obama’s NSA for the first time in the legal system, as all other lawsuits have been individuals suing against the agency.

It will be interesting to see if this gets thrown out of court.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:08 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Well, it's about F'n time!

Rand Paul Will Sue Obama Over the NSA

Paul has been threatening for months to file a lawsuit against the Obama administration for what he calls its unconstitutional use of sweeping surveillance programs housed at the National Security Agency. Last month he officially announced his plans to carry through with his suit, acting on revelations about the NSA's spy programs that began surfacing last June from Edward Snowden.

Also, regarding Snowden, I've heard many claim that he should be tried for treason for betraying state secrets. Yet, did he not give these secrets to the American Public in order to inform them of the crimes being committed against the constitution of the US by our federal government?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:06 am 
I'm a tool.

Ichabod wrote:
Well, it's about F'n time!

Rand Paul Will Sue Obama Over the NSA

Paul has been threatening for months to file a lawsuit against the Obama administration for what he calls its unconstitutional use of sweeping surveillance programs housed at the National Security Agency. Last month he officially announced his plans to carry through with his suit, acting on revelations about the NSA's spy programs that began surfacing last June from Edward Snowden.

Also, regarding Snowden, I've heard many claim that he should be tried for treason for betraying state secrets. Yet, did he not give these secrets to the American Public in order to inform them of the crimes being committed against the constitution of the US by our federal government?

i always thought you were kinda coo coo, ich. However, the overt corruption and indignation of this administration has opened my eyes. the government is corrupt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:08 am 
Site Admin

You thought he was "coo coo" when the Repubs were doing it. Now that the Democrats are doing it, he's nailing it, huh? Your last sentence is spot on, however.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:41 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
You thought he was "coo coo" when the Repubs were doing it. Now that the Democrats are doing it, he's nailing it, huh? Your last sentence is spot on, however.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:59 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

EFF to Support Apple in Encryption Battle

We are supporting Apple here because the government is doing more than simply asking for Apple’s assistance. For the first time, the government is requesting Apple write brand new code that eliminates key features of iPhone security—security features that protect us all. Essentially, the government is asking Apple to create a master key so that it can open a single phone. And once that master key is created, we're certain that our government will ask for it again and again, for other phones, and turn this power against any software or device that has the audacity to offer strong security.

I know the government is asking nicely to help solve the case of the evil terrorists, but EFF is right that once the key is made that the government will keep coming back to the well for other "patriotic endeavors" that NEED to be investigated. :roll:

Last edited by Ichabod on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Apple's Response

The Threat to Data Security

Some would argue that building a backdoor for just one iPhone is a simple, clean-cut solution. But it ignores both the basics of digital security and the significance of what the government is demanding in this case.

In today’s digital world, the “key” to an encrypted system is a piece of information that unlocks the data, and it is only as secure as the protections around it. Once the information is known, or a way to bypass the code is revealed, the encryption can be defeated by anyone with that knowledge.

The government suggests this tool could only be used once, on one phone. But that’s simply not true. Once created, the technique could be used over and over again, on any number of devices. In the physical world, it would be the equivalent of a master key, capable of opening hundreds of millions of locks — from restaurants and banks to stores and homes. No reasonable person would find that acceptable.

The government is asking Apple to hack our own users and undermine decades of security advancements that protect our customers — including tens of millions of American citizens — from sophisticated hackers and cybercriminals. The same engineers who built strong encryption into the iPhone to protect our users would, ironically, be ordered to weaken those protections and make our users less safe.

We can find no precedent for an American company being forced to expose its customers to a greater risk of attack. For years, cryptologists and national security experts have been warning against weakening encryption. Doing so would hurt only the well-meaning and law-abiding citizens who rely on companies like Apple to protect their data. Criminals and bad actors will still encrypt, using tools that are readily available to them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:47 am 
I'm a tool.

Don't give in to this government, Apple

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:01 am 
Site Admin

Ichabod wrote:
The government suggests this tool could only be used once, on one phone. But that’s simply not true. Once created, the technique could be used over and over again, on any number of devices. In the physical world, it would be the equivalent of a master key, capable of opening hundreds of millions of locks — from restaurants and banks to stores and homes. No reasonable person would find that acceptable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:26 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

This is why I have an Android phone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:40 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

CIA unveils new rules for collecting information on Americans

The new rules were released amid continued public discomfort over the government's surveillance powers, an issue that gained prominence following revelations in 2013 by former government contractor Edward Snowden that the National Security Agency (NSA) secretly collected the communications data of millions of ordinary Americans.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:46 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Ichabod wrote:

The new rules were released amid continued public discomfort over the government's surveillance powers, an issue that gained prominence following revelations in 2013 by former government contractor Edward Snowden that the National Security Agency (NSA) secretly collected the communications data of millions of ordinary Americans.

That link...I don't think it goes where you wanted it to go.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:51 am 
I'm a tool.

Tit Whistle wrote:
Ichabod wrote:

That link...I don't think it goes where you wanted it to go.

:babyarm: I don't believe anything the CIA says. They are the worst organization

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:40 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:
I don't believe anything the CIA says. They are the worst organization

I read that in Alec Baldwin's Trump voice and it made me giggle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next