Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 74  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mundane shit worth sharing
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Did you wear the khakis?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:43 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I wore a pair of black dress slacks. While they were comfy, I hated wearing them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:47 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

When referring to pants, I hate the word 'slacks'. Not a fan of the word 'dungarees' either.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:30 am 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:
When referring to pants, I hate the word 'slacks'. Not a fan of the word 'dungarees' either.

:babyarm: terrible word.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:45 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My war on pants continues as last night while stepping into a rather fetching pair of pajama pants, I strained my lower back. I swear I just lifted my left leg to step into the pants and *lower back strain noise*. So i can't play tonight, coach.

Stupidest injury ever.

Pants suck.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:19 pm 

That said, unlike slacks, pajamas is a pretty neat little word and fun to say.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:17 pm 
I'm a tool.

Tit Whistle wrote:
My war on pants continues as last night while stepping into a rather fetching pair of pajama pants, I strained my lower back. I swear I just lifted my left leg to step into the pants and *lower back strain noise*. So i can't play tonight, coach.

Stupidest injury ever.

Pants suck.

you're just like derek holland

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Pantsless is always the way to go.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:23 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

bigboy wrote:
Pantsless is always the way to go.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:18 pm 

Two co-workers have had serious heart attacks in the past week. I'm not worried. Heart trouble can't touch m

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:39 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

:ee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:34 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Newer, shittier workplace decided it'd be a good idea for me to spend two weeks in Minnesota. The mustache is a big player up here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:05 pm 
I'm a tool.

Tit Whistle wrote:
Newer, shittier workplace decided it'd be a good idea for me to spend two weeks in Minnesota. The mustache is a big player up here.

$5 rides

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 am 
I'm a tool.

I recently went on a vacation in the Caribbean and it's funny to see all the old 'tramp stamp' tattoos on the mom's out at the beach. Speaking of tattoos, these kids are getting them younger and younger nowadays. There would be family groupings, with the hot mom (with tramp stamp) and her hot daughter (18) with a whole sleeve of tattoos. My 15 year old asked for one.

Which reminds me of a funny story. I went on vacation with a group of people for a wedding. All the girls of the group were laying out having a good time, when a vendor was selling temporary tattoos and sold one to the bride to be. She got it on the small of the back and the groom protested stating 'only sluts get those'. Well, her best friends lying next to her then said 'Hey, I have one!' That was a bear trap......of course I think she slept with one of the bachelors on that trip.

Good times.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:35 pm 

That is pretty funny, Cap.

Reminds me of an odd story. I have a friend who has had one on her waist (in the front) for five years, and her husband doesn't know.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:41 am 

I got a tattoo on my left shoulder as a young trashy dipshit. It seemed like the army thing to do. I was maybe 19 or 20 and it was around 1990 or 91. Some burnout looking biker type applied the pattern I chose. His studio was right next to the Pussycat Lounge in (s)Leesville, La just outside of Ft Polk. I went with a Viet-americano buddy of mine. His name was Steven. He got a peace symbol. I went with Yosemite Sam firing his pistols downward whilst clucking his heels. Not a tattoo that screams 100% bad boy. Afterwards, we got beers and smoked cigs at, yep, the Pussycat Lounge.

In the early 2000’s I got it lasered off by what I recall to be an attractive blonde. Her office was in Plano off Preston road. It took about 4 sessions to remove completely at a I want to say $200 a pop. Anyhoo, it was yucky and painful and the area would get all blistered up with watery boils afterwards. I tapped out after 3 sessions. There are a few faint places of ink left but no discernible form. On the first consult I was telling her how embarrassing the tattoo was. She told me her ex-husband was a state trooper and had a lower back tattoo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:09 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Today I heard a guy say, "Holy sheepshit!"

And yes, I'm back in Minnesota.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:36 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Trained Goucho wrote:
I just got gas at a Circle K that served Valero gasoline, and yes, I used a credit card on account of skimmers.

There's a new Valero gas station in Euless that accepts Apple Pay. Fuck off, skimmers!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:40 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Turns out it was more like a 60% cut, and yeah your buddy Tit was included in that. Our jobs are being eliminated which means we still have them for awhile, at least until the end of November, though the rumor mill is currently saying I got til the end of March. Then we also get a severance package that includes a paycheck for each year you've worked there, and since it's been 10 years for me, I get 20 weeks severance. It's really not a bad deal. I should be able to find work in that time.

And this isn't an attempt to sound like sour grapes, but I really didn't wanna work for this place anymore anyway and probably would've sought another job even if they kept me. The original company I hired in with was awesome, but 2 years ago we got bought by a shit company ( *cough* Harman *cough* ) that didn't know what to do with us and they ended up fuckin' cratering the place. I will forever cherish my time with the people and company of AMX, but Harman can go fuck itself.

I saw where your old boss said screw it all and is moving to Oregon, which is probably where he should have headed shortly after he graduated high school. At last he'll be in the land of the weed and the home of the blazed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Turns out it was more like a 60% cut, and yeah your buddy Tit was included in that. Our jobs are being eliminated which means we still have them for awhile, at least until the end of November, though the rumor mill is currently saying I got til the end of March. Then we also get a severance package that includes a paycheck for each year you've worked there, and since it's been 10 years for me, I get 20 weeks severance. It's really not a bad deal. I should be able to find work in that time.

And this isn't an attempt to sound like sour grapes, but I really didn't wanna work for this place anymore anyway and probably would've sought another job even if they kept me. The original company I hired in with was awesome, but 2 years ago we got bought by a shit company ( *cough* Harman *cough* ) that didn't know what to do with us and they ended up fuckin' cratering the place. I will forever cherish my time with the people and company of AMX, but Harman can go fuck itself.

I saw where your old boss said screw it all and is moving to Oregon, which is probably where he should have headed shortly after he graduated high school. At last he'll be in the land of the weed and the home of the blazed.

He's been looking for work up there since this all started. We hooked up at Starbucks 4-5 weeks ago but he still hadn't found anything. He got an offer from one company but he didn't pass the drug screen. I could've hooked him up with clean piss if he'd just asked. Did he say he found a job or is he just getting the fuck outta Dodge?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:22 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

He's been looking for work up there since this all started. We hooked up at Starbucks 4-5 weeks ago but he still hadn't found anything. He got an offer from one company but he didn't pass the drug screen. I could've hooked him up with clean piss if he'd just asked. Did he say he found a job or is he just getting the fuck outta Dodge?

Hi wife posted on FB that he got a job. Maybe she's lying and they're just moving, I dunno. TBH, I was really surprised when I found out he never left DFW when he graduated. All he talked about in school was how he wanted to move back to NJ asap. He has real drawing talent too so it's crazy he just ended up in middle management.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:00 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

Hi wife posted on FB that he got a job. Maybe she's lying and they're just moving, I dunno. TBH, I was really surprised when I found out he never left DFW when he graduated. All he talked about in school was how he wanted to move back to NJ asap. He has real drawing talent too so it's crazy he just ended up in middle management.

I know he hated it here but he's a guy who resists change. I saw a lot of that over the last 11 years. There's too much to get into here, but I don't think it's gonna be as rosy for him as he thinks up there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:41 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

I know he hated it here but he's a guy who resists change. I saw a lot of that over the last 11 years. There's too much to get into here, but I don't think it's gonna be as rosy for him as he thinks up there.

Sounds like it's time for another rr bidecadal meetup!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:52 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:
Sweet Greggo wrote:
Tit Whistle wrote:

Sounds like it's time for another rr bidecadal meetup!

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:15 am 
Site Admin

I think I was the last remaining human under 41 on the Netflix DVD plan. As of today, after 15 years, I am done. I bet I rented 800 discs off that thing. End of an era. Stay hard, Netflix DVD plan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:21 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I quit the DVD plan when I realized we had a copy of The Help sitting around unwatched for 2 months. I sent it back then cancelled the physical media part. Still haven't seen The Help.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

It's not bad.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:02 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I still have a moment of pause whenever I eat chocolate pie after seeing that movie.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:47 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We cancelled the DVD part when they split the services. I got big into pirating then, but now I don't care about particular movies so much. If it comes on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon I'll watch it. If it doesn't, no big deal. I've got plenty of content with those services.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

I still liked the sound and picture I got from a disc, but it got to the point where I was forcing myself to watch movies I had marginal interest in. Most streaming services are almost up to par with the picture now. If I want to watch a movie, I can probably find a digital code online for $2-3 and watch it on Vudu, and I'll have it forever instead of sending it back. I did shell out about $20 for Infinity War, but my kid has already watched it 10 times and counting, so I think it was worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:00 pm 

I haven't had a disc player in a long time, but my dad still buys movie dvds as gifts even though I've told him. I just throw them away. Last Christmas he got me A Dog's Life on account of I like dogs. I don't want to see that movie though. I know it would get me in the feels too much.

I am not necessarily anti-The Help, but a one time viewing was definitely enough. Do you wanna read a cool story bro? My sister lives up in the Delta, in Greenwood, MS, where the movie was filmed. They shot most of the footage from the house across the street from where she lives. Apparently it was vacant at the time and renovated for the period the movie was set. It has remained vacant and on the market since the movie. My sister was pretty excited at the time as I recall and even met Sissy Spacek. I have never met a celebrity, but one time at the San Francisco airport as I was looking at some food takery place and I looked over and realized I was standing next to Dana Carvey. I didn't say anything tho. Do you guys have any celebrity stories?

That choco-feces pie bit was just the worst. How would you even mask such grossery to pull off a stunt like that? Anyhoo, it reminds me of my grandmother who was lauded for being a good cook when I was a kid. She made chocolate pies all the time, sans the poop. I was just a dumb kid, what did I know, and thought they were pretty fucking good. At some point, no doubt with baby's breath and a case of the walk around pudding poots, I got wise to her and realized her creation consisted of nothing more than a store-bought pie shell, a Jello chocolate puddin mix, and Cool Whip topping. That pie from the help required more effort than that. Thanks for the shitty pie memories, mee maw.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:07 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

My grandmother made a legendary from-scratch chocolate pie that still gets served at family events. I've never been a fan, but our family goes crazy when it's served. It has meringue and that's probably why I don't like it.

I stood in line behind Bobby Valentine for a slide at Wet-n-Wild back in the 80's. My dad started a conversation with him. He was pretty friendly. My kid was on a cheer team with one of Josh Hamilton's kids in his post divorce, 2nd run through here. He used to show up at practices and competitions, but I never mustered the courage to communicate with him beyond the casual non-verbal head nod.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:01 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I once met Tommy Davidson from In Living Color. He's a cool dude. Really short. We talked about comedy for a while.

Also met Tommy Lee and Heather Locklear when I worked at Six Flags Magic Mountain in sunny SoCal. They did a thing where you could ride all the coasters after hours without waiting in line and worked on the biggest baddest coaster in the park at that time, Colossus. Chevy Chase rode it in the first Vacation movie. So did John Candy, but I never met either of them. Anyhoo, Tommy and Heather were really nice. She was hot and he was tattooed like a mug. This was around the time of the Dr Feelgood album which is a good album if you skip the dumb love songs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:20 am 
I'm a tool.

Tit Whistle wrote:
I once met Tommy Davidson from In Living Color. He's a cool dude. Really short. We talked about comedy for a while.

This was around the time of the Dr Feelgood album which is a good album if you skip the dumb love songs.

heck yea it was :rockon:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I saw Jack Palance riding shotgun in a car taking the 360 S exit out of DFW in '86. He was still alive then. He might have still been hosting Ripley's Believe it or Not. My buddy and I waved at him. He waved back.

I saw the bad guy from Kindergarten Cop in the Chicago Hardrock Cafe in '93. I did not wave at him.

In the late 90's I sat at a table next to Charles Haley at the old Cowboys Cafe while he harassed a lady sitting at a different table for 20 or so minutes. She looked extremely uncomfortable. I wanted to tell Chuck to back off but I like breathing and stuff.

In '03 I played pool with Danny Bayless at the old Barley House. I stood in a circle with a couple of other like-minded internet friends while Turd Ferguson peppered Big Dick Hunter with Ticket-related questions for about 20 minutes. I also walked by Corby who was sitting at the bar. He saw me and immediately got a "shit I hope that guy doesn't try to talk to me" look on his face. I didn't.

I was pals with Grubes when he was just a :notsure: . I think he was just 17 (you know what I mean) when he joined rr.

A few years ago I saw Gary Busey in the Admirals Club at LAX. He looked just as wild-ass as he does on tv. He went to the bar and had about 3 drinks. The whole time the bartender (who's English was a bit accented) tried to make small talk. Busey just kept answering (loudly) "Huh? What? I'm sorry man, I'm not gettin' it. Huh?" Apparently Mr Busey either didn't understand or was trying to let the guy know he didn't want to talk to him. The client I was there with was super excited to see him. My coworker tried to approach him for a photo but got the Heisman. I later told my coworker he was a dumbass for trying.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:29 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The old Cowboys Cafe is where I met Tommy Davidson. Too Tall Jones and Emmitt Smith were there that night too but I didn't talk to them.

I saw Tom Landry at the airport once.

Once on a flight to NYC, Soupy Sales was in first class.

Also at Magic Mountain, I saw Michael Douglas, Magic Johnson, and Geraldo, but all on different days.

Once I went to a Mavs game and Dirk was on the court.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:14 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I ran across a few celebs during my time working at Six Flags. Troy Aikman, Vince Gill, and Darren Woodson. They made poor Darren Woodson ride Texas Giant over and over as part of some puff piece for the Thanksgiving game pre game show. I know I saw a number of MLB players when the All Star Game was in Arlington in 1995 and they had a party after the home run derby, but that was during a baseball dark period for me and I didn't go out of my way to figure out who any of them were.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:45 pm 

I did meet Troy Aikman once. It was when he owned Aikman Ford over off 75 around Royal. It was the good old days when I had a company truck and Lease Plan messaged me to pick up a new one at that location. I was getting the keys and plates from the front desk when T-Roy came out shook my hand, and thanked me for the business. He even said “hi, I’m Troy”. I was like “sure, nice to meet you” and that was that. I found him to be better looking in person. Did you think that too, bigboy?

I met Joey Belle, er Albert Belle, when I was a pup working at Jim Harrell’s Fitness World in Shreveport. Jim was incredibly vain, and anytime something like this happened he wanted in on it. He had a picture on the wall of him shaking Karl the Mailman Malone’s hand hanging in the lobby. It was a questionable choice as Karl’s horse schlong was quite visible in the yellow spandex shorts he was wearing. Next to that was Jim and Dr Death. He also had one of he and Arnold. What he would never have was a Jim and Albert Belle photo cause ol’ Albert showed up 10 minutes to closing and asked me to keep it open after hours for him to get a workout without being hassled. He was requesting this while giving me quite a firm handshake. I declined and he left. Jim ended up with cancer not long after that and blew his brains out in his backyard.

Oh, and I saw Penn & Teller at DFW Airport once.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:54 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I don't remember much about how Troy looked because that was probably 25 years, but I bet he was still sporting the mullet and the California boy bleached out hair. It was during the time that he was dating that country singer (Lori Morgan, maybe?) and he was at the park with her and some of her friends. The rumor was that they stopped in the old timey photo studio and had pictures made.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:43 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Yesterday I got a job offer from another company and I jumped the fuck all over that shit. It's back up in Richardson and not in Shithole-Shittsburg Dallas/Garland where the negroes dwell. More interesting work, better people, and a kickass building with it's very own Starbucks. Most importantly, no more khakis. I did take a small pay cut but it's worth every penny for jeans everyday. Last day at newer, shittier workplace is Oct 19. I'm fuckin happy about this shit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:16 am 

This calls for a bottle of bubbly around the ol fire pit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:35 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The fire pit has been a fine investment this far. The in-laws were once on Sunday and after dinner we set some wood ablaze and hung out for a couple hours. It was nice. What kind of wood do you like to burn in your places that hold fire?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3098 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 74  Next