Nostalgic? Here's the... Way Old Forum | Out of Date Site | If you'd like to help keep Remove Rowdy going, donations are appreciated. About $400 a year nowadays is required for hosting and domain fees.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 74  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mundane shit worth sharing
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:40 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I have digital thermostats (yes, plural*) and I have never had to replace the battery in either one. They do tell me every 3 months or so to change the furnace filters, and that's a nice reminder cuz otherwise I'd forget. I chose mine off the rack at Lowe's and installed them myself because I'm handy like that. I'm also the only person in the house who knows how the thermostats work, so if anything happens to me, my family is hosed as far as heat and AC goes. These thermostats are touch screen, btw*.

* - :bigtime: :bigtime:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:09 am 
Site Admin

I put my home and work location in google maps and now I get a notification on what my commute time while be in the morning and afternoon before I leave. I thought that was kind cool.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:11 am 
Site Admin

I have a digital thermostat but I don't think it's programmable or anything. Controlling the temps from my phone sounds pretty kickass.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:18 am 
Site Admin

We have 2 digital thermostats also, touch screen also. Replacing the batteries fixed the low battery indicator, so I'm no help there. My wife knows how to program ours. We do not program them from our phones.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:23 am 
Site Admin

I've always wanted a thermostat that tracks my location. Like if I'm at work it sets the temp to 80 or so but the moment I head home it starts lowering the temp. I know you can program them to do it based on times but then you're home sick or whatever and all of the sudden your baking because you forgot to lower it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:29 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I would like that too. Mine has the programmable times, but I usually keep them on override and just one steady temperature throughout the day. I have cats at home and need ultimate comfort.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:42 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I bought a Nest with the 20% off Lowes coupon I got when I bought my house. I was gonna have someone install it but since I'mamanI'm40 I went ahead and did it myself. Now at night when I wake up and it's too hot I can adjust the temp using my phone without ever getting out of bed. :cool:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:30 am 

I just applied for a job (yes, online) on a personal computer. It wouldn't let me just do a resume cut and paste. It asked gobs of questions. It also had a timed 10 min math test. Sheesh. What was bullshit was the kindergarten softballs they pitched for the sample section compared to the live time ones. Then came the personality test. Boy, did it get my dill all in a pickle. I didn't strongly agree or strongly disagree with anything. It's hard to consistently lie for 12 pages but I think I succeeded.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:49 am 

My front left turn signal bulb went out. It really bothers me. Now when I hit my left turn signal it makes a methed out blinkty blinkty blinkty blinkty sound. The right blinker is still a calm, cool, collected blinky blinky blinky. I've never changed a turn signal bulb before.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:53 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

It's real easy and should only cost a couple bucks at the Autozone. O'Reilly Auto Parts can also help if you prefer them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:29 am 
Site Admin

I once thought I had my rear turn signal go out but it turned out the contacts were just corroded. Of course I didn't figure that out till after I bought the bulbs. :urgh:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:38 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I once thought I had a headlight out on the driver's side. Turns out someone stole the whole friggin headlight.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:56 am 
Site Admin

Did anyone ever have a car with flip up headlights? I always thought those were pretty sweet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:43 pm 

I test drove a Fiero once when I was young. It was white with tan interior and gold powder coated rims. It had flip up lights. I did not buy it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:44 pm 

Those lights on that car Dalton bought in Roadhouse were pretty cool too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:19 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

fruitdog wrote:
Did anyone ever have a car with flip up headlights? I always thought those were pretty sweet.

They were sweet for about 6 years until the servos died and left you with a winky.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:48 pm 

Oh my. I just saw a commercial that used my go-to phrase that I used when teaching:

Were you raised by wolves?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:09 am 
I'm a tool.

Walt Disney world is overrated

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:25 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

cap wrote:

Well, It's no Sandy Lake, but it's okay.

"A free society endangers us, without doubt. It is our Achilles Heel, and our glory. It is the risk we take…. Did so many Americans give up their lives to save our freedom so that we could give up our freedom to save our lives?" … Neil Steinberg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:05 am 

Ichabod wrote:
cap wrote:

Well, It's no Sandy Lake, but it's okay.

:D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:23 pm 
I'm a tool.

my office chair stinks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:47 pm 

There is not a better tortilla chip than Julio's, and it's not even close.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:35 pm 
I'm a tool.

FEMA training is the worst. Why is an IT guy in it anyways?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Vans are not a good shoe to wear when it's all wet outside.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:54 pm 
I'm a tool.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:00 am 

For a decorative touch and an added dash of color, we had 3 pumpkins staged on our porch. When staging decorative touches, I find odd numbers are more aesthetically pleasing. They were also staggered by size. One of p-kins was pretty big, while another one was kinda big, and the last one was medium. They looked seasonal and homey. All 3 were orange. This morning I noticed we only had 2 pumpkins, whereas we used to have 3. 1 of the pumpkins is gone. I call shenanigans. Do you have pumpkins on your porch?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:09 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I have a few fake pumpkins, a mini scarecrow and a disembodied foot I haven't put away yet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:18 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I have pumpkins on my porch along with a sign that says "happy harvest" or something along those lines. I started out with 3 because, yes, odd numbers are more aesthetically pleasing. We have 2 now because I pilfered one to carve with the kid over the weekend. There are few things I enjoy less than carving a pumpkin. Did anyone else carve a pumpkin this year?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:28 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Titette wanted a pumpkin so we got her one (to reiterate: odd numbers.) She didn't want to carve it, she wanted to paint it. She got to workin' and before long the entire pumpkin was purple. I thought it was a cool concept. She let it dry for a day, then started touching it up with a slightly lighter shade of purple. Then she took out the white and created a starscape. It looked kinda neat. She finished it off by painting the name of some song off the new 5 Seconds of Summer album on it. She fuckin' ruined Halloween.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:13 am 

I got gas this morning (yes, I use 87 octane :bigtime: ). While the fuel was pumping I took the time to throw away my empty water bottles. That's right, I drink bottled water. Whenever I finish a bottle of bottled water I crush the empty bottle of bottled water right smack in the middle and then I roll the plastic from the bottom of the bottle towards the top like a tube of toothpaste and screw the cap back on. Sometimes the empty bottles of bottled water have other pieces of trash in them, i.e. chewing gum wrappers.It makes a very loud crinkle when you roll up an empty bottle of bottled water. This one time when I was talking on the phone via speaker that is synced with my car while driving ( :bigtime:) I crushed an empty bottle of bottled water and the person on the line was like "whoa, what was that loud noise?" It also makes the empty bottles of bottled water compact when you roll them up. What's your fave brand of bottled water and do you roll your empty bottles of bottled water up? I am not brand loyal. These trashed today were Nestle bottles of bottled water.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:04 am 
Site Admin

I'm not out enough to buy bottled water. We have Ozarka delivered to our house. We get 4 5-gallon bottles and go through them in 3 weeks. We drink a lot of water.

I've carved the last 2 years and had plans to do it, but never felt like it. The kids got some small pumpkins and decorated them with sequins. Someyette crafted a tombstone and wrote RIP on it and put it on one pumpkin. It looked like something a 2nd grader would do (ie, it sucked), but I was proud that she didn't make a bunch of happy pumpkins.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:20 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

We have a Brita pitcher that we fill up with the filtered water from the refrigerator, so it's double filtered. We use it mainly for coffee and cooking. I have an old plastic water bottle at work that I fill up with the Ozarka water. I use water enhancers mostly but sometimes I don't. The bottom of the bottle is stained from the enhancers. Mainly from the Grape Crush, I think, which also turns my poop green.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:26 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

If you're alone in your car and a good song comes on the radio, do you sing along to it? Most of us do, including me, but I always stop singing when traffic slows down or someone's driving along beside me. I don't wanna look like a lunatic to strangers, ya know. Today I was rockin' out to "Head over Heels" by Tears for Fears and I got stuck at a long light with lots of cars around. It was disappointing cuz I really wanted to sing along to that song.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:41 am 
I'm a tool.

that's a fag song

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:03 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

Tit Whistle wrote:
If you're alone in your car and a good song comes on the radio, do you sing along to it? Most of us do, including me, but I always stop singing when traffic slows down or someone's driving along beside me. I don't wanna look like a lunatic to strangers, ya know. Today I was rockin' out to "Head over Heels" by Tears for Fears and I got stuck at a long light with lots of cars around. It was disappointing cuz I really wanted to sing along to that song.

Did anyone mistake you for Roland Orzabal and ask you for an autograph? PS I had to look his name up because I didn't remember it. PPS I don't think I ever actually knew what his name is.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:10 am 
Site Admin

I don't really sing in the car. I used to, but as I've gotten older I've stopped. I'm not in the car much anyway, and during my morning commute (which is about twice as long as my afternoon commute), I still listen to Sportsradio 1310 and 96 7 FM The Ticket.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:16 am 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

or somesuch wrote:
I don't really sing in the car. I used to, but as I've gotten older I've stopped. I'm not in the car much anyway, and during my morning commute (which is about twice as long as my afternoon commute), I still listen to Sportsradio 1310 and 96 7 FM The Ticket.

I sing along with the bit songs. Hits like:

It's the Musers Topic Wheel
We're gonna spin it around
It's the Dunham and Miller Topic Wheel
You can't stop it
We're gonna spin it aroooooooooooooound!

and

Everybody loves
Community Quick Hits!
Community Quick Hits!
Community Quick Hits!

Everybody loves
Community Quick Hits!
Community Quick Hits!
Community Quick Hits! YEAH!

Yep!
Well alright!
Yeh
Right

and who forget the old classic

It's The Micheal Irvin Show
From San Antonio
The Micheal Irvin Show
From San Antonio

:robot: ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:24 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

The Ticket huh? Welp, see ya later!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Tit Whistle wrote:
The Ticket huh? Welp, see ya later!

It's good until about 9:25 am. On the commute home, I usually just turn the radio off and drive in silence. It's the only peace I'm going to get until the kids go to bed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

and I did say "peace", not "piece", because I'm definitely not getting that in the car, or pretty much ever.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:38 pm 
I'm a tool.

or somesuch wrote:
and I did say "peace", not "piece", because I'm definitely not getting that in the car, or pretty much ever.

:babyarm:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:07 pm 
Forum Illuminati
Forum Illuminati

I still get it once or twice a week. You guys should be more irresistible like me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ... 74  Next